Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

Post subject: SA,fog/driving lights banned
Posted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:54 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 21 images

Ride: EL F100 CAPRI XR EF

Power: 234 rwkw

SA, Australia

in the advertiser today 24/1/09,as of midnight tonight sa police have now banned using driving lights and fog lights unless conditions are bad,eg fog. there are 99 new ammendments to the SA road traffic regulations, including - using fog/driving lights in clear conditions - $160 on the spot fine , driving with an animal on your lap - $95, rideing a motorcycle with an animal on the tank - $95, running a red light on a bicycle - $231. i dont understand how we are all supposed to have knowledge of these new laws as not all people watch the news or read the newspapers. i think sa police need to send a copy of the new laws to every licensed driver in the state.

Posted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 10:07 am 
SA Cruise Moderator

Ride: 1993 EBll xr6, 2003 ba xt

Power: 150 rwkw

SA, Australia

and every regerested owner as i hav two cars but awaiting to get my licence back.

Owning 1 of 84,847 ebII.
2x clarion subs 1200w, 1x clarion amp 400w, pioneer headunit, 16x8 roh reflex.
Clear side, front indicators, White dials, trip computer, boot spoiler, K & N air filter.
35% tint, paint code (z) stark white, 3" crome nudge bar, Xh snorkle

Post subject: Re: SA,fog/driving lights banned
Posted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:04 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: BF XR6

SA, Australia

Thats crap! I don't see the problem with driving/foglights. I use them out on the highway and through the hills regardeless of condition because it allows other motorists to see me coming. That way people wont make silly overtaking moves in front of me. I usually just run my parkers and the fog lights.

Looks like we may as well all kick our fog lights in because who knows when the police will deem the conditions to be perfect to use them......

BF XR6 - Silhouette, 6 Speed Manual, Leather Interior, Premium Sound, 18" BF XR Rims, Herrod Stainless Steel Exhaust & Headers, Typhoon CAI.

Posted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:51 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: 2021 Amarok V6

SA, Australia

wonder what the police will say to me when ive been pulled over for my cornering lights on when i wire them up... theyre only what less than half of the brightness of one low beam headlight? its not as if the moment i turn them on, every driver on the f**k street gets blinded :roll:

2021 V6 Manual Amarok - 245kw/750nm - many goodies
1997 EL Fairmont Ghia 4.0 - Heritage Green & Cappa
2010 Suzuki GSX650F - when I want to be silly

Posted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:04 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: boonga ute

SA, Australia

only following other states, in broken hill (me and a couple of guys head down there every so often) its illegal to run with driving lights gets an 88$ fine, and some driving lights are bloody stupid, so i do slightly understand it. another interesting law is that you can only have 6 lights on the front of your car on at once, so 2 parkers 2 low beam, 2 highbeam thats it, if you have fog/driving/spot lights on at the same time you can expect a fine.

Posted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:10 am 
Getting Side Ways

Power: 327 rwkw

WA, Australia

WA has had the fog lights law in for years now. fair enough. i drive around with my headlights on anyway. i dont know why, but i just really have this thing against foggy's. it annoys me.. ??

Posted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:23 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

stalker wrote:
only following other states, in broken hill (me and a couple of guys head down there every so often) its illegal to run with driving lights gets an 88$ fine, and some driving lights are bloody stupid, so i do slightly understand it. another interesting law is that you can only have 6 lights on the front of your car on at once, so 2 parkers 2 low beam, 2 highbeam thats it, if you have fog/driving/spot lights on at the same time you can expect a fine.

lol, my Patrol has 6 parking lights :lol: so does that mean its illegal for me to even drive at night? :lol:

Posted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:49 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

alfy wrote:
lol, my Patrol has 6 parking lights :lol: so does that mean its illegal for me to even drive at night? :lol:

unless they come factory which i doubt, cos im fairly sure mine doesnt have 6 parking lights it does indeed mean you can not drive at night, but how likely is it that a cop will pick you up on it?

also i was talking to my mate with his g6et the other night, he was pulled over about 2 months ago in SA about the driving lights, they said he had them on even though he didnt and tried to issue him with a fine, so i dont even think cops know what the law is any more....

Posted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:59 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

i did 250km over the weekend in the xr with the foggies on .no problem. when country driving i like to make the front of my car as visible as i can to the oncoming traffic. but in a residential area at 1 in the afternoon. the last thing you want when you walk outside is somebodys foglights fair in your face

Posted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:54 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

stalker wrote:
alfy wrote:

unless they come factory which i doubt, cos im fairly sure mine doesnt have 6 parking lights it does indeed mean you can not drive at night, but how likely is it that a cop will pick you up on it?

also i was talking to my mate with his g6et the other night, he was pulled over about 2 months ago in SA about the driving lights, they said he had them on even though he didnt and tried to issue him with a fine, so i dont even think cops know what the law is any more....

nah its got a bullbar with indicator/parking lights in it, and the factory indicator/parker assembly on the fenders, as well as a parking light in the actual headlight.

Posted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:24 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

yea, well doesnt sound good on your part, i dont know how many parking lights mine has, cant say ive looked at the out side of the car when driving, either way 6 lights no more, stupid rule but thats the way it is. not many cops would bother doing anything to a patrol though, part of the reason i got one, hopefully i can get of my p's driving one :D

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 11 posts ]