Fordmods Logo

Info on the subject of tail and head light tint. 

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Post subject: Info on the subject of tail and head light tint.
Posted: Sat May 18, 2013 10:40 pm 
Parts Gopher

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: Ford Falcon BF mkII ES

VIC, Australia

I put this topic under general falcon. I own a bf falcon, so the plastic lenses, but just for everyones benefit let us talk about both glass and plastic applications.

I'm just curious on the opinions of forum members about tail light and headlight tint, and the legality if the mod.

I was also wondering what products and procedures forum members have used or heard of, and the quality of the finished product. I've seen there are spray on products and a film type product like window tint, and on that note, has anyone used window tint on lights? And would window tint last in the weather?

Everyone's opinion will be heard :)

Post subject: Re: Info on the subject of tail and head light tint.
Posted: Sat May 18, 2013 11:06 pm 
Getting Side Ways

I believe in WA, you can have headlight tint/covers as long as the indicators aren't covered.. I don't know about taillights though

EL Ghia

Posted: Sun May 19, 2013 10:13 am 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: Ef wagon

VIC, Australia

It's illegal in vic but but some cars you can get smoked ones and they have to let out some % of light but you can get night shade in a can and you can spray it on do one coat let it dry sit in on the car if you want more do more cotes more the 3 or 4 will be BLACK or you can get tint off ebay and its a prick to use with the fronts if you still want them to be dose get light covers and tint them instead

Posted: Sun May 19, 2013 9:35 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EA SVO, AU2, Toyota Crown

VIC, Australia

years ago I had black as s**t tinted headlight covers on my XF. People couldn't see my front indicators (was early XF too, so no indicator repeater in the bar) and if I was heading home and it got dark i'd have to pull over, pop the bonnet, and remove them. Was a pain in the a***, and if a cop see's them, they'll pull you over (happened to me a few times).

My opinion it was a waste. Tail lights on the other hand, it alright, if it's tasteful. Not black as f**k so people can't see your brake lights. And if they are and someone runs up your a***. Your insurance will be void.

Daily driver: 2010 Toyota Crown hybrid 3.5L V6 hybrid. 254kw.
Weekend car: AU2 "XR8" 220kw 5L 5 speed. 19" BBS LM . Full exhaust. Lowered on Kings and Koni's. 13.8@97mph
Fast car: EA SVO AU motor. Built BTR. SDE 3500 stall. 76mm turbo. On E85. approx 425rwkw. 10.8@126mph

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]