My Clear Taillights installed 

Page 1 of 5 [ 66 posts ] Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post subject: My Clear Taillights installed
Posted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 10:42 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: 98 Patrol

QLD, Australia

Got my taillights today and instantly installed them. Love them or h8 them i think they look good... Just need some wheels now :D

Posted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 12:47 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 34 images

Ride: BF MK11 XR 6 TURBO ZF 6spd

Power: 225 rwkw

NSW, Australia

have seen quite a few new sets springing up here and there on members cars but not with cars that have rear wings... looks allright.. although makes the rest of the car look undone... :idea: -now for more mods... :lol:

PS.. the globes you get with the lights are crap.. they shine orangey red.. get the replacement brake light globes from K-mart for $2.00... they shine brighter and much more red... :wink:

Posted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 6:31 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 23 images

Ride: XR6 Turbo

NSW, Australia

Welcome to the club champ

SS Inductions CAI, K&N Filters, M-spec FMC, Turbosmart BOV, 8psi capa tune, X-force cat.

Mods going on: Nizpro springs, bosch 040 pump + Walbro gss341, 600cc injectors, PWR transcooler, 20% Underdrives, 15psi Actuator, Kingspring SSL's, 15psi tune.....More coming

Posted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 7:02 am 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

fordfreak ef wrote:
have seen quite a few new sets springing up here and there on members cars but not with cars that have rear wings... looks allright.. although makes the rest of the car look undone... :idea: -now for more mods... :lol:

PS.. the globes you get with the lights are crap.. they shine orangey red.. get the replacement brake light globes from K-mart for $2.00... they shine brighter and much more red... :wink:

I know i need mods bad. Will be getting Fairmont side moulds colour coded, wheels. And in the future XR kit and a slightly lower. And yeh i read ya post about the lights that come with it but mine dont seem to be that bad. They shine brighter then my standard taillights did. Where did u get your lights from?

Post subject: Re: My Clear Taillights installed
Posted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 7:26 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 14 images

Ride: ebxr8

SA, Australia

daggy082 wrote:
Got my taillights today and instantly installed them. Love them or h8 them i think they look good... Just need some wheels now :D

Thats it a set of wheels will do wonders 8-)

Posted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:47 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Soarer 2.5GT-T

VIC, Australia

omg it looks the same as everyone else that posts up a pic of their clear taillights, and they still look gay and are not ADR compliant.
try losing your mudflaps and getting some rims, you need clear side indicators to match the rears, and window tinting would help.
my vote is debadge the rear. falcon badges look homo.

Posted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 11:13 am 
Tyre Shredder

NSW, Australia

Soulfire wrote:
omg it looks the same as everyone else that posts up a pic of their clear taillights, and they still look gay and are not ADR compliant.
try losing your mudflaps and getting some rims, you need clear side indicators to match the rears, and window tinting would help.

Do you post anything even vaguely constructive? When you buy a car that a man should be driving, you can put s**t other guys, seriously mate, get some friends or something, surely you must have something better to do with your time.

Daggy.... Looks sweet as mate! Don't worry about what soulfire said, as usualy he's talking out his a***, in your case anyway, not sure about Victoria, but in NSW and QLD they are legal. Here's a link to the information booklet regarding what you can and can't do to your car. Tailights are not even mentioned.

Doesn't mention tailights, as long as your brake and tail lights are red, your indicators are orange and they have reflectors, which your ones do, your should be right mate. The only time guys get done for this sort of stuff is when you get pulled over something else, so be sensible, and even if they are illegal (I'm 99% sure they aren't though) you'll be right.

Posted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 11:36 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 23 images

Ride: XR6 Turbo

NSW, Australia

soulfire always says that about clear lights so dont worry lol

SS Inductions CAI, K&N Filters, M-spec FMC, Turbosmart BOV, 8psi capa tune, X-force cat.

