Fordmods Logo

inverted ef/el xr bonnet vents??? 

 

Page 1 of 2 [ 16 posts ] Go to page 1, 2  Next

 
 Post subject: inverted ef/el xr bonnet vents???
Posted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 2:46 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 32

Posts: 740

Joined: 10th Nov 2004

Location: sale
VIC, Australia

hey guys just wondering where you can get the inverted ef/el xr bonnet vents (its sticks up like a scoop) from i know they where sold on this site a while back but i cant find a link anymore any help would be great thanks
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 3:36 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 31

Posts: 3893

Joined: 15th Nov 2004

Gallery: 24 images

Ride: BF MKII V8 Fairmont Ghia

Location: Perth
WA, Australia

sorry to but in...

but are their any legalities with fitting bonnet vents (such as copys of the ef xr ones) to a fairmont say? and how hard is it to do?

 

_________________

2007 Steel BF Ghia MKII V8 - 19" GTP's + Superlows

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 9:50 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 31

Posts: 11103

Joined: 15th Nov 2004

Ride: AU III XR8 Pursuit 250 ute

Location: Hobart
TAS, Australia

Gaz wrote:
sorry to but in...

but are their any legalities with fitting bonnet vents (such as copys of the ef xr ones) to a fairmont say? and how hard is it to do?


If it's just the stick on ones then no shouldn't be any problems. If it's the genuine ones when you have to cut out, a cop might claim the bonnet is structe integrity or something and require an engineers certificate if there being a C***. But they shouoldn't as XR6's came otu with them and that. there's also rules about the bonnet, e.g. you can fit some massively tall vents that block off your vision and that

i think there's a guy on Fordforums.com or FordForums.com.au that sells the sesquential scoops.

 

_________________

Heaps of performance EF/L parts for sale, including supercharged VCT motor!

2002 Ford AU Series III Falcon XR8 Pursuit 250 ute - 5.6L of V8 Windsor!

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 11:10 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 43

Posts: 568

Joined: 15th Jan 2005

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: EF GLi (V8)

Location: Sale
VIC, Australia

I picked up a set of the XR8 ones a while back, but from what I see I can't put them into my stock GLi bonnet, the XR bunnets look like they have a recess that the vents drop into, not just a hole cut out :(

 

_________________

former FORD V8 owner :(
MAY THE FORDS BE WITH YOU

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 1:58 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 32

Posts: 2833

Joined: 7th Nov 2004

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: Lincoln LS, MKII Escort, ED

Location: geelong
VIC, Australia

thats the way they are supposed to be fitted, but a lot of cars with them fitted (non original) just have a hole cut in the bonnet,

The cop wouldnt get very far with the bonnet being of structural importance bit..

 

_________________

Because i can.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: inverted ef/el xr bonnet vents???
Posted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 2:12 pm 
Site Admin
Offline
User avatar

Age: 34

Posts: 8831

Joined: 18th Dec 2002

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: AUII V8 LTD

Power: 270 rwkw

Location: Sydney
NSW, Australia

shoey50 wrote:
hey guys just wondering where you can get the inverted ef/el xr bonnet vents (its sticks up like a scoop) from i know they where sold on this site a while back but i cant find a link anymore any help would be great thanks


Hi,

Sounds like you're after the Sequential Scoop. Im not sure if theyre still being produced, might just have to keep an eye open for one being sold 2nd hand :)

 

_________________

WAG363: AUII LTD Supercharged 363 Dart Stroker [Supercharged 363 LTD Build]
WAGGIN: 2012 Volkswagen Passat Wagon - V6 4Motion.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 5:29 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 32

Posts: 740

Joined: 10th Nov 2004

Location: sale
VIC, Australia

yeah the sequential scoops sorry thats not good if they arnt being produced anymore anyone wanna sell one then :P
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 6:23 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 43

Posts: 568

Joined: 15th Jan 2005

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: EF GLi (V8)

Location: Sale
VIC, Australia

JOSE wrote:
thats the way they are supposed to be fitted, but a lot of cars with them fitted (non original) just have a hole cut in the bonnet,

The cop wouldnt get very far with the bonnet being of structural importance bit..


wouldn't it look messy, and how can they be anchored in, from what i've seen the XR bonnets have like a pressed recess and the vent sits in that and is bolted through, I haven't been able to see the underside of a bonnet to confirm exaclty how they are anchored though, so it's a guess, can someone take a photo of there XR bonnet to show.

