Fordmods Logo

Newby wants to askan all too familiar question 

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Post subject: Newby wants to askan all too familiar question
Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:32 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: NC Fairlane Ghia 5L

QLD, Australia

Hey just bought myself a stocko, very clean 94 NC Lane Ghia v8. Got some very big plans for her and I'm starting with the wheels. Been researching and reading and trying to make sense of all this pre AU offset numbers and spacers and... Can someone please just tell me if i can fit these sexc wheels ive found with these stats; 5x114.3 stud pattern Onsoku Racing one-piece, 17 x7", Offset +42. Centre bore is 74mm. What would I need to do to get them under my limo please¿ :?: :?: :?:

Post subject: Re: Newby wants to askan all too familiar question
Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:43 pm 

Ride: AU XR8

NSW, Australia

no...
your nc has an offset of +6.. a +45 will hit your suspension

Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:45 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: S1 eb 5speed

NSW, Australia

Search function man.
And if you can't work fordmods search then google you're question because if it's x e a b series falcon fordmods WILL show up haha.
I googled "pre au falcon offset" bam a few different threads from fordmods with the exact question and answers.

Pre au offset it +6

Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:47 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: EF Fairmont

NSW, Australia

X through tp E series are +6 offset, AU on are +36 offset. The stud pattern has remained at 5 x 114.3mm.
As your rims that you wish to buy are 42mm offset you will need to run hub adapters, 38mm are a common size. Will give you a +4 offset.

On another note, Hub adapters are illegal and will void your insurance if you are caught out or get you a defect.

Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:56 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: Ef Fairmont

NSW, Australia

SWC wrote:
X through tp E series are +6 offset, AU on are +36 offset. The stud pattern has remained at 5 x 114.3mm.
As your rims that you wish to buy are 42mm offset you will need to run hub adapters, 38mm are a common size. Will give you a +4 offset.

On another note, Hub adapters are illegal and will void your insurance if you are caught out or get you a defect.

Seriously OP, I wouldnt go hub adapters even if they were legal. There has been many that have failed and you dont want that at 110. Better off looking for another set now you have the right spec's.
Good to see another Nc 8 around. I had one a few years ago, called it the love boat. They are like a v8 arm chair. There are plenty of good advise on here about mods too for them, do a search for Nc and see what comes up. Apart from that enjoy the site and welcome

Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:11 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Sorry, forgot Nc wont work on the fordmods search bar. Most parts are interchangeable under the skin from EA to EL and some interior bits aswell as body parts. Theres a thread on here I think called the fairlane and LTD thread that will give you heaps of inspiration. Also try underdrive pulleys and gt40p on the search bar. Hope that helps

Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:42 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: NC Fairlane Ghia 5L

QLD, Australia

Very dissapointing news but thanks heaps for ya'll replies, much appreciated fellas. Can see I'll be a regular here as all i do is eat, s**t and lack sleep about what i can do to make her a gem lol. Jus hope my wallet can keep the pace. Anyhew.. I think I'll take Ravens advice and leave the hub adapters alone and reluctantly keep searching for other set of rims. Thanks for the welcome :D

Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:45 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

LimoLad75 wrote:
Very dissapointing news but thanks heaps for ya'll replies, much appreciated fellas. Can see I'll be a regular here as all i do is eat, s**t and lack sleep about what i can do to make her a gem lol. Jus hope my wallet can keep the pace. Anyhew.. I think I'll take Ravens advice and leave the hub adapters alone and reluctantly keep searching for other set of rims. Thanks for the welcome :D

Wasnt my advise but SWC's mate. I just added my bit. You'll enjoy this site I hope. There are plenty of great members with heaps of knowledge. See you round

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 8 posts ]