Fordmods Logo

HOW TO DEBADGE TURBO BADGE AND COVER INTAKE TURBO SIGN 

Page 1 of 3 [ 31 posts ] Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post subject: HOW TO DEBADGE TURBO BADGE AND COVER INTAKE TURBO SIGN
Posted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:43 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: 94 ford fairmont ghia tickford

VIC, Australia

hi, i have a ba xr6 turbo and i need to debadge the turbo sign and just keep the xr6 badge because im a p plater, can anyone tell me a good way of doing this?

And also id like to know if there is anyway of covering or removing the part of the intake cover where it says turbo intercooled in silver, any way of removing eg grinding or covering, or even changing that part?

thanx in advance

Post subject: Re: HOW TO DEBADGE TURBO BADGE AND COVER INTAKE TURBO SIGN
Posted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:46 pm 
Getting Side Ways

/awaits flaming..

Why do you even have a f**k turbo?

EL Ghia

Posted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:49 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

VIC, Australia

Because they have always been my favourite cars and have so much potential

Posted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:42 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Ford

VIC, Australia

Duhan123 wrote:
hi, i have a ba xr6 turbo and i need to debadge the turbo sign and just keep the xr6 badge because im a p plater, can anyone tell me a good way of doing this?

And also id like to know if there is anyway of covering or removing the part of the intake cover where it says turbo intercooled in silver, any way of removing eg grinding or covering, or even changing that part?

thanx in advance

Are you serious?....If the cops have a look under the bonnet they will know it's a turbo regardless if you remove the badging or not.

Are P platers even allowed to drive Turbo's?

Posted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:44 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

VIC, Australia

revcore wrote:
Duhan123 wrote:

thanx in advance

Are you serious?....If the cops have a look under the bonnet they will know it's a turbo regardless if you remove the badging or not.

The turbo is not visible it us on the underside of the engine

Posted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:55 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: 5.0 AU's and 5.0 Maverick

Power: 139 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Duhan123 wrote:

thanx in advance

I was going to ask if you were a f**k idiot but you have proven the answer to that question yourself quite easily.
If you cant figure out how to do it yourself I suggest you turn to the Guru Tony Martin for assistance in your quest.

xr6turnip wrote:
More people paid for a ride in a VT commodore then an AU Falcon so the VT is superior.
Based on that fact my Mum is the best around!

Posted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:59 pm 

Ride: 93EB Fairmont / BA Falcon XR6T

NSW, Australia

Just a rego check will tell the cops the car is a turbo anyway. Not to mention the turbos exhaust sounds beefier than a standard xr6 just at idle. So dont bother f**k the engine crossover up cause the police arnt stupid.
Either way carry some vasso with you because you will need it when they pull you over. You should have waited until you can legally drive a turbo.

93 EB II Fairmon8 with 17' EL GT's / Clear indicators / H.I.Ds / Sports exhaust / Lowered 2' / K&N / XR6 ECU.
2004 BA MKI XR6T in Lightning Strike paint / K&N / XR8 bonnet / BF lights and a few tweaks.

Posted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:00 pm 
Getting Side Ways

revcore wrote:

No they are not.

I saw this thread and it instantly reminded me what was just on the news and in the paper 2 days ago. Some P plater in a BF XR6T lost control and ran into a family of 3 people killing the mother..

EL Ghia

Last edited by TyLeR3397 on Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:06 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Ford

VIC, Australia

Duhan123 wrote:

thanx in advance

If I were you I'd keep the car as it is with the badges intact and put it away until you are legally allowed to drive it. In the mean time buy a cheap car to get you around (Legally).

Posted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:44 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: EF Fairmont

NSW, Australia

Duhan123 wrote:

thanx in advance

Your not the brightest thing in the cabbage patch are you. f**k me, you make Tony Martin look like a genius.

As has been said, you can debadge all you like, with the number plate recognition system it will come up that your car is Turbo and you will be on P Plates.

