Fordmods Logo

Melb Stage 3 restrictions and your car. 

Page 2 of 2 [ 24 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Posted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 5:36 am 
Getting Side Ways

[self-deleted]

Last edited by blackjack_original on Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 8:29 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: 2009 FG XR6 Sedan

VIC, Australia

As most will agree especially living near the Eastlink project in Melbourne that when it does rain which is normally just a shower your car ends up being covered in brown dusty dirt which is like sand paper. Then you get idiots writing "wash me" on the boot or something. Now i really cant see the problem with taking 10ltrs or grey water to fill your bucket at the car wash and just use thier filtered water to wet and then rinse. It really is a matter of profit over saving water and looking after your asset. They wont give a rats if the brush or soap (what ever it is) damages your car. I wouldnt be surprised after Jan 1 that the price will be the same but the time limit will halve at these greedy wash places. I have a karcher at home that cost me $250 which uses 80% less water then a hose or bucket to wash your car but now its usless even if i use greay water or rain water. Stage 2 restrictions shouldnt have stopped from earlier this year.

Posted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 8:45 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Falcon

VIC, Australia

I work for a gov department that manages water among other things and the figures you see getting thrown around by the water resources department would do more than scare the s**t outta ya. We had a water resourse expert from *f**k-knos-where* say that they can see Australia being evacuated when it runs out of water. Now I dont believe that to be a shred of truth but it does highlight that there is a massive problem, and little s**t like stomper up there would do better to at least try to save some of the resource that he will no doubt be screaming for by the time hes an older bloke.

Case in point a bloke at the latest water conserative meeting noted that if you had have bought water allocations 10 years ago for lets say $100 you could sell those same allocations now for in excess of $100K each! Yahoo was a piss in the ocean when it comes to stock rises!

I couldnt fix your brakes so I made your horn louder

Posted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 1:52 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: EL XR6

VIC, Australia

it costs me 5 bucks to do my car with rinse, wheel cleaner, low pressure soap, high pressure soap, high pressure rinse, hot wax or clear coat protector and then finally spt free rinse!! takes about 10 mins so im not worried about taking a sponge etc - it comes up clean as a whistle!!

Posted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 2:03 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: E39 523i / EF Fairmont

QLD, Australia

We're on Level 4 now, and for now I've been using this laserwash at a 24/7 place (with the manual crap with the scratching brushes).

The laserwash is an automated tunnel thing like others, but it doesn't use any brushes. Just high pressure hoses on mechanical arms and soap and blah blah blah.

Doesn't do a perfect job always, but reasonably priced, easy and doesn't fudge the paint.

My dad, my brother and I have decided to put in for a high pressure hose at some point. We've got an extra wheelie bin, so we'll get buckets of water, and fill that up, and stick the high pressure hose in here. 8)

E39 523i
EF Fairmont

Posted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 3:08 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EL Fairmont, VFR400 racer

Power: 144 rwkw

VIC, Australia

EFFalcon wrote:
just do what i do... don't wash the car :P

ZING!!! I don't clean my car often...I let the rain do it and that's it hahaha...

phong =P~

phongus = Post whore 2006
EL XR6 motor, EL ECU + J3 chip, WADE 1673 Camshaft, 3" S/S intake, Pacy 4480, 2.5" Hi flow cat, 2.5" Lukey exhaust.
Max Power = 144.6 rwkw (03/05/2008)

Posted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 3:49 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: '98 EL Fairmont

VIC, Australia

I just moved into a house with a couple of mates and we have recycled water running to the front tap so we can wash our cars and water the lawn any time we want.

Posted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 4:06 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 14 images

Ride: ebxr8

SA, Australia

ZING!!! I don't clean my car often...I let the rain do it and that's it hahaha...

phong =P~[/quote]

Well your car must stay dirty, as it doesn't rain much anymore more. :lol:

Posted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 11:12 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EB Fairmont

SA, Australia

I've stopped washing my parents cars. I take them down to this dazzlers place in parafield one day and hose them down. Only costs a dollar.

Doin it for Scotty.

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2