Page 3 of 4 [ 47 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post subject: Re: low or super low
Posted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:19 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: NL Fairlane

QLD, Australia

deal with it and get SSL all round thats wot i got in my fairlane... its awsome
been more than a year n still havnt been pulled up for how low it is :)

now has t5 manual conversion, 1521a cam, extractors, j3 etc :) the-garage-f53/nl-fairlane-t87847.html

Posted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:33 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: el xr6, r33 series 2 skyline

Power: 149 rwkw

SA, Australia

what do you mean by compressing the springs as i tried changing my springs for sl ( dident have one tool needed for the job but noticed the springs are so loose i moved them around with one hand

God made s**t, Holden put wheels on it

skyline daily
ford building

Posted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:38 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EA SVO, AU2, Toyota Crown

VIC, Australia

Superlows all the way! i have Superlows in the EB and my EA is getting my own Ultra lows (superlows with 2 coils cut off!)

i had 20x8.5 wheels front 225tyres and rear 245 tyres with Superlows. only could have front passengers. no one in the rear

Daily driver: 2010 Toyota Crown hybrid 3.5L V6 hybrid. 254kw.
Weekend car: AU2 "XR8" 220kw 5L 5 speed. 19" BBS LM . Full exhaust. Lowered on Kings and Koni's. 13.8@97mph
Fast car: EA SVO AU motor. Built BTR. SDE 3500 stall. 76mm turbo. On E85. approx 425rwkw. 10.8@126mph

Posted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:43 pm 
Parts Gopher

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: 04 BA XR6

WA, Australia

get spring compressors and heat the springs up with the oxy/acetalene torch (preferably a 2-man job) get one to operate the torch and one to wind the spring compressors down. Some people would think this is dodgy, but if you do it right it isn't. If you plan to do this at all, what ever you do don't cool the springs off with water.. You'll shock the metal and damage the structural integrity. Let them cool off by themselves (1-2 hours or so)

Just make sure your confident in doing the procedure otherwise you will ruin your springs. Ive had the springs in the car for about a year now and they are still strong as.

HOLDEN - Holes, Oil Leaks, Dents & Engine Noise
TORANA - Tonnes Of Rust And No Acceleration

Posted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:31 am 
Oompa Loompa

Gallery: 15 images

Ride: BF XR6

NSW, Australia

Ssl's aren't as bad as what ya might think. If u want it to looked lower get the ssl's they make a big difference. Check out my pics of the BF xr6 with ssl's the guard sits a few mm over the tire without having to roll the guards and it looks sexy as!! Me and a mate compressed his sl's and it defo is a 2 man job its too tricky to do it on ya own. Any of u guys know how high the lowest point of ur car is allowed to be? My rear resinator is the lowest point and its 85mm from the ground on the ssl's... and I got pulled over for an rbt the other night and the copper was a young guy and I watched him run his hand between the tire and the guard and come back and said low, but not to low, it looks good and I just basically laughed in his face coz im pretty sure its way too low lol then we got talking about his little rice burner. Was the most random convo I've ever had with someone lol

BF XR6 4SP AUTO BOSS BONNET SUPER SUPER LOW KING SPRINGS SEXY GRILL AND RED XR BADGES MMM DELICIOUS

Posted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:16 pm 
Parts Gopher

WA, Australia

I'm not 100% sure but just going by what mates have said it's 100mm in WA. or a coke can?
My car at the lowest point (front cross member) only just fits over a coke sideways. Getting it up on the hoist requires two fairly long bits of wood. Very bad in shopping centres and can't turn and go up a curb too hard otherwise it will do a fender bender at the front.

Posted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:26 am 
Oompa Loompa

NSW, Australia

EFsapphire wrote:
I'm not 100% sure but just going by what mates have said it's 100mm in WA. or a coke can?
My car at the lowest point (front cross member) only just fits over a coke sideways. Getting it up on the hoist requires two fairly long bits of wood. Very bad in shopping centres and can't turn and go up a curb too hard otherwise it will do a fender bender at the front.

LOL @ fender bender I haven't heard anyone say that for a long time haha I guess I better check these laws ay

BF XR6 4SP AUTO BOSS BONNET SUPER SUPER LOW KING SPRINGS SEXY GRILL AND RED XR BADGES MMM DELICIOUS

Posted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:35 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

in Vic it's 100mm with 4 passengers. so don't set it to 100mm empty!

Weekend car: AU2 "XR8" 220kw 5L 5 speed. 19" BBS LM . Full exhaust. Lowered on Kings and Koni's. 13.8@97mph
Fast car: EA SVO AU motor. Built BTR. SDE 3500 stall. 76mm turbo. On E85. approx 425rwkw. 10.8@126mph

Posted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:50 am 
Oompa Loompa

NSW, Australia

WILDEB wrote:
in Vic it's 100mm with 4 passengers. so don't set it to 100mm empty!

Haha I completely forgot one night I was deso driver and had a carful of people and uh lets just say I wasn't concentrating and forgot a had an extra 350kg and *crunch* right up the driveway at the pub lol oops

Posted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:33 pm 
Parts Gopher

WA, Australia

yeh thankfully havent "fender bendered" yet lol. But running 19's with all 4 guards rolled and tyres still scrape guards when turning up curbs too fast. When wheels are straight cant run fingers between the tyres and guards lol.

Rear is very low, Also have a 60L gas tank and 2 subs in a twin box + spare tyre. Rear quarters tyre tuck down to the rims with two average size people in the back.

Posted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:57 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF Falcon Monti

NSW, Australia

MotoBlake wrote:
krisisdog wrote:
And your point?????

I was on my Ps, f**k I still am with all the mods in my sig!
I had the car when I was on my reds.
first mods were - superlows, extractors and exhaust.
DONT REGRET IT IN THE SLIGHTEST.

He said he wants a low(ish) car, it will still look like a fourby on lows with 18s!
:roll: :roll:

heheh :D im on my l's i have a ford ef with super lows all around extractors and 2 and a half inch sports exhasust to a 3 inch tip :D Come on coppers hehe bring it:D and im soon to get 17's and 2 12" subs lol poor me coppers are gunna love me

yeah, L platers can drive anything. its when your on your P's that they can get you

BANNED USER

Posted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:40 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 92 EB s

NSW, Australia

2x12s wow. What are they?
My old single 12 pulled 137.6.
Don't waste your money on inferior products.

Posted: Sat May 01, 2010 12:10 am 
Oompa Loompa

NSW, Australia

EFsapphire wrote:
yeh thankfully havent "fender bendered" yet lol. But running 19's with all 4 guards rolled and tyres still scrape guards when turning up curbs too fast. When wheels are straight cant run fingers between the tyres and guards lol.

Rear is very low, Also have a 60L gas tank and 2 subs in a twin box + spare tyre. Rear quarters tyre tuck down to the rims with two average size people in the back.

Thats a good effort mate!! lol i havent seen what mine looks like when i have a car load ahha

Posted: Sat May 01, 2010 1:02 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

SxcXr6 wrote:
EFsapphire wrote:

Thats a good effort mate!! lol i havent seen what mine looks like when i have a car load ahha

um thats on 19's. not hard to do. how about when mine had 15" and was 65mm off the ground, with a full car load it tucked all the tyre on 15"!

and now it's in 17" and 99mm off the ground. with a full car load it tucks all the tyre

Posted: Sat May 01, 2010 12:29 pm 
Parts Gopher

WA, Australia

ever sat a stock EA/EB/ED next to a stock BA? way lower in the beginning..

still in saying that, good effort on the 15s.

subs are Alpine type X

Sort by  
 Page 3 of 4  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next