Turbo....bigger, badder......more....more........more

Posted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 9:28 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: 2008 FG Falcon XT

NSW, Australia

GlennAUII wrote:
nedkelly wrote:
FaBz: Yeh it's an AU.

Gaz: I hate the spoiler to death, never been a fan of boot garnish on any car that can't get over 240km/h, it's just pointless and it's really ugly. ;)

Check my gallery, its got some pics of my old AU without a spoiler. IMO they look mint as! So sleek. AU's look good with or without spoilers, but i reckon ba's look s**t with them.

Yeh I've seen your AU Glenn, and I love it, one of the nicest looking AU's I've seen to date. Did you sell it? I noticed it's not in your sig anymore.

"Pardon me while I burst into flames..."

Posted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:50 pm 
Tyre Shredder

NSW, Australia

Rather than start a new thread I thought I'd just continue my questions here.

I've got some damage on the drivers rear quarter and I'm after some advice on the best way to deal with it, again I suppose it's a case of replace or repair, but I'm pretty certain this one would be easier to repair, but I'm not sure.

The dent above the tail light happened when a roll of carpet fell off a truck parked next to me, it actually fractured the spoiler too but that's going so I'm not worried about that. This one should be pretty simple to pop out shouldn't it? I'm not worried about cracking the paint.

The wheel arch (got side swiped in a car park) looks harder though, what would be the best bet here? Cut out and weld a new bit in, or take to it with a hammer?

Cheers.

Posted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 6:14 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

QLD, Australia

nedkelly wrote:
GlennAUII wrote:
nedkelly wrote:
FaBz: Yeh it's an AU.

Gaz: I hate the spoiler to death, never been a fan of boot garnish on any car that can't get over 240km/h, it's just pointless and it's really ugly. ;)

Check my gallery, its got some pics of my old AU without a spoiler. IMO they look mint as! So sleek. AU's look good with or without spoilers, but i reckon ba's look s**t with them.

Yeh I've seen your AU Glenn, and I love it, one of the nicest looking AU's I've seen to date. Did you sell it? I noticed it's not in your sig anymore.

Yeah the first guy who came and looked at it bought it for the price i asked. He came and picked it up friday, was pretty sad seeing it drive off. Ah well, i've got a new one to spend money on now! I ordered a set of 20" rims and some suspension for my BA today so that should make a nice difference. :D

Posted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 8:41 pm 
Tyre Shredder

NSW, Australia

Can any one help me with my last questions about the damage on the rear quarter panel or should I start another thread? Surly someone knows the best way to deal with the damage? All I need is a little advice on my options.

Cheers.

Posted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 8:46 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: Ford FPV FG F6 310

Power: 149 rwkw

QLD, Australia

some of the damage will pop out. the dog leg will more than likely require bog.
for that amount of damage, you wouldn't replace the rear quarter unless you want to spend big dolllars. to repair that quarter panel should cost you between 250-350.
oh btw - get a new/second hand bootlid the same colour as the car. that way you may only need to spray the outside (if it dosent look the same)

NEW RIDE - FPV FG F6 6spd Auto. 12.26@114MPH, 1.88 60FT on Cheapy Tyres with 38PSI - Stock except K&N filter!

R.I.P. BF XR6 Turbo - You will not be forgotten :( 12.06@120MPH

Posted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 9:00 pm 
Tyre Shredder

NSW, Australia

What about cutting and welding the wheel arch like savage78 has done with his?

http://www.fordmods.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=46517

I've never welded before but I've watched it happen plenty of times and I'm pretty handy with most tools, I reckon it will only take a few practice run to get an idea of how to do it, and if I stuff it up in practice I'll just keep practising till I know I can do it?

But is cutting and welding asking for trouble down the track?

Can I get to the ding above the tail light through the boot? I've never pulled the lining out to check.

Quote:
oh btw - get a new/second hand bootlid the same colour as the car. that way you may only need to spray the outside (if it dosent look the same)

I checked my local wrecker yesterday, he had a silver lid but it had a spoiler on it, he was asking $250 for it, he said he'd let me know if he gets a silver one without the spoiler though.

Cheers.

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2