Fordmods Logo

Looking to buy a BA XR6 

Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

Post subject: Looking to buy a BA XR6
Posted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 2:25 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: 2003 XR6 Turbo

NSW, Australia

Can anyone give me any advice for what to look out for when buying an XR6? I want to get it looking like a GT-P as well if its not already like that with the bodykit, spoiler and stripes. Does anyone know how much that would cost to have done? And where i can get it done? i live in sydney.

Thanx All

Posted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 2:43 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 20 images

Ride: FG XR8, F6 F6 ute, XR5T, Capri

WA, Australia

AWCinfo.com

Posted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 10:06 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Soarer 2.5GT-T

VIC, Australia

all show, no go, why not cut to the chase and buy a civic?
damn posers.

Posted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 10:13 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EB SXR6 | ED XR8 Sprint

NSW, Australia

there is nothing wrong with changing the body kit on a car, or getting one, better than putting stripes on an xr kit! some people arnt about the grunt, i mean if u dont drag and your not dumb enough to lose your license on the street then why do u need all that power, ba xr6 has enough grunt for a daily driver...

again... another one of 'each to their own'....

you can get stripes off ebay, heaps of colours/styles there mate. has anyone bought them off ebay? any good??

EB SXR6. ED XR8 Sprint.

Posted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 11:03 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: Holden VF Calais / NL FBT

VIC, Australia

try Canberra Car Styling also

They are s ite sponsor and can freight all over aus!

Nicko

Posted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 11:51 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

BOSXR8 wrote:
there is nothing wrong with changing the body kit on a car, or getting one, better than putting stripes on an xr kit! some people arnt about the grunt, i mean if u dont drag and your not dumb enough to lose your license on the street then why do u need all that power, ba xr6 has enough grunt for a daily driver...

again... another one of 'each to their own'....

you can get stripes off ebay, heaps of colours/styles there mate. has anyone bought them off ebay? any good??

Would you make fun of someone puting type r badges on a non vtec honda?
bodykits are fine, but trying to be something your car is not by d**k it up, well that's rice.

Posted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 12:09 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: TE50

QLD, Australia

hey mate

sounds like a good lil project

stripes r dime a dozen. u can get yer local stripe man to make up whatever ones u want (maybe look BETTER than the GT ones)

our local stripe man made ones for our old BA, was fantastic

also had the cobra stripes over the top of it at one stage...if u get vinyl ones they come off if yer not 100% satisfied

Formerly SpuDEF

Posted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 1:39 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EB SXR6 | ED XR8 Sprint

NSW, Australia

ive seen a few bfs with the stripes turning into flames, that didnt look too bad either. POSSIBILITIES ARE ENDLESS!!!

oh, vtec badges on a non vtec car.. i really dont care.. and rice is nice... cant some people get over the fact that japan manufacture cars... good ones too... i wonder what they call ozzie cars... pies?? haha

EB SXR6. ED XR8 Sprint.

Posted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 6:16 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

BOSXR8 wrote:
ive seen a few bfs with the stripes turning into flames, that didnt look too bad either. POSSIBILITIES ARE ENDLESS!!!

oh, vtec badges on a non vtec car.. i really dont care.. and rice is nice... cant some people get over the fact that japan manufacture cars... good ones too... i wonder what they call ozzie cars... pies?? haha

haha dude i drive a toyota soarer, pwns the e series falcons i've had... that's not what i meant by rice, either way, i just think it's gay.

Posted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 12:45 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: BA XR8 Sedan or a potato gun

QLD, Australia

QUOTE: all show, no go, why not cut to the chase and buy a civic?
damn posers.

Woh ease up man - I mean everyone's entitled to their opinions but not everyone can afford a GT-P either - and the cheaper way of going for someone not making the big cash to buy a GT-P is to mod an XR or even an XT to look like one - in my opinion nuthin wrong with it... Although I would be leaving stickering/decals and badges of the GT-P off - at the end of the day it isn't a GT-P, but by all means go the bodykit... GT-P bodykit with a good paint job and no decals will look pharkin schmick!!
Sounds like a great project and one that you will enjoy the end result of dude!!

Sadly "X-RATED" has been sold to my brother - no longer do I own my XT - but its a brief sadness!! I now have an XR8 and permanent boner - SCHWING!!

Posted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 12:52 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA XT FALCON (2003)

QLD, Australia

Bodykits are good... but the only problem with a GT-P kit is that when ricer boy takes you on at the lights... they will think they are top s**t when they beat a GT-P even tho it is a GT-P mock up... if you know what i mean...

but for a cruise car... i don't mind...

Does Canberra Car styling have BA kits? i've always looked at the gallery and been disappointed cause they only show up to AU...

Posted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 2:05 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: BA XR8 Sedan or a potato gun

QLD, Australia

Mr_Soul wrote:
Bodykits are good... but the only problem with a GT-P kit is that when ricer boy takes you on at the lights... they will think they are top s**t when they beat a GT-P even tho it is a GT-P mock up... if you know what i mean...

but for a cruise car... i don't mind...

Does Canberra Car styling have BA kits? i've always looked at the gallery and been disappointed cause they only show up to AU...

And thats why I haven't gone down bodykit lane... Besides, most of the ricers here I've smoked, and I haven't done a hell of alot to my car as far as go fast bits go... Not that I condone street racing... :twisted:

As far as the bodykits go I haven't checked out canberra car styling, AWC have best selection I have seen to date for the BA/BF series, and I think SSV (sydney special vehicles) are starting to jump on the kit wagon for the BA/BF's - the only other place I know of that have awesome kits are DMD Image down in Rocklea, Brisbane - but its all custom kits, and they would be a pretty penny just purely on name sakes, lots of ricers go there, and whilst i'm not a fan of the jap cars, have to say some pretty trick work!! But AWC have pretty good build quality too - my bro just got an XR8 bonnet buldge for his EF from em, and if thats anything to go off, its pretty good!!

Sadly "X-RATED" has been sold to my brother - no longer do I own my XT - but its a brief sadness!! I now have an XR8 and permanent boner - SCHWING!!

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 12 posts ]