HOW TO DEBADGE TURBO BADGE AND COVER INTAKE TURBO SIGN 

Page 2 of 3 [ 31 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post subject: Re: HOW TO DEBADGE TURBO BADGE AND COVER INTAKE TURBO SIGN
Posted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:27 am 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: BA XR6 206RWKW ;)

VIC, Australia

its not 99% it wouldnt even be half, its just because we are car lovers and know many car lovers that we see everyone as a bad seed. because if this was the case, there would be no fully plated drivers in australia. i very much know my li,its and love to push them but i do to the track for that. i feel P platers are given such a bad wrap for a few bad seeds, but like with all things that drive to push it and look cool infront of there mate subsides with time, and age.

Posted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:14 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: FG MkII Xr6t Ute

QLD, Australia

I thought I already answered this, or maybe you made a second thread because I wasn't clear enough in the first by asking if you came with a built in brick wall.

Every time you get pulled over your plates get run and they know it is a turbo without even having to lift the bonnet.

I have even better news, your insurance most likely WON'T cover you....yes, they might give a policy over the car, but every time you drive it is an illegal activity.

95Fairmontghiav85.0L wrote:
its not 99% it wouldnt even be half, its just because we are car lovers and know many car lovers that we see everyone as a bad seed. because if this was the case, there would be no fully plated drivers in australia. i very much know my li,its and love to push them but i do to the track for that. i feel P platers are given such a bad wrap for a few bad seeds, but like with all things that drive to push it and look cool infront of there mate subsides with time, and age.

Seriously, wake up...your few bad seeds have enough accidents to make up for the rest of you, you only need to look at statistics to see that. Coupled with the fact that GENERALLY young drivers are more irresponsible it makes sense why there are restrictions on your cars. It is irrelevant how sensible the driver of this car is, you don't get individual laws and they are done to protect society from the general menaces that are P platers (joking, couldn't help that last line) :lol:

EVL098 wrote:
Cramping in the hand from having it on your Wang for an excessive period of time is a definate con.
Seriously do people google "f**k up modifications for Fords owned by Jews" and get linked straight to this site nowadays?

AU,factory fitted tickford kit/IRS, t5,Sports ryder/KYB: gone.

Posted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:26 pm 
Smokin em up

Ride: Ford EB GLI

VIC, Australia

f**k some of you make me laugh on here! All this s**t about its not legal so dont drive it? LOL.
Give him a brake,There are alot of P Plate drivers on here with Head work,Bigger cams,Tunes ect ect wich is NOT LEGAL for them to drive but i dont see anyone hanging s**t on them.

EBT-747 -

Posted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:31 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Subaru Liberty RX Wagon MY03

NSW, Australia

This isn't really directed at anyone in particular but, how hard is it to wait 3 short years to LEGALLY drive a turbo or a V8?

Current ride: MY03 Liberty RX Wagon
EBII S-XR6, Now 5 speed. Moved on to greener pastures...

Posted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:45 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: Ford EL Falcon

VIC, Australia

I drive a supercharged EL ghia and I'm on my P's. i drive pretty sensibly and keep my hooning to skidpans etc. In fact, i have basically never done a skid/burnout in this car. I love it too much.

Theres N/A cars out there which are quicker than some turbos and they dont get s**t. So leave the poor guy alone. Regardless of whether he's driving a matiz or a aston or anything inbetween, if he's going to write himself off, he'll do it regardless.

Back on topic, the rear badge will come up with a heatgun and some fishing wire. heat the badge up to soften the glue and then slice it off with the fishing wire. As apposed to the engine, if they pop yhour bonnet, you're fooked anyway, so don't bother with it.

Posted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:59 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: 2001 AU Ute

VIC, Australia

Depends on what state you live in as to what you can drive on P's... for example a WA P plater can drive whatever they want but can't drive between 12am - 6am.

Anyways... most cops don't know sweet fa, anyways. As long as you don't really give them a reason to look twice at you they won't run your rego.

Anyways, if you're serious about doing it there's a couple of ways you can go but any and all have a risk factor.
Personally, I'd take the turbo off for a bit, drive around and get some cop attention. Watch them run your rego, pop your hood and discover it's no longer got the turbo on it. Just act like you don't know sweet FA about it being a turbo.. guy you got it off must've taken it off or whatever.
Obviously you'll have to debadge it and everything.

Then once the piggies know you, put the gear back on and roll along.

Posted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:00 pm 
NSW Cruise Moderator

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: TE50

NSW, Australia

Hit the lettering on the cross over pipework with a hammer, just keep hitting until the letters dissapear. If it cracks, just use some tape and roofing screws, she'll be right.

I have a car.

Posted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:04 pm 
Smokin em up

Ride: Ford EB GLI

VIC, Australia

superhuS! wrote:
I drive a supercharged EL ghia and I'm on my P's. i drive pretty sensibly and keep my hooning to skidpans etc. In fact, i have basically never done a skid/burnout in this car. I love it too much.

