Fordmods Logo

Pics of members cars with Low, supers and ultras (E-Series) 

Page 3 of 5 [ 65 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Posted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 4:00 pm 
Getting Side Ways

MadMatt wrote:
Your car is also on short stroke shocks that have the spring saddle mounted lower on the shock strut.

Well if thats the case then thats pretty fukin dodge. Them C*** who make them should be outta business.

Just as well mongoose didnt fit "Low" springs or it prolly wouldve sat higher than stock height !!!

Posted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 6:23 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: EF Falcon

QLD, Australia

lol, woulda been close

mongoose, what struts do you have? and where did you get your springs from?

If i were you, id be double checking that you got the springs you were told you have

this is how mine sit, these are "control" springs from whiteline (read: low)

(and yes, i know i am missing a centre cap. lol)

Attachments:
File comment: Whiteline lows
0712080036.JPG
0712080036.JPG [ 275.32 KiB | Viewed 158 times ]
File comment: For reference sake, how high mine was when i bought it
3.4 Front.JPG
3.4 Front.JPG [ 305.99 KiB | Viewed 140 times ]

Nicco's M112 Blown, T-56 equipped EF
forums/viewtopic.php?t=68319

Posted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 8:41 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 18 images

Ride: XW, EL, Territory, VFR800

Power: 129 rwkw

SA, Australia

Guys.. Please don't insult me by thinking I haven't checked what springs I have. I am 100% sure I have superlow springs (in the front). Front are Pedders superlow springs with short stroke Sports Ryder shocks and rear is low springs (which sit level with front due to my stereo gear) with short stroke Koni shocks.

Posted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 10:57 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 97 EL Fairmont

Power: 247 rwkw

SA, Australia

My car in its stocko form.....gotta love those grandpa hubcaps :D

I will back mongoose up on the height saga, this was miles higher with the 235 17's on than it was with the 205 15" stockies

With 17's and stock suspension

And here is mine dumped with superlows in the rear and lows in the front with gabriel shortened stroke shocks in the front and kyb's in the rear. The shortened stroke shocks are the reason the front sits so low with only low springs.

1998 EL XR8 - Opt 20, Explorer Manifold, Pacemaker 4000's, Sunroof, BBQ Fuel

1975 XB Falcon 500 - 351 2V, Toploader, Twin 2.5", Genie headers, Holley 750

Posted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 11:52 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: 2009 FG XR6 Sedan

VIC, Australia

MoNGooSE wrote:
Guys.. Please don't insult me by thinking I haven't checked what springs I have. I am 100% sure I have superlow springs (in the front). Front are Pedders superlow springs with short stroke Sports Ryder shocks and rear is low springs (which sit level with front due to my stereo gear) with short stroke Koni shocks.

No one is insulting you but they certainly dont look like superlows. Depending on weight of car the top of the tyre should sit flush if not inside the guard. How long were the springs in before the pics were taken as they may have not settled yet. Ive added a pic of mine when on superlows in stock 15" on the current 17" the tyre sits just inside the guard so i went back to lows all around.

Attachments:
DSC00559.JPG
DSC00559.JPG [ 544.74 KiB | Viewed 187 times ]

Posted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 12:00 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 23 images

Ride: GLXR 6

WA, Australia

Im actually in the same boat as mongoose. Superlows all round, with the sports ryder crap shocks..
Front sits high like mongoose.
Ive always wondered why mine isnt flush with the wheel, or tucked under. The rear is fine.
Might take it back to pedders - see what they can do.
Have had this suspension for ...6 months or more, so settling in period is sure to be over lol.

Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 8:12 am 
Smokin em up

Ride: Toyota Landcruiser Series 100

VIC, Australia

joolz wrote:
MoNGooSE wrote:

No one is insulting you but they certainly dont look like superlows. Depending on weight of car the top of the tyre should sit flush if not inside the guard. How long were the springs in before the pics were taken as they may have not settled yet. Ive added a pic of mine when on superlows in stock 15" on the current 17" the tyre sits just inside the guard so i went back to lows all around.

hey Joolz,

thats the look I want as im keeping the stockies on.

did u have any probs with speed humps?

Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 8:30 am 
Parts Gopher

Gallery: 7 images

VIC, Australia

MoNGooSE wrote:

Hey MoNGoose, you know what you need to do....

Sorry, I just couldn't resist! LMAO :D :D

Attachments:
Grind it.jpg
Grind it.jpg [ 2.45 KiB | Viewed 1868 times ]

Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 9:34 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 18 images

Ride: XW, EL, Territory, VFR800

Power: 129 rwkw

SA, Australia

lmao... Thought about it... Biggest problem for me is the fact that, if I did lower it anymore (which would make it look much nicer) my front would scrape on absolutely everything. I've been as careful as I possibly could since I fitted my kit and I've still cracked the lower front with how much it scrapes. So sadly this is as low as I'm going to go while my car is a daily driver.

Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:37 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EL XR6, Blueprint, Turbo

VIC, Australia

heres mine on ultra lows all round on 19's

everytime ive been pulled over, its never been too low

even "Cook", melbourne western suburbs people would know him, said it was too low when looking at it but rolled the wheel under and it cleared everything by a good few cm.

every person in the back complains about ride quality but and thats with new shocks.

Attachments:
100_0302-800.jpg
100_0302-800.jpg [ 39.18 KiB | Viewed 199 times ]

Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 6:03 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: 2009 FG XR6 Sedan

VIC, Australia

YBHVE4 wrote:
joolz wrote:
MoNGooSE wrote:

hey Joolz,

Speed humps were ok but the exaust where the cat joins was the lowest point and would touch speed humps. I was done for 7mm under legal height at that point (even with it raised as much as possible without getting too close to the floor). It may have looked good but couldnt put anything in the boot or carry passangers as the rear would drag on its a*** with a hard ride.

Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 8:15 am 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

joolz wrote:
YBHVE4 wrote:
joolz wrote:
MoNGooSE wrote:

hey Joolz,

Speed humps were ok but the exaust where the cat joins was the lowest point and would touch speed humps. I was done for 7mm under legal height at that point (even with it raised as much as possible without getting too close to the floor). It may have looked good but couldnt put anything in the boot or carry passangers as the rear would drag on its a*** with a hard ride.

mmm...rats and you had supers all round on 15's.

well i need mine to still be user friendly and carry ppl when needed plus its a daily driver. Also forgot to mention that im planning to dual fuel it Jan/Feb 2008....and will be staying with my 15's.

My front isnt too bad. would like it come down a little but the rear is what drives me bananas. it has as much gap in the guard from the top of the tyre as my dad has on his pajero

Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 1:22 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Gallery: 9 images

VIC, Australia

Superlows, Boge Shocks, 18's

Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 4:37 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: Liberty MY04 4GEN Luxury

VIC, Australia

Ultralows :D

www.lukehimself.net

Posted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 12:04 pm 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

man...with rims ultras dont look how a ultra low should.

well now i think im going to hunt for some supers and work from there.

Sort by  
 Page 3 of 5  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next