Fordmods Logo

Key Plug's???? 

 

Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ] Go to page 1, 2  Next

 
 Post subject: Key Plug's????
Posted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 9:43 pm 
Parts Gopher
Offline

Age: 32

Posts: 92

Joined: 9th Nov 2004

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: EL Fairmont

Location: Perth
WA, Australia

Hey i got a EL Fairmont and my drivers door key barrel just got a screw driver shuved in it and i was wondering if there are any plugs on the market so you can make it like keyless entry????
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 10:01 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 36

Posts: 3794

Joined: 9th Aug 2005

Ride: Hilux

Location: Mornington
VIC, Australia

not that i know of. maybe some how put a rear door hande on it? not sure if it would fit good though

 

_________________

Now driving a Hilux

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 10:04 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 31

Posts: 896

Joined: 3rd May 2005

Gallery: 18 images

Ride: Blueprint EB II Fairmont 5L

Location: Wanneroo
WA, Australia

nah....rear door handles are a bit shorter than the front as they have the extra room where the key hole is.....just disconnect / remove the rod that goes from the key hole to the lock....then if someone tries to break in the lock will just spin freely rather than unlock the door....
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 11:26 pm 
ACT Cruise Moderator
Offline
User avatar

Age: 36

Posts: 6275

Joined: 24th Nov 2004

Ride: '06 BF GT-P

Power: 293 rwkw

Location: Canberra
ACT, Australia

Fill with putty and paint.

Just hope your car doesn't then forget your keyfob.

 

_________________

1998 DL LTD in Sparkling Burgundy, daily, 302W, stereo, slow - 97.5rwkw
2006 BF GT-P in Ego, mods. 293rwkw - 12.427@109 - 0-1000m 24.838@221

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Hmm
Posted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 11:28 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 38

Posts: 1938

Joined: 10th Nov 2004

Gallery: 31 images

Ride: G6E TURBO

Location: THE DRUITT
NSW, Australia

well that happend to the EF on the left side so I replaced it with a EL door handle but the drivers side well FIIK(short for f**k if i know)

 

_________________

MEMBER 1390

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 11:30 pm 
Fordmods Junkie
Offline
User avatar

Age: 38

Posts: 1000491

Joined: 6th Nov 2004

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: AUXR6 HP With Ducati SupA Bike!

Location: Perth
WA, Australia

Leroy wrote:
not that i know of. maybe some how put a rear door hande on it? not sure if it would fit good though


did that on my au works a treat!

just cant let the keyfob battery get flat

 

_________________

RIP SCOTT

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 1:21 am 
Parts Gopher
Offline

Age: 32

Posts: 92

Joined: 9th Nov 2004

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: EL Fairmont

Location: Perth
WA, Australia

hey might sound like a bit of an idiot but what is a keyfob.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 1:21 am 
Parts Gopher
Offline

Age: 32

Posts: 92

Joined: 9th Nov 2004

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: EL Fairmont

Location: Perth
WA, Australia

oh i get it soz about that.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 1:37 am 
Parts Gopher
Offline
User avatar

Age: 46

Posts: 87

Joined: 12th Nov 2004

Gallery: 5 images

Location: Perth
WA, Australia

It would be very easy to make a little plastic plug yourself man
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 1:53 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 31

Posts: 11103

Joined: 15th Nov 2004

Ride: AU III XR8 Pursuit 250 ute

Location: Hobart
TAS, Australia

mongrelmadness wrote:
hey might sound like a bit of an idiot but what is a keyfob.


i think it's the button pad for the remote locking.

 

_________________

Heaps of performance EF/L parts for sale, including supercharged VCT motor!

2002 Ford AU Series III Falcon XR8 Pursuit 250 ute - 5.6L of V8 Windsor!

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 2:47 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 32

Posts: 972

Joined: 6th Feb 2005

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: XHII pano, Landau

Location: S.E Subs
VIC, Australia

what about filling it with paintable sikaflex? then smoothing it out and painting it.

 

_________________

Automatics only come in assult riffles
---------------------------------------
www.aussiecoupes.net

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 2:51 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 31

Posts: 509

Joined: 7th Nov 2004

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: '05 5.4L BA MK2 XT

Location: Sydney
NSW, Australia

My mate put some door plugs on his Laser.
Theyve been there for a few years now and havent fallen off or been ripped off, they are in VERY secure.

I was about to make a post asking about this myself :)
The problem with bog and spray is the colour matching.

What ive formulated so far ideas wise, is to remove the locking rod and connect up a tiny little pushbutton hidden in the boot somewhere to unlock the doors if the keyfob doesnt work for some reason.
(leave the lock in the boot as is so you can still get in :))
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 5:42 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 34

Posts: 454

Joined: 15th Feb 2005

Location: Sydney
NSW, Australia

Ace wrote:
My mate put some door plugs on his Laser.
Theyve been there for a few years now and havent fallen off or been ripped off, they are in VERY secure.

I was about to make a post asking about this myself :)
The problem with bog and spray is the colour matching.

What ive formulated so far ideas wise, is to remove the locking rod and connect up a tiny little pushbutton hidden in the boot somewhere to unlock the doors if the keyfob doesnt work for some reason.
(leave the lock in the boot as is so you can still get in :))


Tap into the door switch thats on the dash and whack it in the boot and get rid of all locks except boot of course :D
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 7:14 pm 
ACT Cruise Moderator
Offline
User avatar

Age: 36

Posts: 6275

Joined: 24th Nov 2004

Ride: '06 BF GT-P

Power: 293 rwkw

Location: Canberra
ACT, Australia

Blazing EF wrote:
Ace wrote:
My mate put some door plugs on his Laser.
Theyve been there for a few years now and havent fallen off or been ripped off, they are in VERY secure.

I was about to make a post asking about this myself :)
The problem with bog and spray is the colour matching.

What ive formulated so far ideas wise, is to remove the locking rod and connect up a tiny little pushbutton hidden in the boot somewhere to unlock the doors if the keyfob doesnt work for some reason.
(leave the lock in the boot as is so you can still get in :))


Tap into the door switch thats on the dash and whack it in the boot and get rid of all locks except boot of course :D


Is that button always active? If it's like the boot release it's only active for a few minutes after locking.

 

_________________

1998 DL LTD in Sparkling Burgundy, daily, 302W, stereo, slow - 97.5rwkw
2006 BF GT-P in Ego, mods. 293rwkw - 12.427@109 - 0-1000m 24.838@221

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 7:17 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 34

Posts: 454

Joined: 15th Feb 2005

Location: Sydney
NSW, Australia

i think so as ive been in the car for a while and the doors are locked and then something bumps the switch :wink: :wink: and the doors open but not 100%
Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
 Page 1 of 2  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

 

 

It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:53 am All times are UTC + 11 hours

 

 

(c)2014 Total Web Solutions Australia - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names