Fordmods Logo

NEW CAR!!!! 

Page 2 of 4 [ 47 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Posted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 4:25 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Falcon GLI

WA, Australia

photos taken from a nokia 6230 thats y the colors aernt great, in WA every man and his dog has an xr6 with the standard rear spoiler, i wanted a unique car then i found out the faggot round the corner bought a standard xr6 in seduce so the spoiler wasnt enough to make me feel better so i moved on to the interior :D but all u lot in WA will deffinately be able to pick it on the road, followed in in my mums commodore spoiler makes it stand out great. imo u cant have a body kit without having the rear wing, and if some1 else already has all that get a bigger wing :D

Posted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 4:32 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: BA/G ute, EB XR6,

WA, Australia

i like it man looks good if u like it f**k wot every1 else says. its a good colour well done nice choice

Last edited by Lil Regy on Fri Dec 22, 2006 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 4:35 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Falcon GLI

WA, Australia

yer i guess there jealous cos im the only1 here running a bf2, i think

Posted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 11:56 pm 
Tyre Shredder

NSW, Australia

Yeah, don't listen to haters mate, it's your car.

And definately don't listen to soulfire, he's just jealous cos he couldn't afford to run a real car anymore, so he copped out and bought the jap-crap...

Hey Soulfire.... Don't you have some stickers to be putting on your car man like all the other ricers? If you can't say anything constructive, go to a jap-crap forum buddy, we don't wanna hear it!

Posted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:55 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Soarer 2.5GT-T

VIC, Australia

5tumpy wrote:
Yeah, don't listen to haters mate, it's your car.

And definately don't listen to soulfire, he's just jealous cos he couldn't afford to run a real car anymore, so he copped out and bought the jap-crap...

Hey Soulfire.... Don't you have some stickers to be putting on your car man like all the other ricers? If you can't say anything constructive, go to a jap-crap forum buddy, we don't wanna hear it!

hahahahahaha.
Given my car was exported to most of the world as a US badged Lexus, does it really deserve the ricer title? I'm not the one with a GT wing on a stock car ;).
Either way, I'm not here to hijack the thread, I just gave my opinion.

Posted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 10:48 am 
Tyre Shredder

NSW, Australia

Lexus' are still toyotas mate, same s**t, different stink.

It's his car, stop putting s**t on him... If he wants to put a spoiler on it, its his perogative. If you don't like it, STFU! He didn't ask for your opinion, he simply annouced that he had just picked up his new car.

Hahaha, sorry to jack the thread, but I just read that Toyota Soarers didn't even come in manual. LMAO, get a real sports car mate! Sif you would buy an auto jap car!

Posted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 12:05 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: Da Maverick & xe ute

VIC, Australia

soulfire ur soarer is green isnt it? anyway i love the colour seduce man looks very hot

Mods: sprint kit, steeda short shift, svo lip, El handles, El Air intake, au xr wheels, lukey cat back, jbl focal and pioneer sterio <--- Sold

Xe ute - Bright green with 302

Da maverick - Straight gas turbo

Posted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 5:38 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: Falcon

SA, Australia

5tumpy wrote:

It's his car, stop putting s**t on him... If he wants to put a spoiler on it, its his perogative. If you don't like it, STFU! He didn't ask for your opinion, he simply annouced that he had just picked up his new car.

Hahaha, sorry to jack the thread, but I just read that Toyota Soarers didn't even come in manual. LMAO, get a real sports car mate! Sif you would buy an auto jap car!

They are a luxury car like the fairlane. Electric everything IIRC and they have no go and weigh 2.5tonn, come in pissamp V8's and look like s**t.

And dont give us crap about liking family cars with big motors. The Toyota Soarers are family cars too BUILT FOR JAPS. You know what a jap is? 4 foot tall, glasses and drives an annoying peice of s**t that is common as dogs balls.

Nice car dude. I have never been a fan of the GT wings. IMO ford made some damn ugly wings. The supercar kit for EF is an example (although is that a genuine ford thing, i think it is). Car is a nice colour. Seen the colour in real life. I suggest the only mod is the Barra 260 (i think its the 260). Anyway its the turbo BF II one.

HOLDENS go like rockets. They fall apart in stages!!!

Posted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 5:40 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: Falcon

SA, Australia

Sorry its the barra 245

HOLDENS go like rockets. They fall apart in stages!!!

