Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

Post subject: lip spoiler
Posted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:35 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 22 images

Ride: 1990 XF Ute

VIC, Australia

Hi all,

Just wondering if you can get a lip spoiler for a EF fairmont and if so what is involoved in installing one do they just bolt on like a normal spoiler and also is it possible to fit au door handles to a ef fairmont?

Post subject: Re: lip spoiler
Posted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:55 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: EF Fairmont

NSW, Australia

Tickford front spoiler fits the Fairmont bar. As for fitting AU doorhandles - No, not unless you cut and shut the door handle area. AU are sunken in and EF/EL bolt up proud of the door.

Posted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:05 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

SWC wrote:
Tickford front spoiler fits the Fairmont bar. As for fitting AU doorhandles - No, not unless you cut and shut the door handle area. AU are sunken in and EF/EL bolt up proud of the door.

what do you mean the fairmont bar im talking about a lip spoiler on the boot

Posted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:14 pm 
Parts Gopher

Gallery: 20 images

Ride: BA turbo, XH V8, EF V8

QLD, Australia

Either your talking about a bobtail spoiler which the ef/el series never had. Or a boot spoiler which heaps of ef/el series fords had. Lip spoiler as you've stated is for the bottom of the front bar.

Posted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:17 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

xr6pod wrote:
Either your talking about a bobtail spoiler which the ef/el series never had. Or a boot spoiler which heaps of ef/el series fords had. Lip spoiler as you've stated is for the bottom of the front bar.

oh sorry mate im talking about that little spoiler attached to the boot that the ed xr6 had

Posted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:22 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: 2002 AU Fairlane Sportsman

NSW, Australia

Mate if your after a lip spoiler, and YES they do exist and are called lip spoiler in case any one wants to argue, then go onto FleaBay and search "Lip Spoiler". Have a look at Farilane6970 images. He has a lip spoiler on his Fairlane and I was so impressed I got one for my AU. Mine is colour coded to match the car, I did it myself but the black one on his red Fairlane looks fantastic. They are not big in height and you can get different lengths. Just measure the width of your boot lid and order the one to suit. Just remember to run the tape around the edge where it will go and not straight across. Cheers and good hunting.

Posted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:24 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

au055 wrote:
Mate if your after a lip spoiler, and YES they do exist and are called lip spoiler in case any one wants to argue, then go onto FleaBay and search "Lip Spoiler". Have a look at Farilane6970 images. He has a lip spoiler on his Fairlane and I was so impressed I got one for my AU. Mine is colour coded to match the car, I did it myself but the black one on his red Fairlane looks fantastic. They are not big in height and you can get different lengths. Just measure the width of your boot lid and order the one to suit. Just remember to run the tape around the edge where it will go and not straight across. Cheers and good hunting.

how do i look up a member?

Posted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:30 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: 2002 AU Fairlane Sportsman

NSW, Australia

In the home page under hot topics, a guy has an item re his XR that he smashed and is gutted. Open that up and the last comment was from fairlane 6970. Open his images on the left of the page and presto the images come up. I forgot to say that the lip spoilers that we used have a double sided tape for easy installation and mine came off a Mercedes. It is not a genuine Mercedes item but the length is what I was looking for. They come from Taiwan and are cheap and this guy is reliable and honest.They have photos on the car of what they look like. Cheers,

Posted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:31 pm 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

fordnut1988 wrote:
SWC wrote:

what do you mean the fairmont bar im talking about a lip spoiler on the boot

A lip spoiler is a front spoiler.

Posted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:34 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

au055 wrote:
In the home page under hot topics, a guy has an item re his XR that he smashed and is gutted. Open that up and the last comment was from fairlane 6970. Open his images on the left of the page and presto the images come up. I forgot to say that the lip spoilers that we used have a double sided tape for easy installation and mine came off a Mercedes. It is not a genuine Mercedes item but the length is what I was looking for. They come from Taiwan and are cheap and this guy is reliable and honest.They have photos on the car of what they look like. Cheers,

cheers dude i owe u a beer

Posted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:36 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

au055 wrote:

whats the website for fleabay?

Posted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:39 pm 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 12 posts ]