Fordmods Logo

ive finished doing up my spoiler now for the legalities 

Page 2 of 2 [ 18 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Posted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 6:29 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: 06/10 FG XR6 Sedan

SA, Australia

strackie51 wrote:
thankyou .. not long got off phone with modifications and said it was a federal office of road safety do stipulate that the back window light must be not working if the spoiler had leds .. apparently due to glare from the top of the spoiler and dazzling other drivers ... i would have thought the more brake lights the better .. but i thankyou very much for your reply ..

First of all, there is no such thing as Federal Road Laws. Therefore, you are not committing a Federal Offence. The Federal Government have no power over road laws, that section of law in controlled by the individual states. However, the Australian Road Rules Act is a set of guideline rules made by the Federal Government and it is upto the States to incorporate them into their own Road Laws.

So in SA, we do have the Australian Road Rules Act 1999, however that law is incorporated within the Road Traffic Act of 1961.

I have seen cars with both lights working.

TBH, I dont think the police will be too concerned with it, they are more concerned with Blue LED lights in washer units, parkers other defects.

I suppose to be on the safe side, disconnect the parcel shelf light.

Tom

My band: www.myspace.com/hybridillusion

Posted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:20 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: g6e 2009

WA, Australia

if i remember correctly, on a ba which comes with the spoiler from the factory (xr or such) the brake light in the rear window is there but will not have a globe. if you bought a ba with both lights working brand new, the spoiler was fitted after leaving the factory. my xt has both lights working as the spoiler was fitted upon my purchase when the car was second hand. just found my ba handbook and it states, "there is no bulb fitted to the interior high mounted stop lamp when the vehicle has been fitted with a spoiler mounted stop lamp." might also be in other handbooks to im unsure. maybe thats ford complying with traffic laws, but mind you ive never been pulled up for having both my spoiler and high mount brake lights working.

Posted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 5:56 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: BA XR6

NSW, Australia

phatba wrote:
if i remember correctly, on a ba which comes with the spoiler from the factory (xr or such) the brake light in the rear window is there but will not have a globe. if you bought a ba with both lights working brand new, the spoiler was fitted after leaving the factory. my xt has both lights working as the spoiler was fitted upon my purchase when the car was second hand. just found my ba handbook and it states, "there is no bulb fitted to the interior high mounted stop lamp when the vehicle has been fitted with a spoiler mounted stop lamp." might also be in other handbooks to im unsure. maybe thats ford complying with traffic laws, but mind you ive never been pulled up for having both my spoiler and high mount brake lights working.
spot on my xr6 ba falcon has both and the one on the parcel shelf has no bulb.

Go The Mighty Falcon.

2004 BA XR6 FORD FALCON
COLD AIR INTAKE, FLASH TUNER, 2 1/2 PERFORMANCE EXHAUST, JOHN BOWE SIGNATURE SERIES BILLLET THROTTLE BODIE, REFLECTIVE TINT, CLARION 5X7 WITH INBUILT CAPACITOR,NOW WITH FUSION ENCOUNTER 10 IN SUB+AMP, RED SMOOTH CALIPERS, BUT STILL ONE NUTS DRIVER.

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2