Fordmods Logo

Mandarin fading & the holden dealer is blaming Ford 

Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ] Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: Mandarin fading & the holden dealer is blaming Ford
Posted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 7:08 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

NSW, Australia

I purchased this car from a local Holden dealer June 23 this year.
As it is lowered the previous owner damaged the front guard & traded it in like that. After I took the car for a test drive the salesman told me that he would book it in & have the damage repaired before i picked the car up. That was the june long weekend.
When I did pick the car up the damage hadn't been repaired "he'd forgotten" so he told me to take it to the repairer they use & tell them Holden were paying for it. I took it to him, asked him to just tap the guard back up as i didn't want to damage the tyre, he chipped the paint and dented the guard. Not happy already!!
The car was booked in for July 4, should of taken 2-3 days, nope they were having troubles matching the color & were getting a rep in (that turned out to be a lie) finally got it back after 5 days & had a pinkish blotchy front guard & part of the drivers door. (yes i have pics). Oh we've done this color before we thought we could do it. Obviously not. He should of just "manned up" & said "sorry to hard for us to do".
Not happy back to the dealer I went, I also took the car to 2 other panel beaters to get quotes as the first repairer had ruined my car.
August 15 the dealer had organized for one of their employees, who is also a paint rep to paint my car at the "recommended" painters shop I told the dealer that I didn't want them touching my car again, he told me they wouldn't be. (that turned out to be another lie)
It was supposed to take 5 days, as I hadn't heard anything and driving past on August 20 saw that the panel shop was open I stopped to see my car, worse than before, pink, blotchy and now the guard and more of the doors. Covered in masking tape & just shoved out of the way.
This is how I learnt that they were supposed to be painting the car under supervision, something they didn't do.
September my car was still at the panel beaters sitting outside covered in mud and masking tape, yep have more photos.
I took some pics and showed them to the used car guys, "f" its pink was one guys comment!!
September 6 I was finally given an undated and unsigned letter from a technical manager of an automotive paint company stating that the "clear coating itself is still intact although the orange tone of the color has all but gone, leaving more of the mica metallic". "This leaves the color no longer resembling the original color. Therefore neither our color nor a variation of this color will match. "This color will only be achieved if the car can be eye matched or the car totally resprayed to its former color".
September 8 I was finally given an officer from the department of fair trading but as the panel beater kept lying to her she felt she could no longer help & told me to take it to the tribunal.
This was the day that the dealer told me that the color of the drivers side would match the color of the passenger side, "golden orange".
September 13 I get a call from the panel beater to come and have a look at s swatch of the color that's to go on my car, it was plastic and didn't look too bad, my 21 year old son also didn't think it would come out as dark as the swatch as it was plastic... how wrong we were!!
September 16 I get a phone call from the dealer, my car is ready, it had to go back there for warranty on the rear passenger door actuator.
The colors bad, really bad.
So now the fun begins again, the Holden dealer said to me "for me to help you, I need you to help me" He asked me to contact Ford Australia customer service, so I did but as the car is over 3 years old, was first registered in 2005 and even though its only just hit 63000 km's, they don't want to know about it. Back to Holden I go, he told me that I will have to take Ford to the Consumer Tribunal, oh and us of course because you bought the car of us, but Ford because their product had failed. He is passing the buck alot lately.
The Holden dealer has asked me to get a quote to spray the other side (they would be paying for that) & a quote to spray the boot, roof, bonnet & turrets as it seems he wants me to pay for that. I will admit I am not in a financial position to pay for a spray job, the value of this car has already depreciated thanks to the paint job, but driving around a car that is all shades of orange is pretty depressing!!
Sorry for the huge post, trying to explain it all , its only been going on for nearly 4 months..
Trying to get onto the actual owner of the business is also turning out to be next to impossible, his PA is blocking any communication to him, I tried to contact him yesterday & my partner tried today, I think he needs to know what is going on.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Any questions I will answer, I just want to get this sorted
Dawn

Post subject: Re: Mandarin fading & the holden dealer is blaming Ford
Posted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:28 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: Vixen Red 09 FG XT

QLD, Australia

That's wrong bro! Dealerships can be a royal PITA, especially if you're buying a different badge. Get a lawyer on their a**, they will snap their feet together pretty f**k quick. As for making you pay for the paint, tell them to shove a gear stick up their asses for fun.

