Fordmods Logo

rims and revs 

 

Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ] Go to page 1, 2  Next

 
 Post subject: rims and revs
Posted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 9:56 am 
Parts Gopher
Offline

Posts: 55

Joined: 9th Nov 2004

Location: echuca
VIC, Australia

im putting 235/45/17's on my rig and was woundring if it will rev diffrently at 100 and will it throw out my speedo a bit?
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 10:06 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 36

Posts: 7287

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: 1994 ED XR8 Sprint

Location: Somewhere in
QLD, Australia

shouldnt do..... what car do you have?

 

_________________

Banned

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 10:14 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 52

Posts: 4370

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Ride: BA Fairlane Ghia

Location: Karratha
WA, Australia

I have the same tyres/rims as you, my speedo is out 4km.h, at 140, so at 100, it would be bugger all.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 12:30 pm 
Fordmods Junkie
Offline
User avatar

Age: 38

Posts: 1000491

Joined: 6th Nov 2004

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: AUXR6 HP With Ducati SupA Bike!

Location: Perth
WA, Australia

bowsaw wrote:
I have the same tyres/rims as you, my speedo is out 4km.h, at 140, so at 100, it would be bugger all.
neil it is out 4kmhr all over the speed range!
if it out at 140 it is out at 30kmhr

 

_________________

RIP SCOTT

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 1:27 pm 
Technical Contributor
Offline
User avatar

Age: 32

Posts: 3097

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Gallery: 29 images

Ride: VU SS

Location: Ivanhoe
NSW, Australia

Disco Frank wrote:
neil it is out 4kmhr all over the speed range!
if it out at 140 it is out at 30kmhr


Nah, it works as a percentage. 5km/h out at 100 = 10km/h out at 200.

 

_________________

EF Fairmont now Sold!
Guides: Polishing|Modifications |Manual Conversion

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: rims and revs
Posted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 2:28 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 54

Posts: 4102

Joined: 18th Nov 2004

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: PX2 Ranger 4x4 XLT Dual CAB

Location: Carrum Downs
VIC, Australia

redrocket wrote:
im putting 235/45/17's on my rig and was woundring if it will rev diffrently at 100 and will it throw out my speedo a bit?


As long as you maintain the same overall diametre the speedo should remain the same. Remembering that all speedos vary slightly from a new tyre to a worn tyre.

 

_________________

Image
She's meanness put to music and the b**ch is born to run!
Like the sign says, "speed's just a question of money. How fast can you go?"

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 2:50 pm 
Technical Contributor
Offline
User avatar

Age: 32

Posts: 3097

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Gallery: 29 images

Ride: VU SS

Location: Ivanhoe
NSW, Australia

http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html

 

_________________

EF Fairmont now Sold!
Guides: Polishing|Modifications |Manual Conversion

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 7:15 pm 
Fordmods Junkie
Offline
User avatar

Age: 38

Posts: 1000491

Joined: 6th Nov 2004

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: AUXR6 HP With Ducati SupA Bike!

Location: Perth
WA, Australia

voxace wrote:
Disco Frank wrote:
neil it is out 4kmhr all over the speed range!
if it out at 140 it is out at 30kmhr


Nah, it works as a percentage. 5km/h out at 100 = 10km/h out at 200.

so u saying that the tyre somehow mystically gains height faster your drive??

if the sidewall heigth of the tyre is incresead ( rolling distance ) by X% then the spedo will be out at by X% / time at all speeds given that spead is distance/time!

 

_________________

RIP SCOTT

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 7:44 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 48

Posts: 655

Joined: 9th Jan 2005

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: Build# 499 BF F6 TYPHOON DEJA VU

Location: Melbourne
VIC, Australia

the missus put 17, she had 15 on her fairmont, she is about 4ks out

 

_________________

232.5 RW KILLER WASPS

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 8:25 pm 
Technical Contributor
Offline
User avatar

Age: 32

Posts: 3097

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Gallery: 29 images

Ride: VU SS

Location: Ivanhoe
NSW, Australia

Disco Frank wrote:
voxace wrote:
Disco Frank wrote:
neil it is out 4kmhr all over the speed range!
if it out at 140 it is out at 30kmhr


Nah, it works as a percentage. 5km/h out at 100 = 10km/h out at 200.

so u saying that the tyre somehow mystically gains height faster your drive??

if the sidewall heigth of the tyre is incresead ( rolling distance ) by X% then the spedo will be out at by X% / time at all speeds given that spead is distance/time!


Frank, Frank, Frank - Sober up and have a think about it mate.

Say if you double your rolling distance would you agree that at when your dash reads 10km/h your really doing 20km/h?
By your theory when the dash reads 100km/h we would only be doing 110km/h...lol (with monster truck tyres!!!)

 

_________________

EF Fairmont now Sold!
Guides: Polishing|Modifications |Manual Conversion

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 9:44 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 54

Posts: 4102

Joined: 18th Nov 2004

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: PX2 Ranger 4x4 XLT Dual CAB

Location: Carrum Downs
VIC, Australia

memnoch wrote:
the missus put 17, she had 15 on her fairmont, she is about 4ks out


Its relative to the width & profile of the tyre you put on it.

Have a play with the tyre size calculator link that voxace provided.

If I put 235/45/17 instead of my standard 205/65/15 my speedo will be out by .6% (reading slightly faster than actual)

 

_________________

Image
She's meanness put to music and the b**ch is born to run!
Like the sign says, "speed's just a question of money. How fast can you go?"

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 9:21 pm 
Fordmods Junkie
Offline
User avatar

Age: 38

Posts: 1000491

Joined: 6th Nov 2004

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: AUXR6 HP With Ducati SupA Bike!

Location: Perth
WA, Australia

meh voxace all i know is the spedo will be out by the same amount the whole time. and not 5kmhr at 40 then 10km at 100!
i

 

_________________

RIP SCOTT

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 9:28 pm 
Technical Contributor
Offline
User avatar

Age: 32

Posts: 3097

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Gallery: 29 images

Ride: VU SS

Location: Ivanhoe
NSW, Australia

Disco Frank wrote:
meh voxace all i know is the spedo will be out by the same amount the whole time. and not 5kmhr at 40 then 10km at 100!
i


It will be out by a fixed percentage, not a fixed km/h value.

 

_________________

EF Fairmont now Sold!
Guides: Polishing|Modifications |Manual Conversion

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 9:44 pm 
Oompa Loompa
Offline

Posts: 37

Joined: 23rd Nov 2004

Location: sydney
NSW, Australia

hey guys, i went to that site and did it for my tires and it said that my new tires is 0.4% too fast compared to the stock tires,i have a au police cluster , so does anyone know how much do i adjust for it?
thanks
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 10:56 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 32

Posts: 658

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Ride: Falcon

Location: Melbourne
VIC, Australia

Heres another good one:

http://www.tyresave.co.uk/tyresize.html

 

_________________

Image

Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
 Page 1 of 2  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 17 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

 

 

It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:51 am All times are UTC + 11 hours

 

 

(c)2014 Total Web Solutions Australia - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names