Fordmods Logo

Is it a write off?? 

 

Page 2 of 3 [ 45 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

 
 Post subject: Re: Is it a write off??
Posted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:12 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 35

Posts: 963

Joined: 14th Jul 2007

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: AU fairmont ghia

Location: Back in
ACT, Australia

Well the sills look to be ok, it looks to be repairable but its up to insurance, by the amount of folded metal it won't be cheap

 

_________________

AU FAIRMONT GHIA: 5.0 Dealer ordered SVO mods ( seeking clarification ATM), tickford suspension.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Is it a write off??
Posted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:15 pm 
Fordmods Newbie
Offline

Age: 21

Posts: 9

Joined: 9th Jul 2012

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: Ford Falcon AU Series I

Location: Glenorchy
TAS, Australia

some idiot is born every two hours, sucks that you got the one that's driving. :(

wreck or bust in NSW. tas, however, if its not a statutory writer, its fixable. so guess its a sad sad day.

sorry man!

 

_________________

SIGNATURE REMOVED READ THE GUIDLINES. guidelines.php

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Is it a write off??
Posted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:15 pm 
Technical Contributor
Offline

Age: 60

Posts: 6817

Joined: 22nd Jun 2005

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: EF Fairmont

Location: Campbelltown
NSW, Australia

EFNA wrote:
Well the sills look to be ok, it looks to be repairable but its up to insurance, by the amount of folded metal it won't be cheap


Problem being is getting panels for it. XH is different from EF/EL panels.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Is it a write off??
Posted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:16 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Posts: 790

Joined: 18th Mar 2005

Gallery: 4 images

Location: Adelaide
SA, Australia

I'd agree that it could be fixed but also agree that insurance will call it a write off...unfortunately the red book is probably going to be very low - you can buy these for a few grand or XF's under a grand (look on gumtree) - I'd be inclined to buy it back from insurers but then look around for a good one (maybe cheaper with stuffed engine etc) and build it up with your good stuff.

I got caught out like this a few years ago - had an XW ute done up like a GT that I paid around 5k for, it was written off and the insurers put the write off price as $900 .. when I complained and said about the GT running gear they said red book price is based on a basic 6 cyl 3 on the tree ute - they didn't care about options or features a particular car had. I sought legal advice and was told `thats just how things are' , don't take em to court, they can always throw more money at lawyers than you can....

 

_________________

351 4V XB Coupe running LPG

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Is it a write off??
Posted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:25 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 35

Posts: 963

Joined: 14th Jul 2007

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: AU fairmont ghia

Location: Back in
ACT, Australia

Yeah but market price for my car is 5k and good luck finding one for even close to the price, If it's a write off I might look at getting a newer ute and parting this thing out

 

_________________

AU FAIRMONT GHIA: 5.0 Dealer ordered SVO mods ( seeking clarification ATM), tickford suspension.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Is it a write off??
Posted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 6:09 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 35

Posts: 963

Joined: 14th Jul 2007

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: AU fairmont ghia

Location: Back in
ACT, Australia

SWC wrote:
EFNA wrote:
Well the sills look to be ok, it looks to be repairable but its up to insurance, by the amount of folded metal it won't be cheap


Problem being is getting panels for it. XH is different from EF/EL panels.


There's a wreckers a hour from here that's sitting on 5 good xh utes

 

_________________

AU FAIRMONT GHIA: 5.0 Dealer ordered SVO mods ( seeking clarification ATM), tickford suspension.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Is it a write off??
Posted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 6:18 pm 
Moderator
Offline

Posts: 14513

Joined: 7th Nov 2004

Ride: ford falcon au3 xr8

Location: a shit suburb in sydney
NSW, Australia

EFNA wrote:
SWC wrote:
EFNA wrote:
Well the sills look to be ok, it looks to be repairable but its up to insurance, by the amount of folded metal it won't be cheap


Problem being is getting panels for it. XH is different from EF/EL panels.


There's a wreckers a hour from here that's sitting on 5 good xh utes


well if you can get the parts its your call, it will still cost up to 2g to buy parts and get them painted to a point where your happy with the car..

imo, claim on your insurance and move on, the insurance will pay you and chase the other guy for their money.
then buy a later/better model ute..
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Is it a write off??
Posted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 6:25 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 35

Posts: 963

Joined: 14th Jul 2007

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: AU fairmont ghia

Location: Back in
ACT, Australia

Well have to see what accessor says first

 

_________________

AU FAIRMONT GHIA: 5.0 Dealer ordered SVO mods ( seeking clarification ATM), tickford suspension.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Is it a write off??
Posted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:01 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 34

Posts: 1166

Joined: 31st Mar 2005

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: ef falcon, el fairmont ghia

Location: Christchurch
New Zealand

did the drunk do a runner or ya know who it was? there car must be a mess.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Is it a write off??
Posted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:36 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 35

Posts: 963

Joined: 14th Jul 2007

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: AU fairmont ghia

Location: Back in
ACT, Australia

Yeah he did a runner but was followed by witnesses and they got his plates, I didn't see anything I was in side at the time

 

_________________

AU FAIRMONT GHIA: 5.0 Dealer ordered SVO mods ( seeking clarification ATM), tickford suspension.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Is it a write off??
Posted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:49 pm 
Technical Contributor
Offline
User avatar

Age: 38

Posts: 4093

Joined: 20th Mar 2005

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: 2.0 Turbo VW

Power: 142 rwkw

Location: Seaford State:
VIC, Australia

Total Loss and Write off are 2 different things.
I would say its a total loss, or a repairable write off.

meaning the repair is greater than the cost of the replacment vehicle.

