Fordmods Logo

LED taillights anyone? 

 

Page 2 of 3 [ 33 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

 
Posted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 8:25 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 33

Posts: 3277

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Gallery: 36 images

Ride: Ronald Mcdonald Mobile

Location: Sydney
NSW, Australia

Marmo aka GRNGOB wrote:
they are completly diffrent...
they are just globe types ones by the looks of it,
this would be tthe whole insides of the light filled with leds hence why it is 100 leds for each side of the brakes and 80 leds for the indicators, like it would be dots every where in the houseing type of thing


yeah they are different
but i dont think many people will wanna spend 300+ dollers for the wank factor. Ive have done the cheap alternative :) and i like the look of em and they are fuken heaps brighter than the globes

 

_________________

Gooooone - Eb2 Coon - 143RWKW
Now - Mazda MX5 with HKS Supercharger 190RWKW
Crescent Motorsport Liverpool - 9600 6229

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 8:26 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 6168

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

aaah! fair enuff....what happens if one led's die then...will you know about it by it blinking fast?

 

_________________

Image

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 8:26 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 35

Posts: 533

Joined: 12th Jan 2005

Location: Melbourne
VIC, Australia

ReGiE wrote:
unclewoja wrote:
No meaning to rain on someone's parade, but why don't you just whack some LED globes in it instead of making your own?

you can get them for aroud about $10 each and they got the right bayonet fitting and everything. Am I missing something? Seems like buying UL petrol and buying octane booster to turn it into premium.

http://www.ledshoponline.com/automotive_leds1157.htm


yeah they are the ones i got for my brakes. the hyperbright ones and i got the indicators custom made with the modified flasher can thingy


I didn't see the superbright ones. They total 232,320mcd each bulb for $18 each ($36 on the site is for the pair)
As opposed to 'Marmo aka GRNGOB' conversion with 200,000mcd (86% of the light output) for $300. Hmmmmm
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 8:45 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 30

Posts: 482

Joined: 16th Nov 2004

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: VL RB30E

Location: aspendale / frankson
VIC, Australia

unclewoja wrote:

I didn't see the superbright ones. They total 232,320mcd each bulb for $18 each ($36 on the site is for the pair)
As opposed to 'Marmo aka GRNGOB' conversion with 200,000mcd (86% of the light output) for $300. Hmmmmm


but they still look like normol tailights not modded ones they still look like there is two "globes" by the two circile, mine would be thoe whole thing lit up and more in your face just due to the fact that there is more(it would appear brighter)

 

_________________

Spooling soon...

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 8:49 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 33

Posts: 3277

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Gallery: 36 images

Ride: Ronald Mcdonald Mobile

Location: Sydney
NSW, Australia

hehe yeah i didnt think of that. i dont care about all the numbers. i just wanted LEDs all round my car. Everything on my car inside and out is now LED except headlights :) which may come soon who knows

 

_________________

Gooooone - Eb2 Coon - 143RWKW
Now - Mazda MX5 with HKS Supercharger 190RWKW
Crescent Motorsport Liverpool - 9600 6229

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 8:58 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 42

Posts: 433

Joined: 7th Nov 2004

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: ED Falcon

Location: Brisbane
QLD, Australia

Marmo aka GRNGOB wrote:
unclewoja wrote:

I didn't see the superbright ones. They total 232,320mcd each bulb for $18 each ($36 on the site is for the pair)
As opposed to 'Marmo aka GRNGOB' conversion with 200,000mcd (86% of the light output) for $300. Hmmmmm


but they still look like normol tailights not modded ones they still look like there is two "globes" by the two circile, mine would be thoe whole thing lit up and more in your face just due to the fact that there is more(it would appear brighter)


well how about you make a set up and show us a prototype, and just think, you could always sell em on ebay
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 9:13 pm 
Fordmods Junkie
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 2839

Joined: 6th Nov 2004

Gallery: 50 images

Ride: MYSTERY EL's & Maverick LWB

Power: 198 rwkw

Location: parramatta
NSW, Australia

PFFT old news my friends !
Ive had this planned for some time now ! as few other members would know :)

