Fordmods Logo

Finished New Front Bar for Super Pursuit 

Page 2 of 3 [ 34 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Posted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:25 am 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 20 images

Ride: 03 Fairmont Ghia

WA, Australia

I got bored, so played with the idea a little, not much you can do on a black bumper :)

Thought by maybe copying the VE commodores foglight setup and adding the AU's c2r grill might look pretty cool.

Attachments:
modded.jpg
modded.jpg [ 126.67 KiB | Viewed 175 times ]

2003 BA Fairmont Ghia V8 www.bseries.com.au/acey xr8 catback

Posted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 6:54 am 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: FPV Super Pursuit

NSW, Australia

fordfreak ef wrote:
having been down in Wagga all week end entered into the same show and having seen the bar IN PERSON... looks quite good... great idea of opening up the top air intake.. :wink:

Thanks for the comments - I had toiled with painting the mesh a silver/blue but I thought it would be too in your face and make the bar look too busy. This is only a prototype and any suggestions is much appreciated and you never know, we may incorporate it into the final bar.

Ciao - James

BA Super Pursuit - Aggressor Bonnet & Front Bar -Rear Entertainment Unit - 33" TV - Custom Interior - Reverse Camera - 2 tone HOK Paint - Advanti Rims - 20x8.5" front - 20x10" rear - 20x10" Custom Trailer - Winner Ute of the Year Deni Ute Muster 2008

Posted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 6:57 am 
Stock as a Rock

NSW, Australia

MilleniumFalcon wrote:
I got bored, so played with the idea a little, not much you can do on a black bumper :)

Thought by maybe copying the VE commodores foglight setup and adding the AU's c2r grill might look pretty cool.

Thanks for the ideas - as mentioned, this is only a prototype and your images look really good - the top grill looks pretty cool. Anytime you are bored and come up with an idea, would be good to see what you do.

Are you able to do the mesh on the front in a silver for me so I can see what it would look like.

Many thanks - James

BA Super Pursuit - Aggressor Bonnet & Front Bar -Rear Entertainment Unit - 33" TV - Custom Interior - Reverse Camera - 2 tone HOK Paint - Advanti Rims - 20x8.5" front - 20x10" rear - 20x10" Custom Trailer - Winner Ute of the Year Deni Ute Muster 2008

Posted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 11:23 am 
Parts Gopher

Ride: XR6

QLD, Australia

That's pretty tidy..Suits the aggressor bonnet and the overall look of the car.

I love the trailer too.

Signature removed - Forum Guidelines forbid commercial advertising
2000 AU2 XR6 VCT

Posted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 12:08 pm 
Stock as a Rock

NSW, Australia

XR Lita wrote:
That's pretty tidy..Suits the aggressor bonnet and the overall look of the car.

I love the trailer too.

Thanks - I like it - blends in well with the overall project.

Ciao - James

Posted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 12:16 am 
Oompa Loompa

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: BF XR6T

QLD, Australia

Hi James

With your driving lights, i think they would look much better if they were set at the same angle as the slope on the side of the air dam, im not sure why. just an idea. :wink: maybe it would look more symetrical and not so busy.

definatly THE BEST PURSUIT I HAVE EVER SEEN!!!. very nice work :D

BF XR6T: Atomic 698 rebuild, bigger huffer, all the Process West goodies, 4" Exhaust, ZF 6 speed tidy up, F6 kit, Boss Bonnet, Black 20" XHP s-35's, Kings sl's with monroe shocks, Street Tune: 396 rwkw on 18 psi. Race Tune: ......... see you at summernats :p

Posted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 3:00 am 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 20 images

Ride: 03 Fairmont Ghia

WA, Australia

SP021 wrote:
MilleniumFalcon wrote:

Thanks for the ideas - as mentioned, this is only a prototype and your images look really good - the top grill looks pretty cool. Anytime you are bored and come up with an idea, would be good to see what you do.

Are you able to do the mesh on the front in a silver for me so I can see what it would look like.

Many thanks - James

You made the right choice going with a black mesh, but because I cant see the car in person, from the pics the mesh looks a little too small.

Anyhow hope this is what you were after. Your car is hard to photoshop from the angle and your awesome paintjob :D plus the black hides too much detail but its all good :).

I'm a bit puzzled with the idea to your trailer though, the way you had it painted all sides but 1.

Attachments:
modded2.jpg
modded2.jpg [ 65.45 KiB | Viewed 132 times ]

2003 BA Fairmont Ghia V8 www.bseries.com.au/acey xr8 catback

Posted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 4:23 am 
Stock as a Rock

NSW, Australia

matt 158 wrote:
Hi James

With your driving lights, i think they would look much better if they were set at the same angle as the slope on the side of the air dam, im not sure why. just an idea. :wink: maybe it would look more symetrical and not so busy.

definatly THE BEST PURSUIT I HAVE EVER SEEN!!!. very nice work :D

Thanks for the comments - it is a bit hard to see the detail in the images due to the black. I will put up an image which shows the lights sideon.

Ciao - James

Posted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 4:27 am 
Stock as a Rock

NSW, Australia

MilleniumFalcon wrote:
SP021 wrote:
MilleniumFalcon wrote:

Many thanks - James

You made the right choice going with a black mesh, but because I cant see the car in person, from the pics the mesh looks a little too small.