It seems to me insurance companies are calling 'total loss' at around 60% of the redbook price. or they just see a car older than a 2005 model and then it gets thrown in the to hard basket.

 

_________________

Carefree, we may not be number one, but we're up there.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Is it a write off??
Posted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:59 pm 
Moderator
Offline

Posts: 14513

Joined: 7th Nov 2004

Ride: ford falcon au3 xr8

Location: a shit suburb in sydney
NSW, Australia

Krytox wrote:
Total Loss and Write off are 2 different things.
I would say its a total loss, or a repairable write off.

meaning the repair is greater than the cost of the replacment vehicle.

It seems to me insurance companies are calling 'total loss' at around 60% of the redbook price. or they just see a car older than a 2005 model and then it gets thrown in the to hard basket.


the only set back is, in nsw there is no more repairable write offs allowed, so once its written off either by damage or costs, they wont allow it to be re regestered ever again..
unless its a limited build car that can be recognised by the manurfacturer and rta as a special limited edition, eg.. gt or t series ect...
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Is it a write off??
Posted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:23 pm 
Technical Contributor
Offline
User avatar

Age: 38

Posts: 4093

Joined: 20th Mar 2005

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: 2.0 Turbo VW

Power: 142 rwkw

Location: Seaford State:
VIC, Australia

So nothing good comes out of NSW? - govt wise.
Repair shops NEED repairable cars, economy is based on rainy days, accidents and robberys.

That's just crap.

So its only a matter of time and there will be only a handfull of large companies and 80% unemployed.

 

_________________

Carefree, we may not be number one, but we're up there.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Is it a write off??
Posted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:30 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 41

Posts: 4629

Joined: 23rd Nov 2006

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: 5.0 AU's and 5.0 Maverick

Power: 139 rwkw

Location: Sydney West
NSW, Australia

TROYMAN wrote:
Krytox wrote:
Total Loss and Write off are 2 different things.
I would say its a total loss, or a repairable write off.

meaning the repair is greater than the cost of the replacment vehicle.

It seems to me insurance companies are calling 'total loss' at around 60% of the redbook price. or they just see a car older than a 2005 model and then it gets thrown in the to hard basket.


the only set back is, in nsw there is no more repairable write offs allowed, so once its written off either by damage or costs, they wont allow it to be re regestered ever again..
unless its a limited build car that can be recognised by the manurfacturer and rta as a special limited edition, eg.. gt or t series ect...


Correct a mondo. If it isnt recognised as a limited run vehicle but you have owned it for more then 5 years and you can come up with a bloody good reason why it should be allowed to be rebuilt it might happen.
If the worst happened I might be able to get the Mav over the line now as far as a rebuild goes.
But yep the new rules are stupid.

 

_________________

xr6turnip wrote:
More people paid for a ride in a VT commodore then an AU Falcon so the VT is superior.
Based on that fact my Mum is the best around!

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Is it a write off??
Posted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:01 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 35

Posts: 4285

Joined: 8th Dec 2004

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: EB2 Ghia,Mighty Boy,Eb1 Xr8 5spd

Location: ** In the Shed! **
VIC, Australia

Krytox wrote:
So nothing good comes out of NSW? - govt wise.
Repair shops NEED repairable cars, economy is based on rainy days, accidents and robberys.

That's just crap.

So its only a matter of time and there will be only a handfull of large companies and 80% unemployed.


Sums up America nicely lol.

I didn't notice the OP is in NSW, sorry dude, if they deem it not economical to repair your stuffed. Not to mention the VIN is recorded so it can't be taken interstate & fixed, then sold.

I wonder how much longer the auto wreckers & the repairers will be able to last before massive lay off's occur in NSW?

Cheers

ToranaGuy

 

_________________

I am the ToranaGuy!|74 Lh Torana Turbo|78 Hz PanelVan|86 Mighty Boy Ute|93 EB2 Ghia,GT Mockup,5spd,LPGI,Full Leather|2 x EB Xr8 5spd's|FS [VIC]: Wrecking - Eb XR8 - Parts available |Build Thread|Ebay Items - Ford Parts|

Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
 Page 2 of 3  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

 

 

It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:47 pm All times are UTC + 11 hours

 

 

(c)2014 Total Web Solutions Australia - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names