Fordmods Logo

Rear wing......on panalvan 

 

Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

 
 Post subject: Rear wing......on panalvan
Posted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 8:54 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 32

Posts: 972

Joined: 6th Feb 2005

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: XHII pano, Landau

Location: S.E Subs
VIC, Australia

now that ive got your attention :P

I was looking at a ute with a nice canopy last night night and it had a wing built into it. Now i was thinking what if i cut the legs down on say a venom wing and put it on the pano......i like the idea of having a high led brake light for 1 thing and i kinda think i would like the look. What do u guys think???

 

_________________

Automatics only come in assult riffles
---------------------------------------
www.aussiecoupes.net

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 9:06 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 31

Posts: 11103

Joined: 15th Nov 2004

Ride: AU III XR8 Pursuit 250 ute

Location: Hobart
TAS, Australia

I'll get a picture in a minute of my EF with a spoiler/wingy thingo on the a**.

Here's what the dust deflector spoiler thingo looks like on a white EF wagon at night (crap time to take photos), I know it's not a pannel van, but it's close than a sedan is! I reckon it looks awsome, and so do those that have noticed, even the me mates who reckoned it would look gay before I did it. It's not that noticable though, heaps of hatchbakcs and 4WD's have them aswell!

 

 

Attachments:
DSCN1219.JPG
DSCN1219.JPG [ 109.54 KiB | Viewed 27 times ]
DSCN1218.JPG
DSCN1218.JPG [ 121.33 KiB | Viewed 29 times ]
DSCN1217.JPG
DSCN1217.JPG [ 132.43 KiB | Viewed 27 times ]

 

_________________

Heaps of performance EF/L parts for sale, including supercharged VCT motor!

2002 Ford AU Series III Falcon XR8 Pursuit 250 ute - 5.6L of V8 Windsor!

Last edited by twr7cx on Mon Jul 04, 2005 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 9:11 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 44

Posts: 10126

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: EF Gli Ghia, XP Fairmont

Location: Perth
WA, Australia

it would look like the a-team van!! lol

 

_________________

Owning 1 of 67612 EF GLi Sedans made
FACT: "Chuck Norris owns the greatest Poker Face of all-time. It helped him win the 1983 World Series of Poker despite him holding just a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno."

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 9:38 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 31

Posts: 11103

Joined: 15th Nov 2004

Ride: AU III XR8 Pursuit 250 ute

Location: Hobart
TAS, Australia

another one

 

 

Attachments:
DSCN1220.JPG
DSCN1220.JPG [ 124.19 KiB | Viewed 23 times ]

 

_________________

Heaps of performance EF/L parts for sale, including supercharged VCT motor!

2002 Ford AU Series III Falcon XR8 Pursuit 250 ute - 5.6L of V8 Windsor!

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 10:40 am 
Stock as a Rock
Offline
User avatar

Age: 38

Posts: 183

Joined: 5th Apr 2005

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: NC fairlane + f150 4X4

Location: berwick
VIC, Australia

twr7cx wrote:
dust deflector spoiler thingo


does it deflect dust the ones on the old kingers force air down the back to reduce suction (drag) your wing looks ace but if it adds drag your back window will get dustier.

I vote for the wing regardless as I don't have to wash the car anyway. goodluck

 

_________________

If mistakes are the best way to learn why the hell arn't I a freekin genius yet.

I AM THE SPELLING KING BEHOLD MY
ineqati-inekwati-enequoati.....crapness!

Image

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 10:54 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 31

Posts: 11103

Joined: 15th Nov 2004

Ride: AU III XR8 Pursuit 250 ute

Location: Hobart
TAS, Australia

dalesf150 wrote:
twr7cx wrote:
dust deflector spoiler thingo


does it deflect dust the ones on the old kingers force air down the back to reduce suction (drag) your wing looks ace but if it adds drag your back window will get dustier.

I vote for the wing regardless as I don't have to wash the car anyway. goodluck


Well a mates old man helped me fit it and he was telling me that the concept originated with the Valiant wagons or soemthing tand worked really well. I havn't washed my car so I couldn;'t tell you which dust is new or old. The spray job was a back yard job and I need to wait two weeks till I can cut and polish it and wash the car so it's all hardened and that as we didn't have an oven to bake it.

 

_________________

Heaps of performance EF/L parts for sale, including supercharged VCT motor!

2002 Ford AU Series III Falcon XR8 Pursuit 250 ute - 5.6L of V8 Windsor!

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 5:30 pm 
Parts Gopher
Offline
User avatar

Age: 37

Posts: 56

Joined: 13th Nov 2004

Ride: ED shagger wagon

Location: Corner Bumf**k and you gots a pretty mouth
QLD, Australia

twr7cx wrote:
dalesf150 wrote:
twr7cx wrote:
dust deflector spoiler thingo


does it deflect dust the ones on the old kingers force air down the back to reduce suction (drag) your wing looks ace but if it adds drag your back window will get dustier.

I vote for the wing regardless as I don't have to wash the car anyway. goodluck


Well a mates old man helped me fit it and he was telling me that the concept originated with the Valiant wagons or soemthing tand worked really well. I havn't washed my car so I couldn;'t tell you which dust is new or old. The spray job was a back yard job and I need to wait two weeks till I can cut and polish it and wash the car so it's all hardened and that as we didn't have an oven to bake it.
mate where did you get the wing from or did you make it? i'm looking at one for my ED wagon. how much was it??

 

_________________

1994 ED wagon, 5-post bullbar, IPF 900XS spots, UHF

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 7:56 pm 
Commercial Sponsor
Offline

Age: 65

Posts: 463

Joined: 4th Dec 2004

Ride: AU ute

Location: Canberra
ACT, Australia

I can do them for $260, unpainted.www.canberracarstyling.com.au

 

_________________

Commercial Sponsor
Canberra Car Styling
[url=canberracarstyling.com.au]Image[/url]

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 10:56 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 31

Posts: 2449

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Ride: Falcon EB-s

Location: Manjimup
WA, Australia

I might be able to get you a picture of a panel van with a wing on the back this saturday. If you cut down the legs on a sedan one, itll be too wide and will stick out the sides. Looks horrible

 

_________________

The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
Image

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 2:43 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 31

Posts: 11103

Joined: 15th Nov 2004

Ride: AU III XR8 Pursuit 250 ute

Location: Hobart
TAS, Australia

Bob Hall wrote:
I can do them for $260, unpainted.www.canberracarstyling.com.au


I got mine from Bob at Canberra Car Styling. Looks like the price has gone up a tad though.

 

_________________

Heaps of performance EF/L parts for sale, including supercharged VCT motor!

2002 Ford AU Series III Falcon XR8 Pursuit 250 ute - 5.6L of V8 Windsor!

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 9:52 am 
Fordmods Junkie
Offline
User avatar

Age: 36

Posts: 5563

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Gallery: 14 images

Ride: NF Fairlane [BLUBEL]

Location: Melbourne
VIC, Australia

The spoiler on that wagon is the kind we had on our van!

Will try and find a picture!!

 

_________________

Image

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 10:44 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 32

Posts: 972

Joined: 6th Feb 2005

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: XHII pano, Landau

Location: S.E Subs
VIC, Australia

Andrew J wrote:
I might be able to get you a picture of a panel van with a wing on the back this saturday. If you cut down the legs on a sedan one, itll be too wide and will stick out the sides. Looks horrible


If you could that would be great :)

 

_________________

Automatics only come in assult riffles
---------------------------------------
www.aussiecoupes.net

Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 12 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

 

 

It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:25 am All times are UTC + 11 hours

 

 

(c)2014 Total Web Solutions Australia - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names