Help....Boot Release doesnt let go 

Page 2 of 2 [ 26 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Posted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:17 am 
Fordmods Junkie

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EL Fairmont, VFR400 racer

Power: 144 rwkw

VIC, Australia

have you tried forcing the lid to the left or right and upwards at the same time...can't remember how the lid locks onto the boot. might be able to give the latch enough room to unlatch itself it is hanging on by a 1mm or 2.

I don't know if this will work, but try pushing the lid downwards and hold it down while you turn the key. The boot lit might have something jammed between the lid and car body, causing the latch to be forced upwards with enough force for the relay not to be strong enough to unlatch it...happened to my EA.

If those fail...then I can't help you no more.

phong =P~

phongus = Post whore 2006
EL XR6 motor, EL ECU + J3 chip, WADE 1673 Camshaft, 3" S/S intake, Pacy 4480, 2.5" Hi flow cat, 2.5" Lukey exhaust.
Max Power = 144.6 rwkw (03/05/2008)

Posted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:06 am 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: BA XT

VIC, Australia

Its getting to the point where i might get out tha bloody angle grinder. Bloody spare tyres in the boot and im stuffed if i get a flat

Has anyone done the drilling behind the number plate and has a pic so i can see where to drill?

Ford Falcon BA XT 2003, Stock Engine, Factory Fitted LPG, Monroe GT Sports Shockers, King Coil Springs, Advanti Shine 19" 8x5 Rims, 2 1/2" Exhaust,DNA Fascia, Pioneer DEH-1350MPG Head Unit, Powervox 500watt 4 Channel Amp, Aerpro Hi/Lo Audio level converter, Pioneer 10" Sub Woofer

Posted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:15 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF wagoon

WA, Australia

If you do end up cutting the bootlid, it might be a good idea to mark around the number plate before you take it off. This way you will know for sure that the plate will cover your work after you have finished.

EF GLi Wagoon
Grandpa Spec

Posted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:25 pm 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

yeah i dunno what im gonna do

I would like to resort to drilling the 6-8mil hole someone mentioned but dont want to randomly drill anywhere and hopefully someone will be able to provide a pic, or even where i need to drill

Ford Falcon BA XT 2003, Stock Engine, Factory Fitted LPG, Monroe GT Sports Shockers, King Coil Springs, Advanti Shine 19" 8x5 Rims, 2 1/2" Exhaust,DNA Fascia, Pioneer DEH-1350MPG Head Unit, Powervox 500watt 4 Channel Amp, Aerpro Hi/Lo Audio level converter, Pioneer 10" Sub Woofer

Posted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 5:51 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: 96 XH/97 EL

NSW, Australia

Try and unbolt the striker as suggested at http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11217160

I don't own a sedan, but I think in the EF/EL's, the bolts are only accessed inside the boot - someone will confirm this.

96 XH Longreach 'S': LPG, Alarm, 3.23:1 LSD, Cruise, Trip Comp, ABS, Power Windows, Mid Series Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl
97 EL Futura S/W: LPG, Alarm, LED int Lts, Trip Comp, F/Lane Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl, T5 Conversion

Posted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:24 pm 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

i like the striker idea i`ll give it a go tommorow when i do the ATF oil change

Posted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 10:56 pm 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

Well i got in the boot, cant say it was a pleasant way to get in.

I drilled the hole to release the Lock where i thought it was and got it wrong. Followed the steps in the link provided by "snap0964" and i regret to say that the striker nuts are not accessible from the back of the car, i took the bumper off to get to that nuts and broke the damn right hand bumper guider and after all that they where not accessible. At this point i`d had enough and got the grinder out to cut my way in. My girlfriend went and hid in her Yaris next to mine " Sparks flying everywhere, i was p****d" i cut a hole (forget the dimensions, but just within a spot where it could be hidden by the Number plate.)

After opening the boot successfully, my girlfriend thought she was so good opening the boot....All she did was turn the key SIGH!

Anyway after successfully opening the boot it confirmed me fears and they are that having a sub installed was all that caused it. Turns out my days of lots of bass caused the s**t boot packing, filler crap they put in to crack and fall down into the boot lock release. Therefore when you press the button or use the key the lock cant release cause of the filling jammed in the lock.

I have uploaded pics that i took with my phone of what i had to do and the evil filling that caused it all, the last one is a bit crappy it was night here when i finished.

P.S Word of advice, if you dont need to remove your rear bumper then just leave it on......mine was such a b**ch to get off and its a nightmare to put back on

Attachments:
File comment: The Evil Filler that caused my problem
DSC00669.JPG
DSC00669.JPG [ 221.43 KiB | Viewed 1077 times ]
File comment: Couldnt Belive the amout of filler spralled around in the boot
DSC00668.JPG
DSC00668.JPG [ 301.64 KiB | Viewed 1093 times ]
File comment: The hole
DSC00667.JPG
DSC00667.JPG [ 257.57 KiB | Viewed 1085 times ]
File comment: That bit of metal sticking out, well thats where the lock is situated, LMAO i just looked at the pic, its kinda hard to get a straight line with an angle grinder. Oh well it did the job
DSC00666.JPG
DSC00666.JPG [ 177.98 KiB | Viewed 1114 times ]
File comment: God she looks freaky without the Bumper
DSC00665.JPG
DSC00665.JPG [ 202.26 KiB | Viewed 1082 times ]

Last edited by dannyye on Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:08 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Posted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 10:58 pm 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

Sorry bout the size im friggin tried and cant be fagged adjusting, but seriously is Dial-Up still avaliable?

I cut a piece of Tin and siliconed it over the hole and then painted it the same colour as the car, it came up alright, but im just relieved that i can access the boot now

Attachments:
File comment: Number plate back on my recklessness hidden :P
DSC00671.JPG
DSC00671.JPG [ 173.42 KiB | Viewed 1084 times ]

Posted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 5:55 am 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

this happened to my brothers EF this morning... and there is a sub box blocking most of the boot... sorry to burst your bubble. but theres a fuse u can pull out of the interior fusebox and put it back in about 7 seconds later then the boot release button in the interior is able to be clicked. pops the boot open straight away. i couldnt find anything blocking the latch tho.

Posted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 9:12 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: xc wag's, tnklane wag's

QLD, Australia

Yeah, but if you read the thread, he was pressing the boot release etc. the relay was clicking but the latch was jammed.

glad to hear you got it sorted in the end and all good now.

Signature removed by moderator.signature must not exceed 120x500 pixles

Posted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 2:34 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: Esky

WA, Australia

hickmanioz wrote:
when you do get it open, i reckon you will find a nice little chunk of hardened glue/foam s**t that comes from inside the bootlining. It most likely will be stuck in the boot latch :)

happened to me but fortunately i didn't have a gas tank in the way to get it out

TOLD YA SO! good ol subs vibrating the boot :)

Team EGO

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2