Fordmods Logo

Hub Adaptor illegal - NSW RTA 

Page 5 of 5 [ 67 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Posted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 10:56 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: Trik'd up EFII XR6

WA, Australia

In the end either u want non e-series offset rims you can either get the hub adaptors (would never advise getting spacers) and slap em on...risk the legalities...or spend the bit extra known there legal and safe and have em certified by an RTA approved engineer....or DONT get em simple as that.

For Sale: 25 Farad Rockford Fosgate Competition Series Carbon Cap, more to come - pm me if interested

Posted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 11:03 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF Fairmont

NSW, Australia

Personaly i'd just go for the e series offset on the rims as theres heaps of choises avalable and saves any confusion.

ef fairmont ghia 5.0L
classy cruiser

Posted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 11:10 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

revhead wrote:
Personaly i'd just go for the e series offset on the rims as theres heaps of choises avalable and saves any confusion.

tru altho the choices for pre au rims isnt quite the variety u would have as u would with bolt on multi fit adaptors....i still dont understand where the confusion come from...hubs/spacers what ever are unapproved and thus illegal to fit to a vehicle regardless of any factor UNLESS they are approved and certified by a registered engineer whom by has been deemed able to certify this particular mod by the RTA

this goes for all states and all vehicles - same as just about any modification to a vehicle that isnt stock or ADR approved already

For Sale: 25 Farad Rockford Fosgate Competition Series Carbon Cap, more to come - pm me if interested

Post subject: adaptors
Posted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 12:58 am 
Parts Gopher

Ride: Fairlane

NSW, Australia

If you are going to spend all that money on rims & tyres and adaptors, you must set aside money (400 to 600 or more) depending for an engineer. Also paint them black. That way if Mr Plod decides to get nasty, you can waive an engineers certificate at him. He will probably say "looks like you got a tail light out" and proceed to hit it with his baton.

As for Pre Au fitment wheels, sure there are some nice ones like BA/EL GT copies, AU XR copies etc but some people are doing up cars differently to others, the fairmont ghia and fairlane owners i've noticed are starting to put more chrome rims on and dumping them on their a** while some are going for the tickford sporty look with the badges and nice simmons or ROH wheels. All depends on what you want.

TEAM FAT RACING

TEAM LWB

Copyright (c) 2006 Landbarge Racing. FAIRLANE and COBRA are registered trademarks owned and licenced by Ford Motor Company.

Posted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 4:33 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Gallery: 14 images

Ride: NF Fairlane [BLUBEL]

VIC, Australia

Quote:
to top it off for you vic whinging anti-hub adapters mardi gras girls, my car got registered there when it was sold and the car went through the pits WITH the freakin hub adapaters on.. GUESS what.. it passed, fUNNY THat isnt it?

The Vic fordmods crew passed your car Pierre a few weeks ago on a crusie! Was looking very sweet! :D

I'll worry about hub adaptors being illegal if and when I get done for them.

Posted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:24 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF Fairmont

NSW, Australia

For f**k sake if you want to run hub adaptors then put them on. I got done cause I was drivin like a moron, paid the price and put them back on. either way get over it.

ef fairmont ghia 5.0L
classy cruiser

Posted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 1:05 am 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

revhead wrote:
For f**k sake if you want to run hub adaptors then put them on. I got done cause I was drivin like a moron, paid the price and put them back on. either way get over it.

exactly in the end if ya do get done like a bloody parking fine u go pay the damn thing put or borrow some stock rims take it over the pits then put em back on...in the end its your car, your money, your decision, your choice...and if it happens your consequences

Sort by  
 Page 5 of 5  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5