Need help ASAP please 

Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

Post subject: Need help ASAP please
Posted: Sat May 26, 2012 10:45 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: Ef Fairmont

NSW, Australia

The mrs has just got back from the shops and some d**k in a new 4x4 has decided to not look and backed right into the Ef Fairmont. He has dinted the metal on the ford sign under the tail light on the r/h side, smashed the r/h rear tail light and scrapped the rear bar. I am looking at being fair and doing the repairs myself, can that rear metal piece that sits under the rear tail lights be unbolted and replaced?

Post subject: Re: Need help ASAP please
Posted: Sat May 26, 2012 11:01 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF XR6,

NSW, Australia

Yes

BF XR6
xr8 snorkel,typhoon lower snorkel,territory intake pipe,20% underdrive kit,pacemaker extractors,high flow cat,xforce exhaust,t56 conversion hd turbo clutch/ flywheel,m86 3.45 lsd,custom tune187.1rwkw as an auto

Posted: Sat May 26, 2012 11:09 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Thanks Bry. f**k me, the mrs is WAY too trusting. She got his details and gave him hers and drove off. Now nobody saw anything and she did not call the cops so he is saying its now both there faults and its her word against his. She had the car in drive when he hit her. We havent got insurance as I earn $530 a week doing 60 odd hours a week in pest control and my rent is $300 a week so its hard enought to register the car let alone insure it. We might be f**k

Posted: Sat May 26, 2012 11:44 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

I had this problem, a lady hit me and destroyed a car I was borrowing, my phone was flat and she said the cops didnt need calling, so I went to the police and made a statement, she got done for neg driving and my friend got payed out for the car I had borrowed. So make sure the police are notified for everything

BF XR6
xr8 snorkel,typhoon lower snorkel,territory intake pipe,20% underdrive kit,pacemaker extractors,high flow cat,xforce exhaust,t56 conversion hd turbo clutch/ flywheel,m86 3.45 lsd,custom tune187.1rwkw as an auto

Posted: Sat May 26, 2012 12:07 pm 
Getting Side Ways

79raven wrote:
as I earn $530 a week doing 60 odd hours a week in pest control

a bit off topic, but dude wtf, time for a change me thinks.

the mrs works at a supermarket $19 part time, 30hrs a week = $570

Posted: Sat May 26, 2012 12:12 pm 
VIC Cruise Moderator

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: ed

VIC, Australia

FordFairmont wrote:
79raven wrote:
as I earn $530 a week doing 60 odd hours a week in pest control

a bit off topic, but dude wtf, time for a change me thinks.

the mrs works at a supermarket $19 part time, 30hrs a week = $570

yeah i think its tame for a change, i manage a small buisness and im getting $750 pw for a 38hour week

94 White ED Wagon
eaton M112 supercharger, lowered a tad, extractors, 2.5" exhaust, T5 , custom SureCam supercharger cam, 3.45 lokka, 2 piece tailshaft, poyair bags in the back, TSS front Skirt, Sprint skirts, XR wagon spoiler.
soon to get: AU diff, upc 330mm brakes, Vapor LPG injection.

Posted: Sat May 26, 2012 12:28 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: EF Fairmont

NSW, Australia

Have a panel here as well as a tail light. Give me a yell if you want them. Panel is in white. How is the boot?

Posted: Sat May 26, 2012 1:11 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Thanks Paul, boot seems ok. Looking at waiting till monday when this guy reckons he is going to call his insurance and then I will know if he is going to be as honest as he says he is or of Im up for the repairs. I will keep you posted mate.
yeah I know guys, I work hard in REALLY horrid conditions and get really nothing. I want to start my own bussiness in pest control but have to wait to save up the cash to get get the basics, meanwhile the Ef's got an external head leak, the injectors and pump are constantly playing up due to a faulty sender and my wife not listerning to me on keeping fuel in it, I just paid rego and was hopeing to use the baby bonus from our new born to fix the Ef's problems before the prang and pay bills..... and get a new couch as the one we have we got off freecycle and it stinks of cat and dog piss from the last owner. Life is sucking bad atm and I really didnt need this, but we will get through, we always do. The help of guys like SWC who helped me when the car would not start the day after the 1 week cooling off period had ended has kept my head afloat. I hate to have to ask for help but the big heart of others has been my only savior. All this comes down to is if my boss would just pay a decent wage instead of being greedy I wouldnt have to ask, and jobs aint that easy to come by as we all know

Posted: Sat May 26, 2012 1:16 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: EL GLi

79raven wrote:
Ef's got an external head leak

Check out my build thread, on the last page I fixed my head leak with CarGo Sealup on the recommendation of uniacidz, it might help you out.

Build Thread

the-garage-f53/benno-the-viking-s-el-t111731.html

Ain't nuthin' to it but do it!

Posted: Sat May 26, 2012 1:22 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Benno The Viking wrote:
79raven wrote:
Ef's got an external head leak

Check out my build thread, on the last page I fixed my head leak with CarGo Sealup on the recommendation of uniacidz, it might help you out.

+1 them seal ups are a good fix, when i was getting my el ready for rego and the ef started leaking from head gasget i just put some similar stuff in it and it regained its power back and stopped leaking water

BF XR6

Posted: Sat May 26, 2012 1:49 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Ill give it a go thanks. I did put Bars stop leak in it not too long ago and it helped a little but also fried the 1000k old oil and I had to do an oil change ( leaks only external and no oil/water mixing though). Did have a sender purchased off here but its been sent on the 7th of this month from about 2.5 hours drive away and has still not shown. Safe to say its gone. Going to get some refurbished au injectors for $100 off ebay when I can as its cheaper than getting the ones I have cleaned. The exhaust manifolds in need of being replaced and I got a pair of Lukey extractors off ebay for $37, but I have been quoted between $300 to $1500 locally ( including Penrith) to have the stock cat chopped to fit, so they will have to wait. The head, I can get a reco/exchange with warranty and cam for around $500 then with the vrs I could have it done for under $1000 if I do it myself including buying a torque wrench/oil/coolant/pump etc. I have a manual on cd, Im not stupid and I have a more than average Joe mechanical knowledge so I am hopeing I will be ok. The head might go tomorrow or last for another 10 years, but it will eventually go from an external to internal seeing the coolant is degrading the gasket. I dont know if I have to but I am also thinking seeing she has 175 thou on the motor the timing chain should be replaced while the water pump is off?

Posted: Sat May 26, 2012 1:54 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 95 EF GLI

VIC, Australia

pity you arent in melbourne mate, i have a bottle of CarGo Sealup you can have as i dont need it

95 Ef Gli, mods : Tickford Head, Tickford ecu, Pacemaker 4499, Venom 100 cpi cat, Redback 2.5" catback, Wade 977b cam, ba xr6 intake and SS inductions, k & n filter & leather seats. 147.5kw @ wheels

Posted: Sat May 26, 2012 4:52 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: EF Fairmont

NSW, Australia

Happy to help you out with the Cat cut and shut if you are interested.

Posted: Sat May 26, 2012 6:25 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

SWC wrote:
Happy to help you out with the Cat cut and shut if you are interested.

Certainly mate, ill see what this guy says on monday about the repairs and if he does what I think he will ill grab the parts off you and bring the girl down with me to get the extractors fitted from you. Id rather get them done by someone who gives a s**t anyway than some bloke on $16 who dont give a s**t. Once I find out on Monday Ill drop you a post and grab some prices off you. Cheers again

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 14 posts ]