Posted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 5:50 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

stomper wrote:
5tumpy wrote:

They are a luxury car like the fairlane. Electric everything IIRC and they have no go and weigh 2.5tonn, come in pissamp V8's and look like s**t.

And dont give us crap about liking family cars with big motors. The Toyota Soarers are family cars too BUILT FOR JAPS. You know what a jap is? 4 foot tall, glasses and drives an annoying peice of s**t that is common as dogs balls.

Nice car dude. I have never been a fan of the GT wings. IMO ford made some damn ugly wings. The supercar kit for EF is an example (although is that a genuine ford thing, i think it is). Car is a nice colour. Seen the colour in real life. I suggest the only mod is the Barra 260 (i think its the 260). Anyway its the turbo BF II one.

f**k sake, I didn't want to hijack this thread talking about my car but both of you are idiots.
- Turbo Soarers came in 5 speed manual, v8 soarers did not.
- My car weighs 1540kg numbnuts
- The UZFE v8 is a modular v8, and has plenty of potential - came about a long time before the BOSS's that we have now...
- Never said my car wasn't a family car, nor did I make fun of anybody with a falcon, I'm still a ford fan hence why I'm a member here, I just bought the best car in the price range I set myself, and no falcons where there... a 208kw 2.5L twin cam TT 6 seemed to be a slightly better buy than a 160ish kW 4L that's slower and uses more fuel

Posted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 6:54 pm 
Tyre Shredder

NSW, Australia

According to the redbook website buddy, there is no soarers that have manual gearboxes:

1990: http://www.redbookasiapacific.com/au/ve ... year=19900

1991: http://www.redbookasiapacific.com/au/ve ... year=19910

1992:
http://www.redbookasiapacific.com/au/ve ... year=19920

1993:
http://www.redbookasiapacific.com/au/ve ... year=19930

1994:
http://www.redbookasiapacific.com/au/ve ... year=19940

Want me to keep going?

If you don't want to jack his thread, then don't put s**t on his car you bloody hypocrite!

Posted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 6:57 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: WRX

Power: 132 rwkw

VIC, Australia

I agree with soulfire about the last statement he made.
But then twin turbo, and 208kw... wtf. seems like f**k all for TT.

I hate soarers, they look like crap imo, just too long and sleek. There seems to be alot with the yellow light problem the fords get too.

I like the xr, not the biggest fan of the wing on non gts, but if you like it mate thats what counts. i just love em dumped on their a** with no spoiler, looks sweet.

And enough of the ricer/ford bagging.

Car Killer.

Posted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 8:10 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 1993 EB XR8

QLD, Australia

The Soarer did come in a 5 speed manual, but it is rarer than rocking horse s**t... IF you can find one, they command $2-3000 more than an Auto

ILL60 - EF XR8, Sunroof, Ticky Kit, 19x8.5/19x11 TE37's, 347, AFr185's, TFS BoxRcustom converter, Hurst Quarterstick, huge billet cam.

OO0Y4 - BA2 XR6 Turbo, Nizpro Plenum, Process West stage 3 cooler, 4” dump, 3.5” exhaust, ID1000’s, ZF Auto - 11.8@116

Posted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 1:18 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

redbook certainly isn't the best reference for imports, they miss out all the models really- they only gloss over it, the soarers (again, turbo, not the 8) come with the R154 (I think) 5 speed gearbox. Check carsales, or even do a search on soarercentral.com, as 67RCE said, they are a lot more expensive, up to 5k more expensive (the manual conversion is about 3k just to supply) but it suffers the same problems as the BA in that the 4 speed auto holds more power better than the manual.
i definitely understand people not liking the look of the soarer, it kinda grew on me and with the new bits on should look a lot more like a normal car... they are a very weird shape.
Seannyb, 165kW seems like not much for a 5L v8 too... The soarers still had japanese power and emissions restrictions to abide by, the turbos are really small too and only run 8psi factory - there's plenty of potential there.
i don't get what makes me a hypocrite, i thought the car looked a shade of pink (admittedly in a fairly harsh tone), and I don't think the wing suits the kit. Thread got hijacked by people making digs at me, which I'm obviously going to reply to.

Posted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 6:04 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: EFII Fairmont

WA, Australia

For starters we all know the XR6 here isn't pink. Lets not kid ourselves.

I like it, but I wouldn't go for the rear wing that I could use as a patio at home.

As for the Lexus Soarer, I like 'em. And the V8's are creamy and very very strong. But then again, I happen to like the Lexus brand.

Soulfire what torque does your engine produce?

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 4  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next