Fordmods Logo

LEGAL NEONS? 

Page 2 of 4 [ 52 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Posted: Tue May 30, 2006 6:56 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: BA XR6 Ute

QLD, Australia

Hell if the Kid enjoys fiddlin about with cars and its not doin any harm let it be, Just think if he can out do most of you on an engine at 14, he'll make you all look like fools by the time hes got his own ride........

I say let him be, Tip, if you enjoy cars that much, why not buy an old X series that need some TLC and use it as a project to hone your skills

nascentes morimur

Posted: Tue May 30, 2006 6:58 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA Fairmont

VIC, Australia

Gregg_13 wrote:
Hell if the Kid enjoys fiddlin about with cars and its not doin any harm let it be, Just think if he can out do most of you on an engine at 14, he'll make you all look like fools by the time hes got his own ride........

I say let him be, Tip, if you enjoy cars that much, why not buy an old X series that need some TLC and use it as a project to hone your skills

Thats a very valid point, but why waste time on something that doesn't need to done to the extent he is doing. Just seems logical to me.

Posted: Tue May 30, 2006 7:03 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA XR6 Ute

QLD, Australia

As long as its time and not money he wasting and it aint doin damage, Yeah its a little like an OCD thing, I mean if he was droppin the oil everyday then it would be another story, but then again, I know guys who polish their car every day, ordianry drivers dont take that much notice.

I guarantee it......... :lol:

nascentes morimur

Posted: Tue May 30, 2006 7:57 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: AUII XR6

NSW, Australia

If you mean unwanted attention when people get attracted to ford's section of a car show like Autosalon or something like that then sure, ill take it. Last year over at the central coast we drove through the entrance and we stopped at the lights. This was when i first didnt know anything about the laws against neons, I mounted it on the front bumper with electrical tape. A group of teenagers my age crossed and stared at the glow and one of them shouted neon! I enjoyed that unwanted attention. Also in this cruise up to the central coast we went up with family who have a holiday house. The needed to identify our car so that the did not lose us. The neon worked well for identification. This is why I want to find alegal place to mount so that we can be identifed from a distance. Not for the purpose of showing off. And to you who mock my usage of time,iIf you took 15-20 mins a day and had a love for your car you'd be happy as heaven :D . I dont really want to do up an old X-series but thanks for the tip. When I get a part time job I'll save up for a bomb of a 66 mustang. My first car will be the XR6 so I wanted it to be like new when I start driving it. my dad appreciates the work and pays me every week to do it. With the money I spend it on minor mods which wont affect the performance so I can drive it. Its not on the P-Plate ban list so I want to keep it that way for now. If you live in Sydney youd know it rained today and so I spent more of my time shammoing the car down so that it doesnt get dirt circles which are formed by water that has collected dust. Obviously I know my s**t..... Insulting me is not going to stop me boyz...

Posted: Tue May 30, 2006 11:28 pm 
Technical Contributor

Ride: Ford Ef Futura

WA, Australia

Settle pettle

Posted: Wed May 31, 2006 3:26 am 
Fordmods Junkie

Ride: EL Fairmont, VFR400 racer

Power: 144 rwkw

VIC, Australia

chunkz wrote:
NiNoPace wrote:
Chunkz I dunnno about you but my family takes pride by its stuff so I'd like to see this car look good. Fords do look good with neons for eg. [7OAST] AU falcon.

fords look best
nice rims,
nice height
nice paint job
and a nice kit (and well sleepers look good too)

neons... = look crap + unwanted attention

each to their own i guess

do down lights shining on the wheels or white fluorescent tubes under ur car count as neons?

imagine being in a parking lot and u turn on white fluoro tubes under ur car on and it makes that crackling noise as it turns on. downlights would be something new for show :P

would also light the parking lot for convenience

btw NiNoPace i think they are illegal in most states to have them on while driving or in public places. but yeah put them on as a show car......u want attention when its at a show =D

phong =P~

phongus = Post whore 2006
EL XR6 motor, EL ECU + J3 chip, WADE 1673 Camshaft, 3" S/S intake, Pacy 4480, 2.5" Hi flow cat, 2.5" Lukey exhaust.
Max Power = 144.6 rwkw (03/05/2008)

Posted: Wed May 31, 2006 11:12 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: BF XR6 Ute

VIC, Australia

chunkz wrote:
NiNoPace wrote:
Chunkz I dunnno about you but my family takes pride by its stuff so I'd like to see this car look good. Fords do look good with neons for eg. [7OAST] AU falcon.