Theres N/A cars out there which are quicker than some turbos and they dont get s**t. So leave the poor guy alone. Regardless of whether he's driving a matiz or a aston or anything inbetween, if he's going to write himself off, he'll do it regardless.

Back on topic, the rear badge will come up with a heatgun and some fishing wire. heat the badge up to soften the glue and then slice it off with the fishing wire. As apposed to the engine, if they pop yhour bonnet, you're fooked anyway, so don't bother with it.

This! ^

EBT-747 -

Posted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:23 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Subaru Liberty RX Wagon MY03

NSW, Australia

I will admit that the law isn't perfect and can be downright stupid. For example: you can drive a Honda S2000 but, you can't drive a '91 Honda City 1.3L turbo.

The point is that driving a so-called high performance vehicle on your P plates is against the law. I'm not saying that OP is a danger to other road users just because they are driving a turbo car. If you were caught running a red light, would they let you off because you say that you always do it safely? No, they would not.

Current ride: MY03 Liberty RX Wagon
EBII S-XR6, Now 5 speed. Moved on to greener pastures...

Posted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:27 pm 
NSW Cruise Moderator

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: TE50

NSW, Australia

evxr6 wrote:
I will admit that the law isn't perfect and can be downright stupid. For example: you can drive a Honda S2000 but, you can't drive a '91 Honda City 1.3L turbo.

The point is that driving a so-called high performance vehicle on your P plates is against the law. I'm not saying that OP is a danger to other road users just because they are driving a turbo car. If you were caught running a red light, would they let you off because you say that you always do it safely? No, they would not.

You can drive a Lotus Elise 111S on your P's!! Legally!!

I have a car.

Posted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:27 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EL xr6

VIC, Australia

lol i know him personaly -.-

EL xr6,standard a** au motor,hi-tech headers, 2 1/2inch red back,,Tikky kitted and wingless,Black GT-P's,on ultra lows and still too high

My Build: the-garage-f53/daniels-el-xr6-build-t100586.html

Posted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:34 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: 1991 Ford Fairmont Ghia

New Zealand

Every tony I have ever meet was a d**k head

I share your pain SWC

Build Thread - More of a mismatch of parts :P the-garage-f53/seftons-ea-t106586.html

Posted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:56 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 14 images

Ride: EF XR8

NSW, Australia

Duhan123 wrote:
revcore wrote:
Duhan123 wrote:
hi, i have a ba xr6 turbo and i need to debadge the turbo sign and just keep the xr6 badge because im a p plater, can anyone tell me a good way of doing this?

And also id like to know if there is anyway of covering or removing the part of the intake cover where it says turbo intercooled in silver, any way of removing eg grinding or covering, or even changing that part?

thanx in advance

Are you serious?....If the cops have a look under the bonnet they will know it's a turbo regardless if you remove the badging or not.

Are P platers even allowed to drive Turbo's?

The turbo is not visible it us on the underside of the engine

Mate, the intercooler piping will give it away. Be not of the idiot

Blue blooded.

Posted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:05 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: FG MkII Xr6t Ute

QLD, Australia

Michael (HYPOEB) wrote:
f**k some of you make me laugh on here! All this s**t about its not legal so dont drive it? LOL.
Give him a brake,There are alot of P Plate drivers on here with Head work,Bigger cams,Tunes ect ect wich is NOT LEGAL for them to drive but i dont see anyone hanging s**t on them.

I'm sure if you look up any thread on the subject you will find me hanging s**t on them. If people hadn't consistently done the wrong thing in the first place then there wouldn't be laws against it?

It is the same with modifications in general; if people hadn't done the wrong thing and didn't have turbo set ups with their s**t standard brakes and chinese tyres (as an example of which there are HEAPS), hadn't caused fatal accidents with poorly modified cars and hadn't broken restrictions placed upon them then the laws against P platers and modifying cars wouldn't be constantly getting stricter. Yes, some of it is politics, but you can't say they have pulled bull out of their a** in making them. The worst part is it then makes life hard on everyone who wants a legal modified car.

I love how so many people say they are car enthusiasts (not hoons) and do the right thing to justify why they should get to break the law without expecting to cop flack for it... I just hope the OP never gets in a serious accident, life would be pretty s**t to be another party made a paraplegic who then can't claim under his void insurance and have a $20,000 payment from the sale of his car to provide compensation for the rest of their life.... :|

EVL098 wrote:
Cramping in the hand from having it on your Wang for an excessive period of time is a definate con.
Seriously do people google "f**k up modifications for Fords owned by Jews" and get linked straight to this site nowadays?

AU,factory fitted tickford kit/IRS, t5,Sports ryder/KYB: gone.

Posted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:41 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA XR6

NSW, Australia

good luck getting cover in a insurance claim... they will laugh at you, leaving you in a pile of s**t.

BA XR6
Performance mods: typhoon + territory pipe with K&N filter, full exhaust, BPR generic tune, lowered, xr6t front brakes, territory rear brakes
Visual mods: 19" rim, lower grill mesh, oil pressure and vacuum gauges, engine bay lighting, foot well lights
some of my main mods

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 3  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next