Hope you have full insurance because when you have a prang and you will, they will wipe you straight away. And if you survive, which you probably will due to the bad luck in this world and kill the poor family that you hit, I hopw they slug you with every thing they can including manslaughter.

I thought I had seen some idiots in my time but you are up there with the best of them.

Posted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:55 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF XR6,

NSW, Australia

SWC wrote:
Your not the brightest thing in the cabbage patch are you. f**k me, you make Tony Martin look like a genius.

hey hey hey back up mate tony martin is a genius :lol:
hes about to get his absolute sexy xr ghia wagon in a car magazine, you have any idea how awsum that car is, it would have at least 50 more roofing screws on it than your car, not to mention that custom 2 tone paint and au rear bar which is held on by those awesom roofing screws, people would kill to be as much a genius as our mate tony :D

BF XR6
xr8 snorkel,typhoon lower snorkel,territory intake pipe,20% underdrive kit,pacemaker extractors,high flow cat,xforce exhaust,t56 conversion hd turbo clutch/ flywheel,m86 3.45 lsd,custom tune187.1rwkw as an auto

Posted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:58 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: EF Fairmont

NSW, Australia

Last time I bagged that little wanker the thread got locked and deleted.

Posted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:24 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EL xr6

VIC, Australia

hahaha duhan your a cracker mate!! should of kept the ghia.sell the bf all you are is cop bait mate.leave the turbo to the mature boys and get your self a standard ef or au ex taxi.that'll be enough power for you man.leave him boys his from broadmeadows he doesnt under stand why your giving him s**t.he'll get it when he makes the front page of the herald sun.

Cheers daniel

EL xr6,standard a** au motor,hi-tech headers, 2 1/2inch red back,,Tikky kitted and wingless,Black GT-P's,on ultra lows and still too high

My Build: the-garage-f53/daniels-el-xr6-build-t100586.html

Posted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:58 am 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: BA XR6 206RWKW ;)

VIC, Australia

hey chill the f**k out, non of you know what this guy is like, he is asking for advice not to be shat on. he could be a very sensible driver, my xr6 na is running 206RWKW and im a P plater and im also allowed to have a turbo or anything i want due to having a tassie licence, and i am a very sensible drive, not all to time but as with everyone i pick my time. so dont have a go at P platers the scariest drivers are old people whom got their licences off milk cartons for 1 cent. i do although agree with putting it away till you can legally drive it, they will f**k you up if you get caught with it, and they can deny your insurance because you cant legally drive it

Posted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:15 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF XR6,

NSW, Australia

95Fairmontghiav85.0L wrote:
hey chill the f**k out, non of you know what this guy is like, he is asking for advice not to be shat on. he could be a very sensible driver, my xr6 na is running 206RWKW and im a P plater and im also allowed to have a turbo or anything i want due to having a tassie licence, and i am a very sensible drive, not all to time but as with everyone i pick my time. so dont have a go at P platers the scariest drivers are old people whom got their licences off milk cartons for 1 cent. i do although agree with putting it away till you can legally drive it, they will f**k you up if you get caught with it, and they can deny your insurance because you cant legally drive it

99% of P platers dont think of driving sensible when they are handed the keys to a high performance car.
i know that if i got the keys to an xr6 turbo id have my fun, but i also know my limits, i like to play with throttle response but im not a dooche youl see coming around a corner full noise a** end swinging and smoke trailing off the tyres, or overtaking you at 200 km/h down the freeway, but that doesnt give me the right to go buy one and use it as my daily drive, people need to follow the rules wait until they can legally do something because the laws are their for a reason, by the time he will be legaly able to drive one its still going to be fun to drive but he wil have alot more experience and know hes limits.

BF XR6
xr8 snorkel,typhoon lower snorkel,territory intake pipe,20% underdrive kit,pacemaker extractors,high flow cat,xforce exhaust,t56 conversion hd turbo clutch/ flywheel,m86 3.45 lsd,custom tune187.1rwkw as an auto

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 3  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next