Fordmods Logo

Merge EL XR and BA GT front bars. Trial fitting looks good!! 

Page 4 of 4 [ 49 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post subject: Re: Merge EL XR and BA GT front bars. Trial fitting looks good!!
Posted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:22 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: 1990 ea 5 speed

SA, Australia

thats lookin unreal mate excellent work how well did the xr grill suite the ba bumper or did ya av to play aroun alot

89 ea falcon " panda" ef 5spd i6 engine with wade 1673 cam shaved ported head, full stainless 2 n half inch zaust 20 inch rims n 330mm brake upgrade soon to hae m90 blower running 12 pound pulley :D

Posted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:12 pm 
Smokin em up

Ride: 1995 EF Ford Fairmont

QLD, Australia

frankieh wrote:
yeah... I have some 5 1/4 130watt spotties for the corners, and some black grill mesh for the intake..

thinking of making a custom intake behind the XR inlet at the top..... I have all the bits already and there is a ton of room back there that is going to waste...

i dunno bout spotties i reckon it would look kinda funny?
if u wanted and awesome air intake id say run a pipe from both holes in the bottom and put mesh across the front then connect em up to theair box some how
would give u awesome amounts of cool air that you could run straight to the air box without even going near the engine
and it looks like theres alot of room behind the bumper

Posted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:28 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 32 images

Ride: BA XR6T (mix of BA, BF and FG)

WA, Australia

The spotties go in the factory places in the bottom of the BA bar... they go behind and you only see the lenses though the holes where they fit. There'd be two big holes in the bar without them.

As for the air intake.. I have some 5 inch PVC pipe and a big plastic drum type of air box from an older Suzuki Sierra.. If I cut slots in the pipe to match the two holes in the EL XR bar on either side of where the ford badge goes.. I can plump that to the Sierra airbox which should fit behind the bar a bit further down, (which will have the biggest Pod filter I can fit in there in it) and run that to the supercharger intake then the water to air intercooler (which goes where the factory airbox is) and onto the BBM intake. Should fit my goal of being mostly invisable and still provide awesome breathing, particularly at speed.

Posted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:33 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 32 images

Ride: BA XR6T (mix of BA, BF and FG)

WA, Australia

ea street sleeper wrote:
thats lookin unreal mate excellent work how well did the xr grill suite the ba bumper or did ya av to play aroun alot

Had to play around a bit as the bars are not the exact same contour or length.. but really all you have to do is put a lip around the whole EL piece at the bottom.. find the middle of both bars halfs and match them up... screw the middle together and work your way out to the sides till you have them joined.

Then take them apart again, put some really decent polyurathane glue or something in there and screw them back up again. (which is easy cos you all the holes to line up now)

Then get a fibreglass kit and glass over the join using lots of resin and work it all in... the result is stronger than the EL bar ever was....

My silver EA is just about ready for sale.. so I can stop working on it weekends and just do the EL.. then I should have the bar finished and on my EL in no time.

Sort by  
 Page 4 of 4  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4