front seal leak in diff 

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Post subject: front seal leak in diff
Posted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 9:53 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: ED XR6

NSW, Australia

hi,
My diff had a leak in the front seal so i have been able to get this far by myself.
I have managed to take the back plate off the diff, all the gears insided look in good order. There were no metal shavings in there at all, which is always good. I have also releaseed the drive shaft, before doing so, i marked where the drive train meet with the yoke, so it aligns properly when it goes back together.
Now for the part that i have no idea about, how do i replace the the front seal???
Any sugestions would be great, as i neeed to get her back on the road before chrissi (i'm dreaming, i know).
thanks james :?

Any info. regarding the ED XR6 would be greatly appreciated, I'm in the process of doing reaserch to modify my car.

Posted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 6:45 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

just did mine a while ago ummm pretty sure the bit you marked you take that off and simply the seal should be behind that replace it smake it all back together cant really remember too much (details) just that you have to mark where drive train meet with the yoke was easy but

Post subject: leak
Posted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 6:55 pm 
Oompa Loompa

NSW, Australia

mark the yoke to the housing, simply undo centre nut, might have to tap litely to remove. flick out seal with screw driver, check seal runnin surfave for shiney grooves (look polished) use sand paper to remove grooves, bit of rubber grease on surface slide back in do up to specs. and wallah

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]