Fordmods Logo

Removing Overspray and Laws Regarding Painting 

Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

Post subject: Removing Overspray and Laws Regarding Painting
Posted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 3:42 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 4 images

QLD, Australia

Guys, the dude next door is a "professional" spraypainter and does most of his work out on minesites however he also does quite a bit of work at home (light industrial area) out in the open air, he does not have a spray booth. As a result, I have massive amounts of overspray over both my cars now (buying a portable carport ASAP). Can anyone suggest ways to remove overspray (I've heard of the "clay" method...is it safe?) and whether or not he is doing something against regulations ? I gotta stop this, its ridiculous !!!

Posted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 4:55 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: fairmont

QLD, Australia

man that sux dude, shouldnt he legally have a spray booth if he is doing it for part of his business??? btw i am from emerald lol

Now i have a EF XR8 5spd.........mmmmmm 5L

Posted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 5:04 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 4 images

QLD, Australia

Yeah, tell me about it !!! Looks like its covered in dust but its orange and black flecks of paint... sheesh, but yeah, thats what I was wondering, if he is s'posed to have a booth or he's allowed to do whatever. Emerald huh, well I s'pose thats better than Blackwater :-) Nevermind, soon I'll be outta here, Yeppoon will be much nicer !!!

Posted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 5:15 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: No Fords current

TAS, Australia

a. call the cops so that you can force him to pay to have it professionally removed.
b. call the cops couse there's probably some sort of laws against it going in just open air as that stuff isn't that safe to inhale is it, that's why they all wear masks and have the rooms vented and crap.

Posted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 5:52 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Gallery: 50 images

Ride: MYSTERY EL's & Maverick LWB

Power: 198 rwkw

NSW, Australia

goto a panel shop and get a quote for each car (resprays) and tell him to pay for damages and then tell him you are Going to Council to inform them that he is illegaly spraying cars / what ever outside and not in a regulation or aproved spraybooth . Either way he is f**k for doing so .

Chance Favors The Prepared Mind !
For Sale : EL Fairmont 4L 5spd offers, AU Fairlane Ghia 4L vct Stock no mods $3.5k ono

Posted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 6:05 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: AUXR6 HP With Ducati SupA Bike!

WA, Australia

what dave said!

years ago a dent removal dude told me ( they do touch ups) that they can only touch up X amount of total area other wise a spray booth is needed by law

RIP SCOTT

Posted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 6:43 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 33 images

Ride: EL Fairmont Ghia

TAS, Australia

afaikl it depends what paint is being used 2 pak paints are toxic, so i hope hes not spraying them out in the open air.

why dont you just ask him to repaint ure car for free, get a nice custom colour hehe

Posted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 7:27 pm 
Fordmods Addict

Ride: BA XR6T

VIC, Australia

id talk to the guy b4 calling the cops. he might not even know hes leaving s**t all over ur car. he might offer to remove it for free or woteva. try and reason with him first. if he doesnt, then f**k him, squeal to the cops like you've never squealed b4 :D

Posted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 7:43 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: EBII XR6 /ED XR6 /EF XR6

Power: 154 rwkw

QLD, Australia

afaik 2pak has to be sprayed in a booth but acrylic or enamal don't, but if he's a pro just get him to buff it for you, wont take him long and the cars will probably look better then befor the overspray got to them. if he's not interested go and get 4 litres of that thick brush-on body deadner and pour it over his car or the latest paint job he's doing.

forget the cops just go talk to him and get buffed save all extra hassels.

my car was hit out the front of my house on wed night by the new neighbuor who moved in on wed, they didn't come tell me they just left it, i found the damage on thurs morn and went to work with the s**t, come home thurs night and another neighbour came and met me on the road to tell me who done it, so i went and spoke to them let them know they were busted and now they are happy to pay for the damage so i don't get the cops involved.

Posted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 8:06 pm 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

I would speak to the appropriate authorities first, to find out where you and your neighbour stand. Just to protect yourself in the case you need to chase him for damages.

Then i would go and confront him see how he offers to fix the situation. If he denies it and refuses to fix it for you, then infrom the EPA, police etc using the info you gathered above about the legalties of it etc..

1996 5spd EF2 XR6 - Genuine AJR's, full kit........

Posted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 10:30 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: 5 Star Boxcar

NSW, Australia

sue his a*** cos you are suffering from irreversible lung damage inhaling the paint

Kezz's 5sp Box Car ---> RPD enhanced with a bunch of other stuff

Posted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 11:32 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: XHII pano, Landau

VIC, Australia

Just go and speak to the bloke, its not worth calling the epa or cops, He knows its illigal to do it and hes also probobly doing it for cash (illigal again) so im sure hell be happy to fix you up for the damage. Least if your decent to him youll have a spray painter contact ;).

I had my neighbours call the cops when i was spraying a car in my garage, they didnt even speak to me first. They just went ahead and called the cops, so i went ahead and got some of my own back. If they had of come in and told me such and such had athsma i would of stoped for the day, now such and such has alot more wrong with him :P

Automatics only come in assult riffles
---------------------------------------
www.aussiecoupes.net

Posted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 11:01 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: BOXCAR (Not some sorry ass EF/EL

QLD, Australia

Before you do anything, get video evidence of him spraying a car in the open, just in case he packs everything up and tries to deny it.

The artist formerly known as seton005 (and allegedly The_Murph).

When I was growing up, we were so poor we could'nt even afford to pay attention.

Posted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 1:07 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

QLD, Australia

or.. you could just go talk to the guy about it.. let him know whats happening and maybe suggest he fix it?

Posted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 5:47 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 98 EL Falcon - Last of the EL's

NSW, Australia

imo, go and knock on his door and talk to him about it - poilitly , like dvyvan sed if they would of asked him he would of been happy to stop, so go and talk, and leave the attitude at home untill HE starts somthing.

why are women like clouds? eventually they f**k off and its a really nice day.

telling the truth is just lack of imagination

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 15 posts ]