Fordmods Logo

People with surface rust (read) 

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Post subject: People with surface rust (read)
Posted: Thu May 05, 2005 6:30 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 24 images

Ride: BF MKII XR6 Turbo

SA, Australia

HI all, just went and treated my car with some paint doctor, which is a paint umm well a paint doctor :roll: Having a white car you notice it alot more but not ne more you dont!!

I had little bits of surface rust in some pretty common and some not so common parts of my XR.

Put some of this CRC paint doctor on it and it came up beautifly, i seriously think you would need a magnifing glass to see the areas that i have just worked on.. Its crazy the car looks so much cleaner now. did all my boot, the spoiler edges, and on the roof along the plastic seals.

Damn it works good, car looks like new!!! :shock: I have a picture of the specific product that i used so if you want to check it out PM me or email me and i will send you the picture.

But the product is from CRC and its a black and red tube with Paint Doctor written on it. Only cost $15 at most car stores. You should check it out and give it a go, best thing about it is that it removes the stains etc and adds a full carnuba wax finish to it! So using it along the window seals where you may have some surface rust, could be quite benifical. :P

Ne way just thought i would let everyone know, definately a good investment if youve got a white car! :D

Image -BF MKII XR6 Turbo in EGO-

Last edited by XRFan101 on Fri May 06, 2005 2:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Thu May 05, 2005 10:15 pm 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

does this stuff only work on white cars? coz my poly green xr has just a few scratches on her after a barbed wire fence jumped out...

Posted: Thu May 05, 2005 10:19 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: BA MkII XT Wagon

NSW, Australia

nah its good for every colour

Posted: Fri May 06, 2005 2:53 am 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

Yeah naa its good for ne car duco, but as white cars tend to show rust a little bit more thats why i said its great for white cars coz it work pretty damn well. :wink:

Hmm i should have done some before and after photos.. :roll: ne way if you want to see the product feel free to PM me and i will send you the photo of the product.

Posted: Fri May 06, 2005 9:31 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: No Fords current

TAS, Australia

So what, you just wipe it on and then whipe it off? I might see if we have any at work

Posted: Fri May 06, 2005 11:49 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

twr7cx wrote:
So what, you just wipe it on and then whipe it off? I might see if we have any at work

Well basically, you clean the surface first (dont use waxes or polishes etc) Then get a cloth which wont harm the duco then dampen it with some water then apply the paint doctor to the the cloth, (never apply straight to paint) and gently rub in the product until you start seing the stain/rust disappear. after that wipe it clean again with another damp cloth.

Thats it, pretty easy stuff, it would be worth washing the area after wards as well but again dont use wax or polishes in the treated area as it already applies a carnuba wax coat as you remove the stain/rust.

Also what i mean by stains is, house paint/car paint (not your own obviously) oxidisation etc. Its very easy to do and damn cheap.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ]