Fordmods Logo

just got my car painted. 

Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

Post subject: just got my car painted.
Posted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 8:54 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EB SXR6 | ED XR8 Sprint

NSW, Australia

after getting my car keyed i just got it back from the panel beaters, the insurance company wouldnt paint the bars or roof as they weren't damaged, but i made a deal with the panel beater and got the whole car sprayed, i got him to take the rear spoiler off and get rid of the boot lock and badges (all welded up) i also changed the door moulds. i had a choice of adding a gold pearl or extra metalic to the paint but i decided to keep it stock heritage green in case there will be any future repairs/ accident damage.

i am real happy with the outcome, these piks dont do it justice its sooo shiny and straight! its amazing how nice fresh heritage green looks, its quite metalic actually, all the cracks in the kit are gone, and most importantly no more scratches! all i need now is some new wheels and lower it a bit more plus some new dark window tints... taking the spoiler off made it look alot 'fatter' from the back, i am contemplating getting the tickford wing though, not sure yet... he did an awesome job of getting rid of the spoiler holes, no waves or signs what so ever!

i threw in some piks of when i first got it too.

enjoy.

Attachments:
2228398.jpg
2228398.jpg [ 32.56 KiB | Viewed 152 times ]
4.jpg
4.jpg [ 181.55 KiB | Viewed 233 times ]
2.jpg
2.jpg [ 126.41 KiB | Viewed 162 times ]
1.jpg
1.jpg [ 273.1 KiB | Viewed 149 times ]
Image126.jpg
Image126.jpg [ 172.25 KiB | Viewed 190 times ]

EB SXR6. ED XR8 Sprint.

Posted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 9:20 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: BF XR6, BF XT Wagon

Power: 197 rwkw

WA, Australia

Damn that looks sweet.
Maybe when I'm finished modifying my XR8 so I don't have to take it to workshops I'll get my Heritage Green resprayed.

Damn that looks sweet.

EL XR8
Timmeh banned himself from being a moderator.

Posted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 9:38 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: EF Fairmont

VIC, Australia

ahhh looks nice man!!! make sure you really look after it in the next month and then wax the s**t outta it!!!

Posted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 9:39 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: EF Fairmont

VIC, Australia

and also i see you changed ur moulds to ghia ones? where and how much did u get them?

Posted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 9:54 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

thanks for the comments, i looked every where for the side moulds, i bought nf ones with out the chrome, cause i couldnt find ones with chrome, then i rocked up at a wreckers in blacktown and found these ones, got them for $100 off an el fairmont, chrome was rubish i put new crome moulds in them, and the moulds on the bumper bars are standard el ones that i also got from wreckers (i like the round edge as apposed to ef ones) and i just put chrome pinstriiping over the top, they look 100% like the original ones even up close. i cant justify paying $70 for the clear side repeaters or the nl ones witht he moulds, i know they look awesome but $70 for two peices of plastic... maybe one day...

Attachments:
Image133.jpg
Image133.jpg [ 185.31 KiB | Viewed 152 times ]

EB SXR6. ED XR8 Sprint.

Posted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 10:26 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 28 images

Ride: NCII Fairlane + G220

Power: 143 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Aahh! Nothing like a freshly painted car. Makes you almost wanna thank the guy that keyed it Eh! "almost" :lol: Top job mate. Looks very nice! :D

E-Series Fairlane/LTD? forums/post746329.html#746329
Mick's Garage forums/viewtopic.php?t=65504

Posted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 5:24 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

QLD, Australia

ahh i think i messed my pants a little.... looks sweet

if the bar aint bendin your just pretendin

Posted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 9:07 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: BA & EF XR6

NSW, Australia

thats one nice monty you must be wrapped

The dichotomy between atrophy and hypertrophy. If you're not growing, you're decaying. Get busy living, or get busy dying!

Posted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 8:26 am 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: EB S2 XR8 5 SPD

SA, Australia

That looks sweet... the subtle modifications add to a fine package...
Keep up the good work ! 8-)

BEN

Posted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 9:27 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

im still p****d it got keyed but yeah fresh paint is awesome! i thought the paint was good before too. i actually spent $180 on getting it buffed waxed and polished about 2 months before hand.

im a big beleiver of 'less is more' so i think ill keep it this way, i have ghia badges for the side guards, the ones off the bf ghia, its the actual lettering, not sure if i will put them on or not.

one thing im not happy about it the mouldings around the windows are fitted real bad, they dont sit square around the window, might take them off and re fit them.

EB SXR6. ED XR8 Sprint.

Posted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 8:06 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: Super pursuit

VIC, Australia

BOSXR8 wrote:
thanks for the comments, i looked every where for the side moulds, i bought nf ones with out the chrome, cause i couldnt find ones with chrome, then i rocked up at a wreckers in blacktown and found these ones, got them for $100 off an el fairmont, chrome was rubish i put new crome moulds in them, and the moulds on the bumper bars are standard el ones that i also got from wreckers (i like the round edge as apposed to ef ones) and i just put chrome pinstriiping over the top, they look 100% like the original ones even up close. i cant justify paying $70 for the clear side repeaters or the nl ones witht he moulds, i know they look awesome but $70 for two peices of plastic... maybe one day...
hey man mint looking car 8-) 8-) just a quick question how much was it for all the new chrome in the moulds?

Super Pursuit

Last edited by jet ute on Sun Feb 24, 2008 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 8:06 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: Super pursuit

VIC, Australia

BOSXR8 wrote:
hey man mint looking car 8-) 8-) just a quick question how much was it for all the new chrome in the moulds?

Super Pursuit

Posted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 8:36 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 23 images

Ride: XR6 Turbo

NSW, Australia

looks smiko!

SS Inductions CAI, K&N Filters, M-spec FMC, Turbosmart BOV, 8psi capa tune, X-force cat.

Mods going on: Nizpro springs, bosch 040 pump + Walbro gss341, 600cc injectors, PWR transcooler, 20% Underdrives, 15psi Actuator, Kingspring SSL's, 15psi tune.....More coming

Posted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 3:21 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 34 images

Ride: BF MK11 XR 6 TURBO ZF 6spd

Power: 225 rwkw

NSW, Australia

chrome pinstriping on a dark coloured car = WINNER!! 8-) two thumbs up... looks great... 8-)

Posted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:07 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: EAII Ghia & AUII Fairmont

VIC, Australia

That looks mint!

Really makes me want to get mine resprayed after it was also keyed. Damn vandals

1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia
Platinum Silver - 5 speed

EL engine, BBM, SVO wheels, Sprint kit, Scorcher front bar, XR lip, EF handles, mirrors & fuel flap, 2.5" exhaust, pacemaker extractors and high flow cat, serpentine conversion, AU rocker cover, heaps more

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 15 posts ]