Fordmods Logo

help! lowering info needed 

Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

Post subject: help! lowering info needed
Posted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 6:06 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: NL fairlane

VIC, Australia

im looking at buying a EF unregd apparently professionally lowered, how do i know if its too low for roadworthy? it has standard wheels.

the guy doesn't have a receipt for the work because he bought it 6 months ago like that, but apparently never tried to reg it, he collects cars it would seem from the 6 other unregd cars in his front yard.

im a bit worried about other things also, i checked the vin and vicroads said the rego was suspended by EPA in february, i rang epa they said too noisy.

Posted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 8:42 pm 
Smokin em up

Ride: EBII

VIC, Australia

Just have a set of standard springs thrown in for RW.
Is it actually noisy? It may have been fixed since then.
If it is noisy and the guy didn't mention an aftermarket exhaust, it may have a hole in it somewhere. Jack it up and look for cracks/holes in the exhaust.
Once you're happy with it, organise for EPA to re-check it and get the suspension cleared

Brand New Distributor: $50 + other stuffs
forums/viewtopic.php?t=73696&highlight=ebii
... "And the mountains shall drop sweet wine and the hills shall melt"...

Posted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:10 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF F6 Tornado - #0077

VIC, Australia

lowest point to be 100mm. check the camber on the wheels too

so if the zorst is damaged or loud, might pay to swap it out and lift it a little

** For Sale ** http://www.fordmods.com/ford-parts-for-sale-f17/assorted-e-series-parts-t124697.html

F6 Tornado 2006 Build

Is it about sex? The engine in my car? Or a cure for cancer?
No?

Then f**k off

Posted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 7:45 am 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

i went there yesterday arvo but he wasnt home, i measured the heigh as best i could abot 12-16 cm, but i guess the front would be the lowest point? i shouldve checked there.

i looked underneath and there was two mufflers in the middle, i couldnt check if there was an end muffler because it is parked rear to a bush! and it was raining.

when i test drove it last week it sounded nice but not loud to me, i also looked at the tip and it appeared to be a standard exhaust in size and appearance. the lady at EPA said usually if the suspend a car and then it is sold the owner puts a stock exhaust because he wants to keep the loud one, i hope that is the case, but why wouldn't the guy take his extractors as well?

id say it had bling wheels and he took them off, there is also heaps of wiring for subwoofers in the back and engine bay, anyway ill go there this morning and see.

Posted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 8:59 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: BA XR6

NSW, Australia

just bee carefull, i hate seeing people gettin stitched up.

Go The Mighty Falcon.

2004 BA XR6 FORD FALCON
COLD AIR INTAKE, FLASH TUNER, 2 1/2 PERFORMANCE EXHAUST, JOHN BOWE SIGNATURE SERIES BILLLET THROTTLE BODIE, REFLECTIVE TINT, CLARION 5X7 WITH INBUILT CAPACITOR,NOW WITH FUSION ENCOUNTER 10 IN SUB+AMP, RED SMOOTH CALIPERS, BUT STILL ONE NUTS DRIVER.

Posted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 7:11 am 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

ive been ripped bad a coupla times now but this car has been modded up before and its cheap, electrics seem to work, AC aswell, im a bit worried though, if i buy another lemon my wife is gonna boot me out and make me sleep in it ... alone ... and its been cold the last few nights down here *sob*

Posted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:59 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Gallery: 30 images

QLD, Australia

just look at the spring if yellow there kings and if red pedders and blue are lovals if black and car is low there cut

Posted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:42 pm 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

thanks, will implement that advice tomorrow

Posted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:54 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: 2021 Amarok V6

SA, Australia

still sounds a bit dodgy to me. if theyre cut standard springs id stay right away from it.

2021 V6 Manual Amarok - 245kw/750nm - many goodies
1997 EL Fairmont Ghia 4.0 - Heritage Green & Cappa
2010 Suzuki GSX650F - when I want to be silly

Posted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:27 pm 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

hi, springs are red front and back shocks are grey with pedders logo on back, and to dirty to tell on front.

the guy says xorst been fixed when he got it, im waiting for clear weather for test as its outside apparently.

Posted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 4:58 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

mate id walk away from it and find something else. you can find much much better. get something ready to turn the key and enjoy

Posted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 12:03 am 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

too late, payed for it already, the guy said if it fails the noise test he will pay for the exhaust, he also agreed to near new tires cheap and he said he will do the RWC for me(for money of course hes a RWC tester as well as tyre dealer), im considering it but atm im inclining towards a good value mechanic ive heard has a good rep amongst my coleagues.

i will post pics tomorrow, in this thread and maybe in the for sale thread(?) as its to beasty for me really to much of a step up from ea with exhaust to manual EF lowered, paceys, kn panel, modded airbox, possibly cammed(i wouldnt know) and heavy duty clutch and shortshift (i wouldnt know, i never drove another manual falc to compare) what i had before to this is huge diference like i mean everytime i drive up to 80 in a few seconds and i need to change my undies, then i can only fit one babyseat as the pioneer speakers block spots on each side and my manual driving experience is limited to ford transit work van i drive time to time, even i stall that heaps.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 12 posts ]