Fordmods Logo

Mirror tinting tail lights?!!?!?!? 

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Post subject: Mirror tinting tail lights?!!?!?!?
Posted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 12:55 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: BA XR6

NSW, Australia

ok ba xr6, now the car is silver and i want to spice up the tail lights a little just to make the car unique. now black tint on a silver car, thats just silly, only a p plater would do such a silly thing :P . but now if i could mirror/silver tint the tail lights now that would be unique. has anyone attempted/heard of such an idea.
im not worried about the legal side of it, if i do it, contact will be put on the lights and then tinted on. so if the piggys pull me over i can just peal it off.

BA XR6
Performance mods: typhoon + territory pipe with K&N filter, full exhaust, BPR generic tune, lowered, xr6t front brakes, territory rear brakes
Visual mods: 19" rim, lower grill mesh, oil pressure and vacuum gauges, engine bay lighting, foot well lights
some of my main mods

Post subject: Re: Mirror tinting tail lights?!!?!?!?
Posted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:11 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

come on anyone know anything, i know it is a truly unique question :lol:

BA XR6
Performance mods: typhoon + territory pipe with K&N filter, full exhaust, BPR generic tune, lowered, xr6t front brakes, territory rear brakes
Visual mods: 19" rim, lower grill mesh, oil pressure and vacuum gauges, engine bay lighting, foot well lights
some of my main mods

Posted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:22 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 18 images

Ride: EF Falcon

SA, Australia

i guess its possible... i dont know how well it will last, and alot of heat shrinking will be required to get it to fit right... and from experience heat shrinking the mirror tint leaves marks in the tinting... (unless i just done it wrong) but its worth a try! wouldnt mind doing this myself.. :D

Falcon Build http://www.fordmods.com/post1285079.html#p1285079

Posted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:07 pm 

Ride: AU XR8

NSW, Australia

the problem i see, aswell at police defecting for the mirror tail lights is if someone runs up your a** and you have the mirror stuff on your lights,
your insurance will put you at fault due to the possabillity of the car behind not being able to see your lights...its your car you do as you wish, but if i ran up your a** because i couldnt see your brake lights due to the mirror stuff, i would be wanting to shove whats left of them where the sun dont shine,,,lol....

Posted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:56 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

haha yer, and thats the reason why i probably won't do it, cause lets face it for it to look good, it needs to be a fairly strong tint, and thats just asking for trouble :roll: lol

BA XR6
some of my main mods

Posted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:26 am 

Ride: AU XR8

NSW, Australia

it would ok if you could get covers made up that cliped on, but you could only use them for photo's or to show the car off..

Posted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:02 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Quote:
troyman
it would ok if you could get covers made up that cliped on, but you could only use them for photo's or to show the car off..

or use an electrostatic film, that way they can be pealed off and on with no dammage to the lights or film and no residue

BA XR6
some of my main mods

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 7 posts ]