Fordmods Logo

respray boot 

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Post subject: respray boot
Posted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:53 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

Hi

Fitting a spoiler to the ef fairmont and decided to get a spare boot lid and paint it.

How many litres primer clear and paint do you need and how many coats.

Is sanding it back priming it sanding it again with finer sand paper then putting the colour on then putting clear ok

Can you use car spray cans to paint it, is electric spray gun ok

Post subject: Re: respray boot
Posted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:14 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: 5.0 AU's and 5.0 Maverick

Power: 139 rwkw

NSW, Australia

40 litres of primer.
26.387 litres of colour.
15-20 ml of clear.
Dont worry about a spray gun. Drink it and spit it out your mouth abordiginal style bruz.

xr6turnip wrote:
More people paid for a ride in a VT commodore then an AU Falcon so the VT is superior.
Based on that fact my Mum is the best around!

Posted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:21 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: Subaru Liberty RX Wagon MY03

NSW, Australia

EVL098 wrote:
40 litres of primer.
26.387 litres of colour.
15-20 ml of clear.
Dont worry about a spray gun. Drink it and spit it out your mouth abordiginal style bruz.

LMMFAO!

Current ride: MY03 Liberty RX Wagon
EBII S-XR6, Now 5 speed. Moved on to greener pastures...

Posted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:25 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF-XR8chaser

NSW, Australia

EVL098 wrote:
40 litres of primer.
26.387 litres of colour.
15-20 ml of clear.

thats painting my fence,when you coming over,need a demo,giva a vb to wash it down :lol: :lol:

R.I.P HANS HARTMAN

Posted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:34 pm 

Ride: 93EB Fairmont / BA Falcon XR6T

NSW, Australia

Fairmont1 your bodgy. Evl098 i nearly fell on the floor laughing. This might be a question for jewy.

93 EB II Fairmon8 with 17' EL GT's / Clear indicators / H.I.Ds / Sports exhaust / Lowered 2' / K&N / XR6 ECU.
2004 BA MKI XR6T in Lightning Strike paint / K&N / XR8 bonnet / BF lights and a few tweaks.

Posted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:56 pm 
Fordmods Addict

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: EF Jew-LI

NSW, Australia

93EB wrote:
Fairmont1 your bodgy. Evl098 i nearly fell on the floor laughing. This might be a question for jewy.

Did I hear the gold rattling of coins? Or was it possibly the hairs in a_total_tools ample a*** crack whistling together in the hurricane like breeze after an evening at the all you can eat Pizza Hut?
Anyway YES Jewy is here to give you the answers you need!
First off. Fairmont1. You are a dodgy tard. You make me look like a professional. You make more URGENT calls then I hear when there is a red light special on 2 minute noodles at the local IGA after a pensioner has dropped her purse of lovely church money.
EVL098. Word cannot describe this man like creature. Im thinking he is that far off this planet he might well be on the mothership. I believe there is a good chance is a Scientologist. Very profitable cult to get into and the gas bills are not to bad neither.
93EB. Thankyou for your constant kind words to myself. For a man who looks like a lebanese monkey you are a damn good bloke!

But back to Fairmont1 of Eggvilles questions before I get sidetracked.
The answer is in your letter box and comes with your dole cheques.
Its where you live.
The answer is EGG.
Push your car (because it is doubted that it has ever left your driveway under its own power in the time you have owned it) and park it outside the local High School and talk to all the young ladies while they are leaving the school grounds. Be wearing only a long coat aquired from a charity clothing bin when doing this. Playing a game of pocket billards at the same time is optional but will make sure the end result is achieved earlier.
Do this for 3 or 4 days talking to the young lasses in a creepy tone and put your car back in the driveway in a dark area but in the open.
If you have been sufficiently creepy your car will be EGGed by the first rays of sun in the morning.
You will get a nice new custom paint job in white and yellow without it costing you a cent!!!!!
You dont even need to waste money on a spray gun , electricity or anything.
By lunchtime with it parked in the sun (it doesnt start so lets face it who is going to push it around for another day , you dont have that many friends) you will be able to collect the pieces that fall off and you need to scrape off from the windows and have your self a nice fresh , free of charge omlette.
How can you possibly loose?
All this goodness from some free EGGs.
I reckon you should start right away. This is the s**t that is URGENT!
Shalom.

Wardrobe

Spare Parts

Oil

Posted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:59 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: 5.0 AU's and 5.0 Maverick

Power: 139 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Jewy McJewerson wrote:
93EB wrote:

Did I hear the gold rattling of coins? Or was it possibly the hairs in a_total_tools ample a*** crack whistling together in the hurricane like breeze after an evening at the all you can eat Pizza Hut?
Anyway YES Jewy is here to give you the answers you need!
First off. Fairmont1. You are a dodgy tard. You make me look like a professional. You make more URGENT calls then I hear when there is a red light special on 2 minute noodles at the local IGA after a pensioner has dropped her purse of lovely church money.
EVL098. Word cannot describe this man like creature. Im thinking he is that far off this planet he might well be on the mothership. I believe there is a good chance is a Scientologist. Very profitable cult to get into and the gas bills are not to bad neither.
93EB. Thankyou for your constant kind words to myself. For a man who looks like a lebanese monkey you are a damn good bloke!

But back to Fairmont1 of Eggvilles questions before I get sidetracked.
The answer is in your letter box and comes with your dole cheques.
Its where you live.
The answer is EGG.
Push your car (because it is doubted that it has ever left your driveway under its own power in the time you have owned it) and park it outside the local High School and talk to all the young ladies while they are leaving the school grounds. Be wearing only a long coat aquired from a charity clothing bin when doing this. Playing a game of pocket billards at the same time is optional but will make sure the end result is achieved earlier.
Do this for 3 or 4 days talking to the young lasses in a creepy tone and put your car back in the driveway in a dark area but in the open.
If you have been sufficiently creepy your car will be EGGed by the first rays of sun in the morning.
You will get a nice new custom paint job in white and yellow without it costing you a cent!!!!!
You dont even need to waste money on a spray gun , electricity or anything.
By lunchtime with it parked in the sun (it doesnt start so lets face it who is going to push it around for another day , you dont have that many friends) you will be able to collect the pieces that fall off and you need to scrape off from the windows and have your self a nice fresh , free of charge omlette.
How can you possibly loose?
All this goodness from some free EGGs.
I reckon you should start right away. This is the s**t that is URGENT!
Shalom.

Wanker.

xr6turnip wrote:
More people paid for a ride in a VT commodore then an AU Falcon so the VT is superior.
Based on that fact my Mum is the best around!

Posted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:03 am 

Ride: 93EB Fairmont / BA Falcon XR6T

NSW, Australia

:lol: :lol:

93 EB II Fairmon8 with 17' EL GT's / Clear indicators / H.I.Ds / Sports exhaust / Lowered 2' / K&N / XR6 ECU.
2004 BA MKI XR6T in Lightning Strike paint / K&N / XR8 bonnet / BF lights and a few tweaks.

Posted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:40 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: ef futura/ef fairmont

NSW, Australia

my advise fairmont1 if your never sprayed paint before? leave it and take it to someone that can, because it ain't as easy as it looks takes alot of practice

custom airbox,custom intake
paccie comps,lukey 2.5 cat back,high flow cat
CMS stg2 head,CMS stg2.A. cam,CMS hybrid auto with mod shift,3.9 lsd
custom 3500rpm hi stall
ANZ mayhem 18's,custom interior,venom body kit,xr wing,jumbo 2' low springs
143rwkw and 407rwnm on CMS dyno

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 9 posts ]