Fordmods Logo

Overhaul Super Pursuit 

Page 1 of 4 [ 47 posts ] Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post subject: Overhaul Super Pursuit
Posted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 6:31 am 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: FPV Super Pursuit

NSW, Australia

Have finally finished the work on my BA Super Pursuit - work has been constant over the last 6 months by a dedicated crew of quality craftsmen to make the car a one off peace of moving art.

Custom 2 tone paint by House of Kolor - Kandy Tangerine over Silhouette with the break being a band of Kandy Violette over Metallic Gold - Pinstriping is 75% Lime & 25% Yellow.

Custom Rear Entertainment Unit by Black Needle - All of the panels were individually done by hand ( it is not a mold ) each panel is divided by a band of stainless steel - every second band has a blue LED Spotlight shining down the band - the same feature is carried through from the floor. Sound System is a JVC Multi Media head unit with Alpine Speakers and Amps - based around a 27" LCD Television Screen - The system is run by a bank of 3 12v Dry Cell batteries.

The same style has been carried through to the drivers cabin where you are surrounded by a cocoon of luxury leathers, suede and vinyls.

Wheels are Koya Rogue 20"x8.5" chrome which fit nicely over the Brembo brakes - Rubber is front - 225x35s - rear 255x35s.

The custom Aggressor Bonnet took over 6 months of design and development and is a working bonnet - 4 Air inlet flutes are on each side of the bonnet bulge with an air outlet at the rear of the bulge. A whole new inner skin was needed to allow for a smooth flow of air through the engine bay. Made of the highest grades of material, it certainly is a great head turner. As for the finish on the bonnet - as its innagural show the car took out Top Paint and last weekend took out the Overall Champion award at a car show.

Lots of thanks must go to the quality workmanship on the car - just goes to show that there are Aussies out there who can do great work if given the opportunity to bring their creations to the road.

Ciao - James

Attachments:
promo 1.jpg
promo 1.jpg [ 54.81 KiB | Viewed 184 times ]
100_2586 (600 x 450).jpg
100_2586 (600 x 450).jpg [ 46.51 KiB | Viewed 185 times ]
2003_0101newwheels0004.JPG
2003_0101newwheels0004.JPG [ 776.51 KiB | Viewed 240 times ]

BA Super Pursuit - Aggressor Bonnet & Front Bar -Rear Entertainment Unit - 33" TV - Custom Interior - Reverse Camera - 2 tone HOK Paint - Advanti Rims - 20x8.5" front - 20x10" rear - 20x10" Custom Trailer - Winner Ute of the Year Deni Ute Muster 2008

Posted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 6:46 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: fairmont

QLD, Australia

omg that is smicko, did ya use to own that wiked GT with tribal airbrushing on it mate?? i remember reading somewhere that ya nex project wasnt going to be as extreme lol

welcome to the forums*picks tongue off ground* the rear tub looks insane very pimpin

Now i have a EF XR8 5spd.........mmmmmm 5L

Posted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:01 am 
Stock as a Rock

NSW, Australia

Hi - yes I did use to own the HOK Tribal GT - was not going to do anything to this one but the bug got hold of me again.

Ciao - James

BA Super Pursuit - Aggressor Bonnet & Front Bar -Rear Entertainment Unit - 33" TV - Custom Interior - Reverse Camera - 2 tone HOK Paint - Advanti Rims - 20x8.5" front - 20x10" rear - 20x10" Custom Trailer - Winner Ute of the Year Deni Ute Muster 2008

Posted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:58 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: fairmont

QLD, Australia

lol it always happens mate, you got any other plans for the ute?

Now i have a EF XR8 5spd.........mmmmmm 5L

Posted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:30 am 
Stock as a Rock

NSW, Australia

Not much more I could do to the car - I have not gone into engine mods at this time as I am happy with what the car produces - I have a AWC cold air induction, Batton power tube and BMC air filter on the car and this is enough for me. I had spent quite a few dollors on upgrading the GT with engine mods but at the end of the day, the amount of extra kws produced was not worth the money spent.

Ciao - James

Posted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 9:02 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: Trik'd up EFII XR6

WA, Australia

Its an incredible car mate .. an inspiration and outdoubtably one of the finest fords out there :D ... that bonnet is awesome love the inlets...

Is the floor etc in the boot suede or velour?

Again incredible mate looks amazing..

For Sale: 25 Farad Rockford Fosgate Competition Series Carbon Cap, more to come - pm me if interested

Posted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 9:23 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: E39 523i / EF Fairmont

QLD, Australia

Very nice, I think were you are at Ford Day down Gold Coast way too yes?

E39 523i
EF Fairmont

Posted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 9:25 am 
Stock as a Rock

NSW, Australia

Thanks Big Kev, the material in the rear is suede - the main colour being Ferrari Red and the floor is done using Capsicum Red.

I have my own personal website which takes you through the complete build of the car- as there are too many images to post on the forum you can go to the site and view the work in detail.

http://www.superpursuit.info/spmysp.htm

Ciao - James

Posted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:08 am 
Stock as a Rock

NSW, Australia

Till_Lind wrote:
Very nice, I think were you are at Ford Day down Gold Coast way too yes?

Was up at the AFD on the Gold Coast - was visting relatives and took the car out for the day.

Ciao - James

Posted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:27 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF Falcon

QLD, Australia

ahh i remember seeing this car on the HoK website! very shmick mate.

Nicco's M112 Blown, T-56 equipped EF
forums/viewtopic.php?t=68319

Posted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:30 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EL XR6

VIC, Australia

very very nice - looks unreal!! love the paint job and the panel van look! Also when you have a car that look thatgood - and goes good out of the factory you dont really need massive engine mods because everyone will be looking at the paint and interiors!!

Posted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:31 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Soarer 2.5GT-T

VIC, Australia

jesus. that's a lot of work right there. respect!

Posted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 11:13 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: Trik'd up EFII XR6

WA, Australia

YTMONT wrote:
jesus. that's a lot of work right there. respect!

I reckon imagine the $$$ :P ... so'd the HOK GTP sell mate ?

Website looks good too.... that paint scheme is wikid and cant get over that bonnet

For Sale: 25 Farad Rockford Fosgate Competition Series Carbon Cap, more to come - pm me if interested

Posted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 11:27 am 
Stock as a Rock

NSW, Australia

Thanks for the compliments guys -

The car is featured on the HOK website for its Overlay Paint work - lot more paint work went into the car than detailed on the HOK editorial - basically what they are indicating is that you can get an overlay paint job for around $6000. Mine was quite a bit more than that due to the canopy and also I brought the Kandy Tangerine onto the front bumper - Meguiar's are also featuring the car in its advertising in Car Magazines. Australian Utes will be doing a feature story on the car at a later date.

Traded the GT in on the Super Pursuit - was happy with the trade otherwise would not have done the deal - as always, would have liked a bit more money but you have to be realistic in this world - anything is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it.

The bonnet certainly gives the car an aggressive look - it is one of those things - you either like it or don't. I had the bonnet built to suit my requirements. Due to the large costs involved in making the bonnet I am making it available for sale - have to try and get some of the costs back. The total investment in the bonnet is close to $15,000 so it would be good to get some of it back and at the same time make it available for others who might wish to update their BA/BF Ford.

Ciao - James

Posted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 2:46 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: 5 Star Boxcar

NSW, Australia

nice work and effort! i remember seeing your GT and the gulf western factory and outside JAX penrith lol

Kezz's 5sp Box Car ---> RPD enhanced with a bunch of other stuff

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 4  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next