Fordmods Logo

HID Install 

Page 2 of 2 [ 18 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Post subject: Re: HID Install
Posted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:31 am 
Stock as a Rock

NSW, Australia

phil545 wrote:
lol mate i would be heaps happy if my hids spread like your halogen reflector. I had so many dramas with mine, so glad i have gone back to halogen now though

The result MAD got with the hid projector is quite easy in the BA/BF style headlights because the mini H1 projectors bolt into the original H4/H7 globe mount with the only modification being a slight sanding of the 3 locating tabs to make sure the top pin is vertical so its an easy mod in a car with a clear lens to start with just not with the fluted lens lights in the EL

Attachments:
ba hid2.JPG
ba hid2.JPG [ 26.32 KiB | Viewed 222 times ]

Posted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:12 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

phil545 wrote:
lol mate i would be heaps happy if my hids spread like your halogen reflector. I had so many dramas with mine, so glad i have gone back to halogen now though
Neither of those pictures are from a halogen reflector. They are both projectors, just one is designed for HID and the other for halogen.

A HID kit in a halogen reflector will never look like either of those pictures, as you've discovered by the sounds of things.

Fitting a HID projector to a BA headlight can be relatively simple. You can buy kits to do it from here http://www.theretrofitsource.com. All you have to do is take th elens off by heating up the glue that holds it on, fit the kit, check your alignment, and put the lens back on.
This is basically the kit I have used. (http://www.theretrofitsource.com/produc ... cts_id=227)

StevenBruzz wrote:
Ik that they dnt spread even thats y i asked whats best sullotion todo it n its gli
I have already given you the best solution for a GLI. Stick with halogen bulbs, no HID kits.

EL Fairmont Ghia - Manual - Supercharged
- The Car
- The Headlights

Posted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:15 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 22 images

Ride: 2013 Ford Focus ST

Power: 175 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Thanks Mad, i see what you mean now. It still works pretty good in a halogen projector but obviously the hid projector is a nicer cut off. Yeah i think i tried about 10 different designs of H4 hid bulb. I got it ok in the end in regards that it wasnt blinding drivers, but they were so low to the ground they didnt shine very far at all and were pointless (looked good though :-)

Im rocking some narva plus 90s at the moment and while they are yellow at least they shoot alot further than my hids ever did.

Thanks for your info mate

I hate arriving at my destination as then I have to get out of my car!

New Build Thread
the-garage-f53/the-beast-v2-0-phil-s-2013-ford-focus-st-t122703.html

Old Build Thread
the-garage-f53/phil-s-bf-sr-gt-build-thread-lots-of-pics-t98705.html

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2