Fordmods Logo

Narva Arctic Blue headlights 

Page 2 of 4 [ 54 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Posted: Sun May 01, 2005 6:51 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: No Fords current

TAS, Australia

twirqurky wrote:
Are they worth it thpough? Like how much better are the then standard bulbs?

The HID kits are awsome, the light is only 30W and it's bright as, not to mention the colouring is cool too! But for the price of them it's just not worth it unless you very much value your lighting!

Posted: Sun May 01, 2005 6:57 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 30 images

Ride: Blown XR8

VIC, Australia

Also, like the packs always say, make sure you don't touch any of the glass of the globe with bare hands, cause the acid on your hands causes them to blow, whether it be right away or 9 months down the track for instance.

It's a bit of a b**ch not touching any part of the globe, especially when trying to install it in the XR's. So that might help to prolong their life.

Dave

Posted: Sun May 01, 2005 7:59 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: BF XR8 UTE

VIC, Australia

i got the some phillips crystal vision globes and they look sweeeet! Cost me a fair bit but i was told they are the best around. i also did my high beam globes and my parkers.

Posted: Sun May 01, 2005 8:20 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 24 images

Ride: BF MKII XR6 Turbo

SA, Australia

Yeah i was told about the crystal visions, but apparenly they are illegal arent they or am i thinking of the diamond visions... or is that the same damn thing? :roll:

Oh well but yeah arctic blues are s**t better than your usual globes they really do make a hell of a difference!

I bet thats what happened hey, i had an electrician put the globes in for me the first time, mabe he touched them and did not tell me about it!

But yeah in the Xr's they are too fricken hard to do, but im not gonna take it to an electrician again thou! I will just have to take the battery out and airbox so i can reach the bastards! :lol:

Image -BF MKII XR6 Turbo in EGO-

Posted: Sun May 01, 2005 8:40 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: BA MkII XT Wagon

NSW, Australia

its not that hard to do it with all that stuff still in, i found it fairly easy!

Posted: Sun May 01, 2005 8:44 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

Pulco wrote:
its not that hard to do it with all that stuff still in, i found it fairly easy!

I can't imagine the XR's being that much different to the GLi's, I mean the headlights are after all in the same position and all that. I can change all my globnes without removing any of that, it's not the easiest way, and hands get scratched, but doable.
Stuff needing an electrician to change a headlight globe!
Philips Vision series of globes range from $50.00 to $150.00 at Autobarn.

Posted: Sun May 01, 2005 8:58 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

Hmm i tried it once and i know i couldnt even get my hand through the gap to put the RH side globe in! :roll: I could of done the other side but i needed to remove something in order to get to it :?

When i buy em tommorow i will have another go and would it pay to put on clean gloves or something, will this stop the globes from blowing if they get touched?

Thanks again :P

Posted: Sun May 01, 2005 9:08 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: 1994 ED XR8 Sprint

QLD, Australia

if you touch the glass, wipe them down with metho, and if you *have* to touch the glass, grab the bulb using some tissue paper

i've got a set of philips crystal vision bulbs in atm, good s**t except my reflectors ae f**k from someone using high wattage bulbs at some point..... also, shop around, when i got my crystals, there were $105 for a pair of H4's, now they're $115, but at another place (that's even more out of the way, believe it or not) they're only $85

Banned

Posted: Sun May 01, 2005 9:12 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

LOL i dont have time to shop around, i gotta get em b4 i start work tommorow night! :roll:

$30 aint that bad, but yeah i will see how i go putting in the globes! they were easy with the XF when i had that, then i had to get an XR and now i cant even change a damn light bulb! :roll:

Oh well, if i have to take out the battery then thats what ill do :roll:

Posted: Sun May 01, 2005 9:23 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Lancer Coupe

VIC, Australia

here comes some year 8 science paying off.

Halogen globes have this special gas in them that when the filament breaks downs and goes into the air in the globe it makes it get attracted back to the filament. So they are suppose to last longer.

OMG, you see, thats what they should teach in schools, s**t that blokes are gonna be interested in. Like what to do when you dont know what other engine mods you can do to your car. and cheap power gains without thinking neons will shave the extra second off your 1/4 mile.

Cheers

Posted: Sun May 01, 2005 9:27 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

Hmm this helps me how.. Oh sorry teacher i was being a smartass! I will go outside now.... :lol:

Naa seriously i did not know that but yeah thats what they should be teaching in schools :wink:

Posted: Mon May 02, 2005 2:56 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 1 images

NSW, Australia

I'm using narva artic blue, and i havent had any problems yet :) but I was goin to get the philips blue vision ones and i was ready to fork out 60 bucks for the blue vision ones but the auto barn dude said it wasnt worth the extra when you can get an equivalent: Narva Artic Blues for $25 and they are made in Germany as well.

Plus they're rated a 4000k brightness which is better than standard globes and i think the rated same as the Philips blue vision.

If you want a mojor step in improvement, they recommended Phillips diamond vision which was $140 :shock:

I just bought the philips blue vision parkers and narva artic blues and it cost me $35 all together.

Posted: Mon May 02, 2005 3:51 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

DA S PAK wrote:
I just bought the philips blue vision parkers and narva artic blues and it cost me $35 all together.

The pHilips Blue Vision parkers arn't wroth much, I've put blue sleeves on mine (I never use the park lights by themselves) and this way it puts a bit of a blue streak in my headlights when the normal lights are on!

Posted: Mon May 02, 2005 4:34 pm 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: BA XR6 Falcon

VIC, Australia

I am using these bulbs I bought from Auto-pro, and the rock.

They are 90w low beam and 130w high beam.

They look really good, they llok like there is about 3 different colors in them when on high beam and on low they give this green look to them, really bright and they lasted me about 1.5 years and they only cost $20 thanks to the trade discount.

Jesus Drove Fords

Proud Owner of a XR6 MkII

Posted: Mon May 02, 2005 4:42 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: ED shagger wagon

QLD, Australia

yeah it is easy. i dont have an XR, but i managed to change the bulbs out on my cibie super oscars which sit behind an expanded mesh guard with about about 25mm to move!

oh yeah, it is critical that you do not touch the glass- fatty acids from your fingers will blow em up quicker than a fantastic plastic doll at a male teenage party :o

1994 ED wagon, 5-post bullbar, IPF 900XS spots, UHF

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 4  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next