fords look best
nice rims,
nice height
nice paint job

I dont even reckon you need nice rims mate. Im still running my standard EL fairmont 15's! i just like the real sleeper look i guess. But as you said each to his own and i really do beleive in that. If someone like big shiney wheels then i will respect them for that. But with my 15's i dont get half as much attention from police than what my mates do with polishes wheels lol

Posted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 12:04 am 
Tyre Shredder

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: EF II Fairmont Ghia

NSW, Australia

hehehe want attention stick a big sticker down the side of your car... Get harrassed every day from the cops fot it :D

Current Rides:
VX SS Commodore

EF II Fairmont Ghia, stock as a rock.

Posted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 12:07 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 14 images

Ride: ebxr8

SA, Australia

kraddy wrote:
chunkz wrote:
NiNoPace wrote:

fords look best
nice rims,
nice height
nice paint job

I dont even reckon you need nice rims mate. Im still running my standard EL fairmont 15's! i just like the real sleeper look i guess. But as you said each to his own and i really do beleive in that. If someone like big shiney wheels then i will respect them for that. But with my 15's i dont get half as much attention from police than what my mates do with polishes wheels lol

to many big shiny wheels getting around with cars on them!

Posted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 2:51 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: Trik'd up EFII XR6

WA, Australia

chunkz wrote:
its illegal by 'ford' laws

watever dung puncher....those sorta comment is wat restricts fords from looking there best....and sorry u drive wat again ....

For Sale: 25 Farad Rockford Fosgate Competition Series Carbon Cap, more to come - pm me if interested

Posted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 2:56 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

Gregg_13 wrote:
In WA undercar neons are legal, so long as the tubes themselves are not visible, however this is only a fairly recent law change and not all officers are up to date, so if you get pulled be sure to get him to look it up......... Neons arent for ricers, stickers, ironing board spoilers and cannons are for ricers.

Seen plenty of Falcs with Neons, choose the right colour to highlight your car and they look sweet.

Spot on mate as well as what data_mine says.

For now I dont think the eastern states have adopted the same guidline...QLD tho I think may have.

The main point with having external body lighting fitted is that the tubes themselves arent visible due to the distraction factor...and that they arent displayed in public areas where such distraction could cause a major accident.

Also the colouring of lights cannot be that of emergency colours and so espescially if you have neons setup (not the way I like) to flash on/off with the sub notes....blue and red undercar neon combo is not a bright way to go hooked up with ya car audio lol...and yes I know someone who got done with a $2500 fine for this thinkin he was funny :P

Neons can look really good on any car and really show a car off....Ive got a car kit inside and outside....so does other quite showy cars like 7OAST and not to mention PYROAY. 2 very sweet rides....

For Sale: 25 Farad Rockford Fosgate Competition Series Carbon Cap, more to come - pm me if interested

Post subject: pics
Posted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 10:26 pm 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 14 images

Ride: EL XR6

SA, Australia

[/quote]Neons can look really good on any car and really show a car off....Ive got a car kit inside and outside....so does other quite showy cars like 7OAST and not to mention PYROAY. 2 very sweet rides....[/quote]

Were can I find pictures of those two rides

1996 EL XR8, Dynamic White, 18inch Simmons Wheels, Lowered all round with pedders shocks and springs, Clear tail lights and clear side repeaters

Post subject: Re: pics
Posted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 10:22 am 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

suttoo wrote:
Neons can look really good on any car and really show a car off....Ive got a car kit inside and outside....so does other quite showy cars like 7OAST and not to mention PYROAY. 2 very sweet rides....[/quote]

Were can I find pictures of those two rides[/quote]

Just do a search on the forum mate by author for pyroay you will find plenty of pics.

Posted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 11:56 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Falcon

VIC, Australia

Neons will only look good, if the rest of the car is up to scratch. But even then, most people wont like it.

So make sure you wire them up to a switch, and you can remove them.

Cheers

Posted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 3:11 am 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

LG wrote:
Neons will only look good, if the rest of the car is up to scratch. But even then, most people wont like it.

So make sure you wire them up to a switch, and you can remove them.

Cheers

Thats it, run via an on/off/on toggle through your interior light circuit..that way u can have always on, completly off and door open mode.

Another mod really that just comes down to your own preference...really if u like it, its your hard earned pennies so just do it

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 4  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next