Page 1 of 3 [ 44 posts ] Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post subject: power windows from hell! hell i tell you!! grrrr
Posted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 3:00 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: falcon

VIC, Australia

stupid power windows!!!

my drivers side power window is starting to 'try too hard' to get up he he he sounds like some of you guys here i bet...

anyways... it seems to be struggling to wind u, and its on a slight angle when it struggles... any ideas??

Team Cant Stop the Doof Doof

cubic inches - holdens excuse for old technology

Posted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 3:42 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: EF II Futura

NSW, Australia

have you put silicon spray in the window channels

Posted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 5:16 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: Ef Fairmont

NSW, Australia

You can spray all the silicon spray you want it aint gunna help, i can tell you that the ford power windows are a s**t desighn if your windows rockin front to rear of car its stuffed they have a plastic runner that runs up and down on a steel slide the plastic wears out and you cant just buy that part you have to get the lot ,your glass will wobble it gets stuck.This happened to me about a year ago had to get a new one from ford $285 ,i think there over $300 now,theres a pair selling on ebay not sure what price there up too they started at $125 each
Not hard to replace either.

Posted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 5:32 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Falcon EB-s

WA, Australia

efster wrote:
You can spray all the silicon spray you want it aint gunna help, i can tell you that the ford power windows are a s**t desighn if your windows rockin front to rear of car its stuffed they have a plastic runner that runs up and down on a steel slide the plastic wears out and you cant just buy that part you have to get the lot ,your glass will wobble it gets stuck.This happened to me about a year ago had to get a new one from ford $285 ,i think there over $300 now,theres a pair selling on ebay not sure what price there up too they started at $125 each
Not hard to replace either.

But if the runners are sticky, it will hold that edge of the window, making it tilt and hard to go up. And look at it this way, silicon spray is cheap, so give it a whirl

The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?

Posted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 6:37 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 24 images

Ride: BF MKII XR6 Turbo

SA, Australia

My front passenger electric window struggles to function as well. LOL works really good when its been raining thou :roll: Im gonna try the spray stuff as well. Might as well git it a shot. :wink:

Image -BF MKII XR6 Turbo in EGO-

Posted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 6:47 pm 
Getting Side Ways

XRFan101 wrote:
My front passenger electric window struggles to function as well. LOL works really good when its been raining thou :roll: Im gonna try the spray stuff as well. Might as well git it a shot. :wink:

ours is the opposite...wd40 helped for a while...i'll get some silicon spay soon tho :D

Posted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 7:10 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: 2008 WQ Fiesta XR4

SA, Australia

Mine were getting pretty slow, even slower when they were wet. Silicon spray did the trick.

2008 WQ Fiesta XR4
2007 LS Focus CL

Posted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 7:42 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: PX2 Ranger 4x4 XLT Dual CAB

VIC, Australia

Never mind the Silicon spray it does very little, the only way to fix it properly is to replace the window motor assembly and the window channels.

She's meanness put to music and the b**ch is born to run!
Like the sign says, "speed's just a question of money. How fast can you go?"

Posted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 7:56 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF Typhoon

VIC, Australia

madmax wrote:
Never mind the Silicon spray it does very little, the only way to fix it properly is to replace the window motor assembly and the window channels.

Incorrect, it does do a fair bit, the glass will slide up easier even if its having no problems in the 1st place, also its quieter!
My old fairlane has shocking when in the rain, to the point it would stop and had to be pulled up!
Silicon spray and a good cleanout fixed that up well enough for me to not wanna buy new runners or what not.
On my FBT they are fine but i sprayed it down there none the less to make it a lil smoother, not much difference if any as they are still like new.

Put it this way, buy it as it works great on many things, its cheap and cant make it any worse, give it a chance!

BF Typhoon, Dejavu - 6sp Auto, Leather, Sunroof, 19"s, Electric Pedals, Tint, FPV Sports Wheel, FPV Mats.

Posted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 10:38 pm 
Getting Side Ways

it's simple to fix and you have already said the main problem. the glass is tilting when it goes up.

take the door trim off an adjust the the glass where it bolt to the reg.
the channels are designed to operate dry so spraying them is the wrong way to fix (or should i say cover up) the problem..

Posted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 11:33 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: 2009 FG XR6 Sedan

VIC, Australia

my el fairmont was tilting also, all i did was adjust the channels and the position of the bracket on the botton centre of the window for the cable. was tilting fwd so i moved the bracket fwd, was a bit of stuffing around but it worked. now just have to do the passanger side! oh and after applied a little silicone spray as it repels water!!

Posted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 2:00 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 24 images

Ride: BF MKII XR6 Turbo

SA, Australia

Yeah mine really shat themselve when i first bought the XR, it wouldnt go up at all! Took it to a Electrician and he had to get a panel beater to look at it as the problem seemed to be their was something obstructing the window!!!

I dont know what he did to fix it but it worked fine after that. But it still takes ages to go up. :roll:

Image -BF MKII XR6 Turbo in EGO-

Posted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 11:41 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: FBT

VIC, Australia

My drivers window is doing the same thing. I will have to give it a try

"12 yards long, two lanes wide, 65 tonnes of american pride" Fairlane

Posted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 6:28 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: PX2 Ranger 4x4 XLT Dual CAB

VIC, Australia

[quote="Daniel]Incorrect, it does do a fair bit, the glass will slide up easier even if its having no problems in the 1st place, also its quieter!
[/quote]

Not so much as incorrect! That was just my experience, Silicone spray may have help for some others, but it did nothing to help my windows, and was not recommended by a mate who works for ford.

She's meanness put to music and the b**ch is born to run!
Like the sign says, "speed's just a question of money. How fast can you go?"

Posted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 7:32 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: Ef Fairmont

NSW, Australia

Uh yes silicon spray will work for a little while but you will be putting the new motors in soon ,mine rocked back and forth about 1 inch play no adjusting would help towards the end, i had to pull it up by hand.
Ford origanaly put a silicon spray on out of the factory you can buy the stuff from Ford but around $40.
Belive me been there done that and now the passanger side is doing it and when it gets to the top fully closed the plastic gears inside are grinding its a common falt with them.
:lol:

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 3  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next