Fordmods Logo

HID Bi-Xenon Lights H4 FULL KIT High AND Low beam 6000K 

Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ] Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: HID Bi-Xenon Lights H4 FULL KIT High AND Low beam 6000K
Posted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:25 am 
Parts Gopher

Ride: 1995 EF Fairmont

NSW, Australia

I have been doing some research into HID headlights and have come across this kit as i am new to this subject and don't wish to spend money on a s*#t product or the wrong product will this work on an EF Fairmont i would like to have HID lights for high and low beam any help or suggestions with this would be greatly appreciated. http://cgi.ebay.com.au/HID-Bi-Xenon-Lights-H4-FULL-KIT-High-AND-Low-beam-6000K_W0QQitemZ120361511120QQihZ002QQcategoryZ42613QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1742.m153.l1262

Posted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:16 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Well mate, from the look of the kit I can see it isn't some shonky half baked product from some backyard bloke so, that point of view I would say they are genuine about it.

If you intend to buy them you are looking at modifying the caps that go over the back of your Headlight to get the wires through and I would suggest you be very careful as new ones of those caps are no longer available new.

I would also check very carefully HOW you will do the job before jumping in feet first and stuffing the whole thing.

Just take your time and BE careful ok? :)

Posted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:29 am 
Parts Gopher

NSW, Australia

thanks for you help i was thinking about it last night and thought i'd lay it out to see what needs to be done they come with fairly detailed instructions and i have a mate who is an auto sparky

Posted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:28 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: 2021 Amarok V6

SA, Australia

hmm that one looks pretty good to me

nice price too.

2021 V6 Manual Amarok - 245kw/750nm - many goodies
1997 EL Fairmont Ghia 4.0 - Heritage Green & Cappa
2010 Suzuki GSX650F - when I want to be silly

Posted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:22 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 36 images

Ride: Ronald Mcdonald Mobile

NSW, Australia

great another car with f**k bright lights on the road. these will only work properly behind a projector unit or a properly designed reflector suited to the HID globes.

Gooooone - Eb2 Coon - 143RWKW
Now - Mazda MX5 with HKS Supercharger 190RWKW
Crescent Motorsport Liverpool - 9600 6229

Posted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:37 pm 
Parts Gopher

NSW, Australia

what is wrong with brighter lights in a car we chase more power and bigger brakes to feed our performance monster and leather up interiors and paint up wild bodykits to give peoples eyes orgasms when they look at our car but as soon as someone wants better forwards illumination for safety for our selves and our loved one there is all ways someone to b**ch about it and as this is for my partners car and she is pregnant with our first child i can see it as a good investment. I'm sorry if this seams as if i'm over reacting but i feel safety is very important.

Posted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:53 pm 
Site Admin

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: AUII V8 LTD

Power: 270 rwkw

NSW, Australia

That's true.. but as Regie said, it's only purposeful behind a projector or reflector designed for HID's. Retrofitting high powered HID's into our falcons results in stray light shining into the eyes of oncoming motorists causing a far greater safety concern than the small gain you may receive for yourself.

Also there's the case of people fitting 8000K+ HID's which results in less useable light than the OEM halogen system, this is due to people not understanding the concept of colour temperature, mistaking it for 'brightness'.

Dont forget that our cars were all certified to be driven safely at night with the OEM lighting equipment - is risking the safety of other motorists worth changing your own lights?

WAG363: AUII LTD Supercharged 363 Dart Stroker [Supercharged 363 LTD Build]
WAGGIN: 2012 Volkswagen Passat Wagon - V6 4Motion.

Posted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:27 am 
Parts Gopher

NSW, Australia

ok that's something i did not know about the stray beams i was going to use the 4300K or the 6000K lights are the xr twinlights projector or reflector designs?

Posted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:49 am 
Site Admin

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: AUII V8 LTD

Power: 270 rwkw

NSW, Australia

ED/EF/EL XR use projectors and while they do prevent most stray beams from escaping they still aren't designed for the HID bulbs. I had 6500K high and low HID in my ED XR and found the light output to be quite poor, but hey - it looked blue'ish which was "cool" :)

WAG363: AUII LTD Supercharged 363 Dart Stroker [Supercharged 363 LTD Build]
WAGGIN: 2012 Volkswagen Passat Wagon - V6 4Motion.

