Fordmods Logo

Guard Rolling 

 

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

 
 Post subject: Guard Rolling
Posted: Mon May 14, 2007 11:51 pm 
Fordmods Newbie
Offline

Posts: 1

Joined: 21st Apr 2007

Location: Sydney
NSW, Australia

I need some advice on getting my guards rolled on my EF, i have done a search but getting mixed feelings with Tempe tyres, anyone know of anyone that does a good job in Sydney's Southern suburbs, as i am in the shire. Any help is appreciated.

Cheers
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Tue May 15, 2007 1:00 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 34

Posts: 10826

Joined: 17th Apr 2005

Gallery: 34 images

Ride: BF MK11 XR 6 TURBO ZF 6spd

Power: 225 rwkw

Location: glenwood/sydney
NSW, Australia

there a guy that does "mobile guard rolling" uses the propper machine that bolts to the hub to roll the guards.. no rubbber mallet used... :lol:

advertises in the back of street machine and hot 4s mags....

 

_________________

Todd: Nurse, suction.
Nurse: The patient's not even here yet.
Todd: I know.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GQpRYRcAiA

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Tue May 15, 2007 5:51 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 43

Posts: 568

Joined: 15th Jan 2005

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: EF GLi (V8)

Location: Sale
VIC, Australia

have you tried you local panel beaters, they should have the right gear.

 

_________________

former FORD V8 owner :(
MAY THE FORDS BE WITH YOU

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Tue May 15, 2007 5:55 pm 
Technical Contributor
Offline
User avatar

Age: 34

Posts: 4355

Joined: 14th Dec 2005

Gallery: 36 images

Ride: Fairlane

Location: Newy
NSW, Australia

znipa-x wrote:
have you tried you local panel beaters, they should have the right gear.


Do you know of anyone in our area that does it, i have rang a few places and i cant seem to find any that have the roller and not the mallet.

 

_________________

The Lane Lives.... Finally!!!!

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Tue May 15, 2007 6:00 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 31

Posts: 2550

Joined: 28th Jun 2005

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: EF 5 Speed, XH Uterus :P

Location: Hobart
TAS, Australia

If you're feeling brave, use a baseball bat - works a treat!

Just lift the car enough to fit it between the arch and tyre, then get someone to move the car forward and back slowly and you've rolled your guard! :P

*NOTE: This was done on a snotbox corolla for s**t and giggles. Try at your own risk!*

 

_________________

Maloo - Holden's word for ugly.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Tue May 15, 2007 6:04 pm 
Technical Contributor
Offline
User avatar

Age: 34

Posts: 4355

Joined: 14th Dec 2005

Gallery: 36 images

Ride: Fairlane

Location: Newy
NSW, Australia

**note to self, never take advise of Mr sperm again** :lol:

 

_________________

The Lane Lives.... Finally!!!!

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Tue May 15, 2007 6:42 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 43

Posts: 568

Joined: 15th Jan 2005

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: EF GLi (V8)

Location: Sale
VIC, Australia

castlegreyskull wrote:

Do you know of anyone in our area that does it, i have rang a few places and i cant seem to find any that have the roller and not the mallet.


I called the panel beater just up the road and asked if he could do it, and if he had the correct gear, yes & yes were the replies, I figure they are a better option even if they use a hammer, better than a tyre fitter and a hammer that's for sure.

 

_________________

former FORD V8 owner :(
MAY THE FORDS BE WITH YOU

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Tue May 15, 2007 7:01 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 31

Posts: 2550

Joined: 28th Jun 2005

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: EF 5 Speed, XH Uterus :P

Location: Hobart
TAS, Australia

castlegreyskull wrote:
**note to self, never take advise of Mr sperm again** :lol:


that's what i always do too - great minds think alike! oh, hang on..... :lol:

 

_________________

Maloo - Holden's word for ugly.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Tue May 15, 2007 8:09 pm 
Oompa Loompa
Offline

Age: 27

Posts: 47

Joined: 27th Jul 2006

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: BF XR6T

Location: Hervey Bay & Brisbane
QLD, Australia

hey guys
1 quik Q...(i dont no anythin bout painting, can u tell :p) do you need to respray the pannels if you roll the guards ?? (ive got an el n want to get it done but was told id need to respray cause the paint would flake off :( )

cheers

 

_________________

BF XR6T: Atomic 698 rebuild, bigger huffer, all the Process West goodies, 4" Exhaust, ZF 6 speed tidy up, F6 kit, Boss Bonnet, Black 20" XHP s-35's, Kings sl's with monroe shocks, Street Tune: 396 rwkw on 18 psi. Race Tune: ......... see you at summernats :p

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Tue May 15, 2007 8:21 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 43

Posts: 568

Joined: 15th Jan 2005

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: EF GLi (V8)

Location: Sale
VIC, Australia

matt 158 wrote:
hey guys
1 quik Q...(i dont no anythin bout painting, can u tell :p) do you need to respray the pannels if you roll the guards ?? (ive got an el n want to get it done but was told id need to respray cause the paint would flake off :( )

cheers


depends on how they do it and the condition of the paint, the beater told me it could crack along the fold, but they said they warm it up a bit and fold gradually in an attempt to reduce it, bur what better place to have the car if it does crack, they can fix it on the spot, I was just going to use touch up if that happened as my paint us rooted anyway, but I don't even need a roll job.

 

_________________

former FORD V8 owner :(
MAY THE FORDS BE WITH YOU

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Mon May 21, 2007 4:45 pm 
Oompa Loompa
Offline

Age: 27

Posts: 47

Joined: 27th Jul 2006

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: BF XR6T

Location: Hervey Bay & Brisbane
QLD, Australia

znipa-x wrote:
matt 158 wrote:
hey guys
1 quik Q...(i dont no anythin bout painting, can u tell :p) do you need to respray the pannels if you roll the guards ?? (ive got an el n want to get it done but was told id need to respray cause the paint would flake off :( )

cheers


depends on how they do it and the condition of the paint, the beater told me it could crack along the fold, but they said they warm it up a bit and fold gradually in an attempt to reduce it, bur what better place to have the car if it does crack, they can fix it on the spot, I was just going to use touch up if that happened as my paint us rooted anyway, but I don't even need a roll job.
cheers znipa-x

 

_________________

BF XR6T: Atomic 698 rebuild, bigger huffer, all the Process West goodies, 4" Exhaust, ZF 6 speed tidy up, F6 kit, Boss Bonnet, Black 20" XHP s-35's, Kings sl's with monroe shocks, Street Tune: 396 rwkw on 18 psi. Race Tune: ......... see you at summernats :p

Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 11 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

 

 

It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:02 am All times are UTC + 11 hours

 

 

(c)2014 Total Web Solutions Australia - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names