Fordmods Logo

FG XR6 Fog Lights. 

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Post subject: FG XR6 Fog Lights.
Posted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:44 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: 09 FG XR6 N/A

VIC, Australia

Recently picked up my FG XR6 and I've a quick question regarding the fog lights and if it would be possible to either wire them myself or get an aftermarket kit so the fog lights could be turned on independently to the head lights?

Post subject: Re: FG XR6 Fog Lights.
Posted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:04 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Ford

VIC, Australia

You could get a complete driving light wiring loom kit which includes relay, Inline fuse, Switch etc from ebay or even Supercheap and wire them up like that but wire them up to the high beam so they come on with the high beam but able to be turned off by the switch. I'm going to do the same to the cornering lamps I have in my EL Fairmont wagon.

Posted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:09 pm 

Ride: 93EB Fairmont / BA Falcon XR6T

NSW, Australia

Unless im misunderstanding you but there should be already a seperate switch for the fog lights.
My BA has one and im positive the FG as well.

93 EB II Fairmon8 with 17' EL GT's / Clear indicators / H.I.Ds / Sports exhaust / Lowered 2' / K&N / XR6 ECU.
2004 BA MKI XR6T in Lightning Strike paint / K&N / XR8 bonnet / BF lights and a few tweaks.

Posted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:46 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: 09 FG XR6 N/A

VIC, Australia

Yeah there is a separate, I guess I worded it kinda funny. Theres a switch for the fog light operation. however mine only seem to operate once I either turn the parkers on, or the light sensor switches the headlights on.

At the moment the only way for me to have my fog lights on is with my parkers or head lights.

What I'm after is a way to have them on without requiring the lights themselves on.

Obviously driving around with fog lights on is illegal it would just be 'cool' to be able to do it.

Posted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:15 am 

Ride: 93EB Fairmont / BA Falcon XR6T

NSW, Australia

Correct they only work with the parkers on. Still look cool though. I put Different coloured parkers in and they look ok. If you really want unplug the parkers and you will have the same thing. :P
Otherwise re running new wires and a seperate switch...... Personally i wouldnt worry about it.

93 EB II Fairmon8 with 17' EL GT's / Clear indicators / H.I.Ds / Sports exhaust / Lowered 2' / K&N / XR6 ECU.
2004 BA MKI XR6T in Lightning Strike paint / K&N / XR8 bonnet / BF lights and a few tweaks.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]