Fordmods Logo

Help with sunroof issues!!! 

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Post subject: Help with sunroof issues!!!
Posted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:07 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 28 images

Ride: NCII Fairlane + G220

Power: 143 rwkw

NSW, Australia

I have developed a new problem with my sunroof. It raises up and down fine, but when I attempt to slide it back to open up the roof opening, it only goes back about 25% and then just stops :x
When I attempt to close it, it won't move at first until I give it a bit of encouragement and then it closes under it's own steam again???
Has anybody had a similar fault with their sunroof? I am tempted to pull it out and give it a once over as well as it still leaks when it rains, so it is really starting to give me the s**t now :twisted:
Any help will be greatly appreciated. :D
Cheers,
Mick

E-Series Fairlane/LTD? forums/post746329.html#746329
Mick's Garage forums/viewtopic.php?t=65504

Posted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:22 am 
Stock as a Rock

QLD, Australia

NCIILANE wrote:
I have developed a new problem with my sunroof. It raises up and down fine, but when I attempt to slide it back to open up the roof opening, it only goes back about 25% and then just stops :x
When I attempt to close it, it won't move at first until I give it a bit of encouragement and then it closes under it's own steam again???
Has anybody had a similar fault with their sunroof? I am tempted to pull it out and give it a once over as well as it still leaks when it rains, so it is really starting to give me the s**t now :twisted:
Any help will be greatly appreciated. :D
Cheers,
Mick
Sound's like it's got something stopping it,maybe there is some s**t build-up in there, pull it out and have a look, and see what is actually happening, worth a try!! :)
You might have to grease the slides/runners again,
what brand of sunroof is it? SKYTOP or HOLLANDIA?
if it's the SKYTOP, good luck trying to find the parts!, apparently they went out of business bout 10yrs ago ( so i've been told!!)
If you do happen to find the parts ,CAN you let me know aswell?, i'm chasing the felt that goe's around the glass part on the body of the sunroof, mine is STUFFED!!. :(
I haven't got mine in yet, that's what's stopping me, and a little bit of rust in the front drain pipes, but other than that it works fine!!.

Cheers Jason. 8-)

Posted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:37 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

G'day Jason,
Seems to be more of an electrical problem to me, it just stops dead in the same position every time :roll: Could be a faulty microswitch that senses when the roof is fully opened but is stopping it too soon???
Not sure of the brand, it is the original factory fitted item. I will have to have a closer look.
I guess I will just have to pull it out as I have a similar problem with my roof leaking, I think one of the drainage pipes is blocked (only leaks on the drivers side)
Could also be caused by the water getting into it as well....not sure!
Cheers,
Mick

Posted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 4:10 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

OK! I've just had a bit of a play and have a bit more info to add.
The only brand marking is on the glass itself and has "sicursiv" on it.
The other thing I have noticed is the motor has some sort of resettable safety cutout on it. When I drive the glass back and it stops, I can hear a relay "click" and it will no longer open or close. If I leave it for about 5-10 seconds, it re-engages and I can close it again, but it won't open any further than the original stopping point.
Without tearing the interior of the car out, I don't see how I can remove it to check out if there is something blocking the track.
Does anyone have any idea's???
Looks like i'm going to be busy this weekend ripping my interior out unless somebody has come accross this issue before. :?

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]