Fordmods Logo

Mirrors 

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Post subject: Mirrors
Posted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 3:42 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

SA, Australia

Hey I was just wondering if any one knows how to take a mirror apart?
My parents have an NF ghia, with the Chrome finish around the mirrors. My mum managed to brake the mirror off but just a plastic ball but with out that piece on there mirror wont stay on. Then dad tried to fix it but broke the orange clip so two plastic bits are now broken. So they brought it to me… finally.

But I figure with out that main plastic bit the mirror it self won’t hold on so we went on got another one. The only one’s they have are the mirrors with the black finish around the edge. Which means the chrome on the car had to come off to fit the mirror. And eventually it will strip it self off in the wind unless I glue it down but I don’t want to glue it.

So I’m wondering if any one knows how to dismantle the mirror it self. I want to swap over the mounting piece with the mirror assembly piece. I know they can come apart because there is a hose like connection (the one that you plug on the end of the house with the 8 little plastic bits that bend over it) has 4 small bits and 1 large bit. You can push the smaller ones inward and I know in assembly they push the both together.

I’ve searched the forums and the net and can’t seem to find any. So I thought I’d ask the experts. And if anyone does know, also a tip on how to get the mirror piece off would also be handy. Cheers…

PS, they are electric

Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 5:56 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

SA, Australia

Bump...

Doesn't any one know how to dismantle a ford mirror ? :(

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]