Posted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:40 pm 
Parts Gopher

NSW, Australia

the 4300k and 6000k are suppose to be bright white but thank you for the information

Posted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:26 pm 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: EF Futura

VIC, Australia

Replacing the factory globes with a slightly whiter light globe from repco will increase the brightness for you without blinding oncoming traffic.

Plug straight in and away you go.

You'll notice better street sign illumination immediately and slightly better road visibility.

Post subject: Re: HID Bi-Xenon Lights H4 FULL KIT High AND Low beam 6000K
Posted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 5:06 pm 
Parts Gopher

VIC, Australia

Okay here's a few handy tips because I've put quite a few HIDs in mine and my mates falcons and I've learned a few things.
HIDs are great, they provide ALOT more usable light and if you adjust them a little bit more downwards than you would have your halogens you're not going to blind anyone too badly. Any SUV with factory HIDs causes alot more trouble for oncoming motorists than any car I know of with the lights adjusted properly.
They work great in XR lights, the light gets thrown around a bit too much in standard headlights but is still good.
Last but not least, Hi-Lo kits ARE f**k s**t DONT GET THEM.

They are an inherently s**t design and just don't get them, you'll thank me later. If you're too stubborn I'd be happy to swap my hi lo setup for a regular setup lol. You simply cannot just flick your lights during the day to warn other people or whatever, HIDs are useless for quick startups so all anyone is going to see is a slight blue tinge coming from your headlight and you're going to decrease the lifespan of your bulbs by igniting them quickly and repeatedly.

Also see that large metal cap covering half the globe, that is the thing that shifts oh so slightly forward to produce the 'hi beam' effect. All it does is barely change the angle of your light spread upwards and outwards. Also you have a large metal cap covering over 50 percent of the bulbs surface. What do you think that is going to do to your light output at all other times? Even when you flick the high beams its still in the way and wont be as bright as a single non Hi-Lo H4 bulb. I have my lights adjusted about as high as they'll possibly go and I still cant see very far into the distance at all with the high beams on, not nearly as far as I used to be able to with standard halogens in old yellowing headlights.

Due to the design of the bulb and the fact that the falcon headlight isnt designed for HIDs what basically happens is directly in front of you on the ground is really bright and well lit and the rest of the light gets barely thrown around everywhere else in a way that makes signs shine and reflect but with little to no visible actual light on them. This makes driving in the country or on the hume at night TERRIFYING because you cant see s**t. And because the light directly in front of your car is so bright, your eyes adjust to the brightness making everything else seem darker if you follow what I mean. Think about going outside in the full sun and then going indoors. Next time my mate is over I'll get a side by side comparison photo showing how much better his single one is to my Hi-Lo.

Go the HIDs for your standards and get some nice crystal white globes for your hi beams, it'll still look different but it'll blend much better than standard halogens and HIDs together.

Posted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:02 am 
Parts Gopher

NSW, Australia

Thanks for all the info guys i have solved my light problem by using some 4300K Phillips crystal clear headlight kit it comes with brighter parker globes, H4 globes and the H3 high beam globes there are no stray light beams the low beams are great i can see much further and clearer and when i flick the high beams on its like i have spot lights on my car the missus loves them she is so happy and now feels more secure in the fairmont than her commodore.

Posted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:25 am 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: BA XR6 N/A

NSW, Australia

just quietly i think anyone would feel more secure in a fairmont than any commodore

with or without lights....... :P

HOTKA'S XR
18 " King Wheels, Lowered King Springs,DBA Slotted Rotors, Grille, CIA
More to come....

Posted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:05 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 16 images

Ride: BA

VIC, Australia

moar liek crumbledore am i rite? LOL

Silver 2003 BA XT - 2 ported 12" Alpine type R subs, 5 by 7 Alpine type R rears, 5 and half inch Alpine splits up front, Alpine head unit.

Blue dome and footwell neons. Debadged and deaerialed. Custom front grill.

Wheels and lowering to come next, then exhaust.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 2  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next