Anyhow hope this is what you were after. Your car is hard to photoshop from the angle and your awesome paintjob :D plus the black hides too much detail but its all good :).

I'm a bit puzzled with the idea to your trailer though, the way you had it painted all sides but 1.

Thanks for the photoshop - it is a bit hard to see the detail of the mesh vents due to the black paint job. I will take another image later on and put it on the website so that you can see the grill areas.

The front of the trailer is done in embossed stainless steel plating. It is not painted due to the amount of stones that actually fly up and hit the front. There are some better images of the trailer on my website with a lot more detail - go onto the site and have a look.

Ciao - James

Posted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 4:30 am 
Stock as a Rock

NSW, Australia

attached image shows the driving lights a bit better and the angle of the lights. The lights setting follows the headlights, one out and one in.

Ciao - James

Attachments:
IMG_2878 (750 x 502).jpg
IMG_2878 (750 x 502).jpg [ 91.27 KiB | Viewed 144 times ]

Posted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 8:01 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: XE Fairmont Ghia

NSW, Australia

great looking unit mate credit to you!!

Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 12:06 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: BF XR6T

QLD, Australia

Thanks for the other pic. now i can see what you mean by 1 in and 1 out :wink: stick with that but maybe line up lights with side of air dam as well 8-) heres what i mean...

i think it will look good whatever you do to it (within reason of course :lol: ) your past the point were no matter what you do it will suit the car nicely. :wink:

matt

Attachments:
custom bar.JPG
custom bar.JPG [ 33.73 KiB | Viewed 149 times ]

BF XR6T: Atomic 698 rebuild, bigger huffer, all the Process West goodies, 4" Exhaust, ZF 6 speed tidy up, F6 kit, Boss Bonnet, Black 20" XHP s-35's, Kings sl's with monroe shocks, Street Tune: 396 rwkw on 18 psi. Race Tune: ......... see you at summernats :p

Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 8:07 pm 
Stock as a Rock

NSW, Australia

matt 158 wrote:
Thanks for the other pic. now i can see what you mean by 1 in and 1 out :wink: stick with that but maybe line up lights with side of air dam as well 8-) heres what i mean...

i think it will look good whatever you do to it (within reason of course :lol: ) your past the point were no matter what you do it will suit the car nicely. :wink:

matt

Hi Matt, thanks for the input - did have a look at putting the driving lights in as you indicated. We came to the conclution that due to the size of the lights, (Small) that it leaves quite an area to be filled. We have placed the lights apart to enhance the rest of that particular area.

From the top vents ( above the lights ) to the bottom of the driving lights there is a difined area which flows around the edges. We had a team of 5 guys look at the layout of the lights and it just looked a lot better with them being side on, thus filling up some of the space. This is why we also had one light in further than the other, once again following the layout of the actual headlights on the car.

This bar on the car, as mentioned, is a prototype and will be on the car until February, March next year. During this time we are looking for feedback from guys like yourself (which I must point out, is much appreciated) Much better than some feedback, like ( its looks s**t ).

This bar will then come off the car and we will make the changes that we think will work. As you realise at the end of the day, you cannot please everyone and you have to bite the bullet and make a final decision.

As for the driving lights, they can only be used in association with high beam, you cannot use them as an extended park light - you have probably noticed a lot of BA/BF Fords driving around with their Fog Lights on which they can get away with as they are not very bright - (even though it is illegal to drive with them on ). The opposite of the driving lights that I have put on the car. They are 50w halogen lights and with the 4 of them on it is blinding. We were also restricted in choosing the driving lights due to the space available.

On behalf of the team, thanks for your constructive comments and ideas.

Ciao - James

Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 8:33 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: ef futura/ef fairmont

NSW, Australia

hey james i was there in wagga with matt,donna and pete and family,and brett, the bar looks good in person suits the style of car and if you win two awards it means something then doesn't it! you might remember me i'm the one with the green ef was also in the show. keep up the good work champ your car look sweet.

custom airbox,custom intake
paccie comps,lukey 2.5 cat back,high flow cat
CMS stg2 head,CMS stg2.A. cam,CMS hybrid auto with mod shift,3.9 lsd
custom 3500rpm hi stall
ANZ mayhem 18's,custom interior,venom body kit,xr wing,jumbo 2' low springs
143rwkw and 407rwnm on CMS dyno

Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 8:48 pm 
Stock as a Rock

NSW, Australia

green machine wrote:
hey james i was there in wagga with matt,donna and pete and family,and brett, the bar looks good in person suits the style of car and if you win two awards it means something then doesn't it! you might remember me i'm the one with the green ef was also in the show. keep up the good work champ your car look sweet.

Hi thanks for the comments - sweet ride you have with the green ef. There were some pretty neat machines on show at Wagga - a good combination of all types of Fords. I do like my Super Pursuit but that does not mean I cannot appreciate other peoples rides. I've seen some that I would gladly take home ) unfortuneately, I have this affliction that makes me want to mod every car that I see )

Will be going down to Canberra on the 25th for the All Ford Day - it is held in conjuction with Marques in the Park - it is a great day out and I believe there were in excess of 500 cars on show last year. I have been to the AFD for the last 4 years in Canberra and it is one of my favourite shows.

Ciao - James

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 3  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next