locating lip/spigot on hub adapters discussion 

Page 2 of 2 [ 21 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Posted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:35 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: 93 Maverick LWB/S2 LWB Delica

Power: 75 rwkw

NSW, Australia

BTW hub adaptors or spacers are illegal on vehicles not originally fitted or optional from the factory, this is an Australian ADR, most states state this in their vehicle compliance codes, some states are very grey about it, just like their system is in general, where the left hand doesn't talk to the right hand.

Anyone using hub adaptors if you have an accident I hope you are not at fault, and secondly you have in writing that your insurance company is OK with them, they might still try to get out of it as the car is technically not roadworthy.

93 Ford Maverick LWB automatic petrol guzzler (gets stuck where Deli doesn't, big pumpkins :evil:)
97 S2 Mitsubishi Delica LWB (off the road getting v8 transplant)

Posted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 1:31 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: No Fords current

TAS, Australia

Macca wrote:
"twr7cx" can you not post pictures of that resolution and file size, even if you had some massive resolution you would have needed to scroll across the screen to read posts, there is also members stuck with dialup, you had almost 3mb of pictures posted (no I am definitely not on dialup 8-) ).

You serious? This threads been going for a month or two now, no one else has shown an interest, it was essentially just me and rd having a conversion in public spot, and neither of us really had an issue with the pictures.
besides, applying your theory, next time i go to the drags, i shouldn't drive my car as fast incase the guy next to me can't keep up.
ah well your the boss - just means now that no one else gets to see the pictures - there loss, not mine.

Posted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:30 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

twr7cx wrote:
Macca wrote:
"twr7cx" can you not post pictures of that resolution and file size, even if you had some massive resolution you would have needed to scroll across the screen to read posts, there is also members stuck with dialup, you had almost 3mb of pictures posted (no I am definitely not on dialup 8-) ).

You serious? This threads been going for a month or two now, no one else has shown an interest, it was essentially just me and rd having a conversion in public spot, and neither of us really had an issue with the pictures.
besides, applying your theory, next time i go to the drags, i shouldn't drive my car as fast incase the guy next to me can't keep up.
ah well your the boss - just means now that no one else gets to see the pictures - there loss, not mine.

Well unless they are some what brain dead, all they need to click on is the links, so there is no loss, there are other member in Fordmods that would have liked to have read this thread and your posts, but if they were on dialup it would have taken so long to load there would be a fair chance they would have clicked the back button.

What does it take to be courteous to other members, 5mins of your time? You could have attached the photos the post itself.
It is no different to if I sent you a gigabyte attachment in a email to you, yes I know your ISP wouldn't allow this but I am giving an idea of what it would be like.
We forgot to put this into the guidelines it has been a word of mouth guideline for some time.

BTW if this thread was just between you and "relaxed_diplomacy" you should have used PM or email, it was originally started for public viewing, others have viewed it and as you can not count I thought I better tell you this thread is less than 1 month old.

93 Ford Maverick LWB automatic petrol guzzler (gets stuck where Deli doesn't, big pumpkins :evil:)

Posted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 6:34 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: No Fords current

TAS, Australia

Macca wrote:
Well unless they are some what brain dead, all they need to click on is the links, so there is no loss,

Hmmm... I must of been brain dead last night, didn't notice that you had left the links, thought you had just clean deleted them, so apologies.

Posted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:43 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

twr7cx wrote:
Macca wrote:
Well unless they are some what brain dead, all they need to click on is the links, so there is no loss,

Hmmm... I must of been brain dead last night, didn't notice that you had left the links, thought you had just clean deleted them, so apologies.

I know I can be an A hole, but I wouldn't do that unless it was illegal etc. :)

Sorry if I sounded like I was being picky but to many members are using imageshack etc and posting excessively large resolution and file size pictures, we encourage members to use the "add an attachment" in a post, it also has a bonus of not disappearing unless you go back to your attachments and delete it, links to Imageshack etc commonly change or get deleted and we end up having no picture which says a thousand words.

Posted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:24 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: EL fairmont offroader

VIC, Australia

This has been a valuable thread to me, and others too i reckon. I think there has only essentially been two posters so far mainly due to the technical nature of the posts.

I'm glad we've been discussing hub adapters. They may be illegal in some circumstances, but i don't see that as any reason to not discuss them.

They are used in trucks that do say 10 metre high jumps, so they can be of more than satisfactory strength and performance and safety. Having said that i wouldn't want to lead anyone into using them in an illegal way without being aware of the situation. Warnings about illegality are good too, because as posters here we are somewhat traceable.

wrecking 9/97 EL fairmont sedan burgundy 6cyl auto 270k modBAintake

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2