Fordmods Logo

GlassyLite Headlight repair works great!! 

 

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

 
 Post subject: GlassyLite Headlight repair works great!!
Posted: Fri May 01, 2009 4:18 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 887

Joined: 8th Aug 2006

Ride: Falcon

Location: Central Highlands
QLD, Australia

Tried the headlight repair procedure in tech docs but it didn't do much. Both lenses were slightly yellow but were misty/foggy looking. Night driving on low beam was s**t house.

Anyway got this product of Ebay and yeah it works great, they have come up looking brand new. Not bad for original 11yr old headlights.

Image

 

_________________

97 EL Fairmont 4l OHC .Silver.
Exhaust: Pacemaker's, 2.5" exhaust and Hiflow cat
Intake: FRAM AIRHOG , EL GT snorkel
XR6 300kpa fuel reg Stg 2 Auto Shift Kit.6DJA ECU
PM in Qld looking too buy Toyota 4*4 SR5 Dualcab Hilux 91-97 with 2.8l diesel engine/5spd manual

Last edited by EL__Fairmont on Sat May 02, 2009 2:23 am, edited 3 times in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: GlassyLite Headlight repair works great
Posted: Fri May 01, 2009 6:03 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 29

Posts: 814

Joined: 2nd Apr 2007

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: ED fairmont Ghia 5 litre

Location: blue mountains
NSW, Australia

they come up a treat
what exactly did u use any links to the product?

 

_________________

THE V8 OUTLAW

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: GlassyLite Headlight repair works great
Posted: Fri May 01, 2009 6:23 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 887

Joined: 8th Aug 2006

Ride: Falcon

Location: Central Highlands
QLD, Australia

vrblou02 wrote:
they come up a treat
what exactly did u use any links to the product?


Here's the website;
http://www.glassylite.net.au/

Youtube vid;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AuRJ0huyks&feature=related


I got one off EBAY...
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Glassylite-Headlight-Cleaner-Mercedes-ML-Audi-A4-A6-R33_W0QQitemZ220406123461QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAU_Car_Parts_Accessories?hash=item220406123461&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2|65%3A1|39%3A1|240%3A1318|301%3A1|293%3A1|294%3A50

 

_________________

97 EL Fairmont 4l OHC .Silver.
Exhaust: Pacemaker's, 2.5" exhaust and Hiflow cat
Intake: FRAM AIRHOG , EL GT snorkel
XR6 300kpa fuel reg Stg 2 Auto Shift Kit.6DJA ECU
PM in Qld looking too buy Toyota 4*4 SR5 Dualcab Hilux 91-97 with 2.8l diesel engine/5spd manual

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: GlassyLite Headlight repair works great
Posted: Fri May 01, 2009 6:44 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 26

Posts: 2823

Joined: 26th Jul 2006

Ride: EF Fairmont II

Location: Melbourne
VIC, Australia

One of the guys at work told me to wet rub my headlights with p800 and then p1200 and spray a clear coat and they should come up as good as new so il give that a go while my car is getting fixed.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: GlassyLite Headlight repair works great
Posted: Fri May 01, 2009 7:28 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 28

Posts: 2477

Joined: 10th Mar 2007

Gallery: 27 images

Ride: 1995 EF Fairmont

Location: Auckland
New Zealand

Wet sanding from about 600 or 800 depending on how bad the yellowing is then work your way up to around 1500, 2000 if you want, then hit it with a few coats of plastic polish, comes up a treat as well. But you need something to seal it so it doesnt fade a few weeks later lol.

Wish they had the glassy light stuff over here in NZ, ive seen a few member on here that have used it have had great results, the pictures prove how good the stuff is 8-)

 

_________________

Money Talks, But All Mine Ever Says Is Goodbye
EF Fairmont - EFF111 Build Thread

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: GlassyLite Headlight repair works great!!
Posted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:08 am 
Smokin em up
Offline

Age: 37

Posts: 262

Joined: 15th Aug 2007

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: Au fairmont seires I

Location: Sunshine coast
QLD, Australia

i sell this stuff and its good for decent ytellowed headlights, if they are really damaged with oxidization it wont fix but will improve them alot. my mates monty was yellow as but is alot clearer now. mine were bad but are now clear so chech this stuff out.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll ... RK:MESE:IT

i used autosol first then this stuff i sell and they came up nice and new

saves all the hard sanding etc

 

_________________

People hate the au series but i wouldnt have it any other way!!!

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: GlassyLite Headlight repair works great!!
Posted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 10:05 pm 
Fordmods Newbie
Offline

Posts: 1

Joined: 7th Nov 2009

Ride: Ford Falcon

Location: Sunny Coast
QLD, Australia

Futuraclassic wrote:
i sell this stuff and its good for decent ytellowed headlights, if they are really damaged with oxidization it wont fix but will improve them alot. my mates monty was yellow as but is alot clearer now. mine were bad but are now clear so chech this stuff out.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll ... RK:MESE:IT

i used autosol first then this stuff i sell and they came up nice and new

saves all the hard sanding etc


Mate I don't doubt for 1 second your stuff clears up headlites too. But after years of using polishing agents on my lights I realised that they only give a temporary solution. As a budget alterative
great, but after the glassylite kit I used I must say when the sealer goes on its like watching a miracle... truly amazing.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: GlassyLite Headlight repair works great!!
Posted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 10:33 pm 
Smokin em up
Offline

Age: 37

Posts: 262

Joined: 15th Aug 2007

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: Au fairmont seires I

Location: Sunshine coast
QLD, Australia

XP-Coupe wrote:
Futuraclassic wrote:
i sell this stuff and its good for decent ytellowed headlights, if they are really damaged with oxidization it wont fix but will improve them alot. my mates monty was yellow as but is alot clearer now. mine were bad but are now clear so chech this stuff out.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll ... RK:MESE:IT

i used autosol first then this stuff i sell and they came up nice and new

saves all the hard sanding etc


Mate I don't doubt for 1 second your stuff clears up headlites too. But after years of using polishing agents on my lights I realised that they only give a temporary solution. As a budget alterative
great, but after the glassylite kit I used I must say when the sealer goes on its like watching a miracle... truly amazing.



yeh i believe you mate, the stuff i sell is an imported product that car restorers have used since i think the 60's they said. i bought it for my car and it worked wonders so i decided to import more to help people fix up their problem headlights too. this stuff i sell is great for cleaning em up real nice for shows and for sale items too. its a plastic restorer and it even made a huge difference on my taillights making them look new. I never realised they were even damaged but after using it it made a difference. everyone just make your mind up of your own accord anyway as theyre both great products

 

_________________

People hate the au series but i wouldnt have it any other way!!!

Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 8 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

 

 

It is currently Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:12 am All times are UTC + 11 hours

 

 

(c)2014 Total Web Solutions Australia - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names