these are mine, I may be selling them, unless anybody can give me a simple way to install and look neat on a stock GLi bonnet.
Image

 

_________________

former FORD V8 owner :(
MAY THE FORDS BE WITH YOU

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 6:28 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 31

Posts: 3772

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Gallery: 33 images

Ride: EL Fairmont Ghia

Location: Hobart
TAS, Australia

znipa-x wrote:
JOSE wrote:
thats the way they are supposed to be fitted, but a lot of cars with them fitted (non original) just have a hole cut in the bonnet,

The cop wouldnt get very far with the bonnet being of structural importance bit..


wouldn't it look messy, and how can they be anchored in, from what i've seen the XR bonnets have like a pressed recess and the vent sits in that and is bolted through, I haven't been able to see the underside of a bonnet to confirm exaclty how they are anchored though, so it's a guess, can someone take a photo of there XR bonnet to show.

these are mine, I may be selling them, unless anybody can give me a simple way to install and look neat on a stock GLi bonnet.
Image


how much u want for em :P
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 11:29 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 32

Posts: 740

Joined: 10th Nov 2004

Location: sale
VIC, Australia

thats another good question can they be put on gli bonnets?? i guess no one can located them either?
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 12:18 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 2772

Joined: 27th Jan 2005

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: BOXCAR (Not some sorry ass EF/EL

Location: Mackay, Far North New South Wales.
QLD, Australia

Rapier wrote:
znipa-x wrote:
JOSE wrote:
thats the way they are supposed to be fitted, but a lot of cars with them fitted (non original) just have a hole cut in the bonnet,

The cop wouldnt get very far with the bonnet being of structural importance bit..


wouldn't it look messy, and how can they be anchored in, from what i've seen the XR bonnets have like a pressed recess and the vent sits in that and is bolted through, I haven't been able to see the underside of a bonnet to confirm exaclty how they are anchored though, so it's a guess, can someone take a photo of there XR bonnet to show.

these are mine, I may be selling them, unless anybody can give me a simple way to install and look neat on a stock GLi bonnet.
Image


how much u want for em :P
Ive got a set of them I wouldnt mind parting with. PM me if znipa doesnt want to sell his.

 

_________________

The artist formerly known as seton005 (and allegedly The_Murph).

When I was growing up, we were so poor we could'nt even afford to pay attention.

Image

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 12:23 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 32

Posts: 740

Joined: 10th Nov 2004

Location: sale
VIC, Australia

how much?
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 12:38 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 31

Posts: 3772

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Gallery: 33 images

Ride: EL Fairmont Ghia

Location: Hobart
TAS, Australia

seton005 wrote:
Rapier wrote:
znipa-x wrote:
JOSE wrote:
thats the way they are supposed to be fitted, but a lot of cars with them fitted (non original) just have a hole cut in the bonnet,

The cop wouldnt get very far with the bonnet being of structural importance bit..


wouldn't it look messy, and how can they be anchored in, from what i've seen the XR bonnets have like a pressed recess and the vent sits in that and is bolted through, I haven't been able to see the underside of a bonnet to confirm exaclty how they are anchored though, so it's a guess, can someone take a photo of there XR bonnet to show.

these are mine, I may be selling them, unless anybody can give me a simple way to install and look neat on a stock GLi bonnet.
Image


how much u want for em :P
Ive got a set of them I wouldnt mind parting with. PM me if znipa doesnt want to sell his.


do either of you have the inners as well or are they just the vents?
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 5:10 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 43

Posts: 568

Joined: 15th Jan 2005

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: EF GLi (V8)

Location: Sale
VIC, Australia

Rapier wrote:
do either of you have the inners as well or are they just the vents?


mine are sitting in the inners in the photo

 

_________________

former FORD V8 owner :(
MAY THE FORDS BE WITH YOU

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 5:19 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 31

Posts: 3772

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Gallery: 33 images

Ride: EL Fairmont Ghia

Location: Hobart
TAS, Australia

znipa-x wrote:
Rapier wrote:
do either of you have the inners as well or are they just the vents?


mine are sitting in the inners in the photo


ah right if your gonna sell them how much you want for them??
Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
 Page 1 of 2  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

 

 

It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:56 pm All times are UTC + 11 hours

 

 

(c)2014 Total Web Solutions Australia - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names