VIXEN FG XT Previous best - 14.431 @ 99.69mph with minor mods
Currently 14.235 @ 101mph same mods. Bring on the 13's!

Posted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:39 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: ef falcon, el fairmont ghia

New Zealand

yep i would diff get a lawyer asap, it would cost less in the end and be much quicker. that's one of meany reasons i don't buy from a holden dealer. DODGY!

Posted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:57 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: 1995 EF Falcon

SA, Australia

Its certainly the dealer, the panel shop isnt incompetent its just that the dealer doesnt want to pay them sh!t to fix the problem.
Despite TheKrazeD's Cruze fetish he's speaking sense, the dealer's pulling a swifty and you're not aware of the legal bullsh!t.. they are, theyve been thru this dozons of times, get a lawyer and stop corresponding with the dealer the lawyer will handle them.

Anyway, you'll be awarded costs.

South Australia.. Heaps good.

Posted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:32 am 
Oompa Loompa

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: BF Falcon XT

TAS, Australia

agreed! ... even the presence of a lawyer will make them think more seriously about how to deal with your case. at the moment they are just messing you around cause they can. you need to show that you mean business!

"only milk and juice comes in 2 litres..."

Posted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:59 am 
Fordmods Newbie

NSW, Australia

Thanks for all your advice so far....

So do u guys think I shouldnt even bother with Consumer Affairs Tribunal, cos thats where its at or just go straight to a lawyer?? Any suggestions on who?? Newcastle or preferably the Central Coast area

Ive seen a few mandarin's around sadly Im wondering if the owners are aware that their paint is possibly fading too

I do know that there is one in Newcastle that was purchased from a dealer up there I took mine to Kloster Ford Bodyworks and the girl thought my car was the one she saw the previous week at a dealer close to their shop.

Posted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:15 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: BF Falcon XT

TAS, Australia

I haven't had much experience with the C.A.T. or heard of much to do with them, but if they are heavy handed go for it.. if the big name car-yard is likely to push them around as well, i wouldn't worry about it.. who knows? you might end up on a current affairs/today-tonight ;) .. they'll listen to you then!

"only milk and juice comes in 2 litres..."

Posted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:01 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Ride: '03 BA & '06 BF Wagooons

VIC, Australia

Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:29 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

NSW, Australia

There's still some good people out there Mad2.

Shes all one color now and im as happy as

this is how she looks now.

Attachments:
IMG_0123.JPG
IMG_0123.JPG [ 480.35 KiB | Viewed 258 times ]

Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:09 pm 
NSW Cruise Moderator

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: TE50

NSW, Australia

Give us an update on the story and how you achieved the result. You never know who the information will benefit.

I have a car.

Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:26 pm 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 26 images

Ride: BA XR6T, 93 EB XR8, ZJ 351

NSW, Australia

dawnie wrote:
There's still some good people out there Mad2.

Shes all one color now and im as happy as

this is how she looks now.

I parked behind a mandarin xr last year that looked like it had faded to a different degree on each panel! I overheard two women saying they thought it was "one of those colours that changes from different angles"!

93 EB S-XR8 5 SPEED,
EBGT RIMS, AU MAF, AU T/B, BOXED POD, CAI,
ELGT EXTRACTORS & SPRINT EXHAUST

BAXR6T Lowered, Kompact BOV thats all....so far
ZJ 351 Fairlane, a work in "slow" progress

Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:54 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

NSW, Australia

Ive seen a couple on the coast, one of them is an absolute shocker he thinks it looks good, but its fading in streaks down the doors...... wtf??!!

I will have to try and get a pic next time i see it parked

Unfortunately dc_todd as much as I would love to help anyone who has the same troubles I did, because I know how much stress and crap u have to go through when everyone tries to brush you off, I had to sign a confidentiality agreement

But returning a missed phone call had me in tears and jumping around the house "like a d**k" as my son put it at the news of a respray

Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:05 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 18 images

Ride: Envi EF

NSW, Australia

So full respray courtesy of the dealer then.

>>>EF Futura T build<<<

Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:29 pm 
NSW Cruise Moderator

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: TE50

NSW, Australia

krisisdog wrote:
So full respray courtesy of the dealer then.

Reading between the lines,

Yes.

I have a car.

Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:58 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

NSW, Australia

replying out of the lines

no

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 2  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next