 

_________________

Chance Favors The Prepared Mind !
For Sale : EL Fairmont 4L 5spd offers, AU Fairlane Ghia 4L vct Stock no mods $3.5k ono
Image

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 9:17 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 42

Posts: 433

Joined: 7th Nov 2004

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: ED Falcon

Location: Brisbane
QLD, Australia

i have ahd an idea of using 5 and 10 mm leds for the stop tail, parts would cost about $130
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 9:26 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 35

Posts: 850

Joined: 10th Nov 2004

Gallery: 20 images

Ride: 03 BA Fairmont

Location: Forest Lake
QLD, Australia

why do those boards use a resistor for each led? surely it would be simpler just to bridge the leds together in parallel so they will run straight off 12 V??
Seems to be a complete waste of money

 

_________________

Regards,
Punnisher_42
_____________
2003 BA Fairmont - Stock standard
1994 U13 cough Nissan Cough Bluebird

Favorite Quotes:
"Sportwagon = homo-erotic wank-fest." - downingj

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 9:40 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 30

Posts: 482

Joined: 16th Nov 2004

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: VL RB30E

Location: aspendale / frankson
VIC, Australia

djmikey wrote:
Marmo aka GRNGOB wrote:
unclewoja wrote:

I didn't see the superbright ones. They total 232,320mcd each bulb for $18 each ($36 on the site is for the pair)
As opposed to 'Marmo aka GRNGOB' conversion with 200,000mcd (86% of the light output) for $300. Hmmmmm


but they still look like normol tailights not modded ones they still look like there is two "globes" by the two circile, mine would be thoe whole thing lit up and more in your face just due to the fact that there is more(it would appear brighter)


well how about you make a set up and show us a prototype, and just think, you could always sell em on ebay



because i am still at skool i dont have alot of money and i dont want to risk the loss.

 

_________________

Spooling soon...

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 9:40 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 42

Posts: 433

Joined: 7th Nov 2004

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: ED Falcon

Location: Brisbane
QLD, Australia

i was thinking the same thing, but I was looking at running several circuts so if i died for some reason the whoole thing wouldn't drop out
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 9:50 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 33

Posts: 3277

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Gallery: 36 images

Ride: Ronald Mcdonald Mobile

Location: Sydney
NSW, Australia

MRE-40L wrote:
PFFT old news my friends !
Ive had this planned for some time now ! as few other members would know :)


hehe that it correct. I remember u saying about it ages ago on one of the cruzes

 

_________________

Gooooone - Eb2 Coon - 143RWKW
Now - Mazda MX5 with HKS Supercharger 190RWKW
Crescent Motorsport Liverpool - 9600 6229

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 10:25 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 30

Posts: 482

Joined: 16th Nov 2004

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: VL RB30E

Location: aspendale / frankson
VIC, Australia

every one is talking about doing led taillights

 

_________________

Spooling soon...

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 8:41 pm 
Smokin em up
Offline

Posts: 277

Joined: 12th Nov 2004

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: AU - Turbo

Location: Canada
Oustide Australia

unclewoja wrote:
No meaning to rain on someone's parade, but why don't you just whack some LED globes in it instead of making your own?

you can get them for aroud about $10 each and they got the right bayonet fitting and everything. Am I missing something? Seems like buying UL petrol and buying octane booster to turn it into premium.

http://www.ledshoponline.com/automotive_leds1157.htm


They suck i have them right here infront of me. The park light is duller and when u brake the light isnt much brighter. Go to fordforums.com.au go to general tech and u will see a huge thread on these bulbs they turned out to be a failure. I got a heap of comparison pics over there tooo!
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 8:59 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Posts: 728

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Ride: ba falcon

Location: perth
WA, Australia

i think people are missing the point.. marmo talking about making ur taillights look cool like a mazerati 3200gt (mmm) tho good luck getting somone to pay u to make them without seeing a prototype
Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
 Page 2 of 3  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 20 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

 

 

It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:56 pm All times are UTC + 11 hours

 

 

(c)2014 Total Web Solutions Australia - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names