Mods going on: Nizpro springs, bosch 040 pump + Walbro gss341, 600cc injectors, PWR transcooler, 20% Underdrives, 15psi Actuator, Kingspring SSL's, 15psi tune.....More coming

Posted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 12:14 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: Da Maverick & xe ute

VIC, Australia

id be tempted to tint the clears a little i dont like the clear plastic shine but they look good on your car, defo get clear sideys 2 and it would look nice n clean.

Mods: sprint kit, steeda short shift, svo lip, El handles, El Air intake, au xr wheels, lukey cat back, jbl focal and pioneer sterio <--- Sold

Xe ute - Bright green with 302

Da maverick - Straight gas turbo

Posted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 5:23 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

5tumpy wrote:
Soulfire wrote:

Do you post anything even vaguely constructive? When you buy a car that a man should be driving, you can put s**t other guys, seriously mate, get some friends or something, surely you must have something better to do with your time.

Daggy.... Looks sweet as mate! Don't worry about what soulfire said, as usualy he's talking out his a***, in your case anyway, not sure about Victoria, but in NSW and QLD they are legal. Here's a link to the information booklet regarding what you can and can't do to your car. Tailights are not even mentioned.

Doesn't mention tailights, as long as your brake and tail lights are red, your indicators are orange and they have reflectors, which your ones do, your should be right mate. The only time guys get done for this sort of stuff is when you get pulled over something else, so be sensible, and even if they are illegal (I'm 99% sure they aren't though) you'll be right.

LOL ive never listened to a word he has said... his car looks like ne other soarer ive seen to so i dont much notice to him. They are the slightly tinted taillights but the photo is in the sun. Also soulfire im in the process of doin stuff 2 it. I havnt got the money 2 do everything at once. Im buying wheels next week so atleast im starting. I took the mudflaps off yesterday but put them back on cause paint is missing under them. Wen i have time they will get taken off and patched up. So everything u said didnt help me at all... and to the ppl who are decent thanks 4 ya comments :D

Posted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 6:04 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Soarer 2.5GT-T

VIC, Australia

Meh, I have sideskirts and a front lip here for my car, just haven't gotten around to fitting them.
It's just you lot crack me up because so many people call jap cars with clear taillights rice, then congratulate people for putting clear taillights on their falcons - leaves me a little confused.

Yeh, the paint damage underneath the mudflaps is a pain in the a**, my mont and xr had the same problem, just attacked it with touchup paint lol - but clear side indicators will definitely match up the look a bit.

Posted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 6:58 pm 
Tyre Shredder

NSW, Australia

Gotta love it how he's an a**hole until some people tell him where to go, then he turns into mr nice guy....

At any rate, I have altezzas on my AU, and I think they really enhance the look of any car.

Good to hear you're not stopping there daggy, the car will look awesome when you're done with it!

Posted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 8:36 am 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

Just purchased some second hand 17inch wheels :D Just crappy avanti racing wheels. Common as dog balls but still look better the then the classic wheels. $450 and $200 4 adapters. Didnt want to have 2 use adapters wanted atleast 17's very soon and couldnt find ne thing around wat i could afford but 4 $650 all up cant complain. Just start saving 4 18-19's now :D Image

Posted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 8:40 am 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

Soulfire wrote:
Meh, I have sideskirts and a front lip here for my car, just haven't gotten around to fitting them.
It's just you lot crack me up because so many people call jap cars with clear taillights rice, then congratulate people for putting clear taillights on their falcons - leaves me a little confused.

Yeh, the paint damage underneath the mudflaps is a pain in the a**, my mont and xr had the same problem, just attacked it with touchup paint lol - but clear side indicators will definitely match up the look a bit.

I dont think taillights on jap cars are rice at all. If makes ya car look diff and u like it good luck 2 u. I have a tube of touch up paint my mate made up 4 me at his workshop and he just told me 2 use that. And where can i get the side repeaters from?

Posted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 10:50 am 
Fordmods Newbie

VIC, Australia

good stuff, i personally like the clear taillights, but i prefer them without a wing but each to their own. good luck with your future mods, look forward to seeing what you do with it.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 5  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next