Fordmods Logo

Shopping for 20" wheels for an EF 

Page 4 of 4 [ 56 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Posted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 8:55 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: 1997 Falcon EL Gli/Sleeper

QLD, Australia

Yeah you got to be practical as well. Because depending on where you drive Industrial areas, unproperly surfaced roads etc, you are going to have punctures every second day with 20" Wheels for sure.

" In life their is never an Obligation just an Opportunity to..Own an awesome 1970 Ford Mach 1 Mustang! "

Posted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 2:12 am 
Fordmods Junkie

Gallery: 50 images

Ride: MYSTERY EL's & Maverick LWB

Power: 198 rwkw

NSW, Australia

rofl i remeber those 20" rims ! on Vince's car , i had them test fitted on mine !
The rims in the picture were ANZ rims ( 19" )

Chance Favors The Prepared Mind !
For Sale : EL Fairmont 4L 5spd offers, AU Fairlane Ghia 4L vct Stock no mods $3.5k ono

Posted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 8:16 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: R32 GTR

VIC, Australia

jbghia wrote:
mates got a vt on 20's looks bloody nice, and the looks ya get driving the car around,

You certainly get looks, quite amused ones.

Go ahead with the 20's I say. Give me and the general public something to laugh at, I always enjoy Friday and Saturday night drives since you see the stupidest cars.

Post subject: Wow, i like that idea !
Posted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 10:32 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: EF

VIC, Australia

If you got the money ! Id do it too ! WOW ! and i dont think your look like a 'habib' lol

Youd look like a guy with a great set of wheels that i would certainly be jelouse of lmao !

Gotta email me a pic when you get em !

Good Luck ! :twisted:

(¯`·._.·{Ã￾®ägöñ P®ïñ©ë§§ }·._.·´¯)

Posted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 4:09 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 15 images

Ride: ALTED XR6 - ALTED EA - EF TAXI

QLD, Australia

20's are overrated ... the largest i'd go would be 17's ... yeah sure, wheels look nice, but ya can't see them when your driving, lol, why pay $4xxx for someone else too look at your wheels when you can't see them while your driving the car? lol .

sorry, half dopped out on painkillers lol .

antony.

Posted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 12:20 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: 1997 Falcon EL Gli/Sleeper

QLD, Australia

Hey why bother looking like a Show pony, for 4 grand I would say get f**k to the wheels and get some Jim Mock Engine mods done.

" In life their is never an Obligation just an Opportunity to..Own an awesome 1970 Ford Mach 1 Mustang! "

Posted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 9:16 pm 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: BA II XR6 Turbo Ute & XH Ute

Power: 295 rwkw

VIC, Australia

ELXR8: I would suggest u try a 235-35-19 on ur wheels this is what i run on mine and have had no problem at all infact my 19s clear better than the 17s that used to me on it.....

I am running 19s with 235-35-19s and i dont think they are overboard at all actually i think they really suit the car i got them real cheap as i used to work at tyrepower and found out that a place was having a clear out of all there stock cost me 800 for rims 240 for adaptors and 220 each for tyres. i am actually gona lower the back of my car more because there is to much of a gap between the tyre and body. also a 235-35-19 is almost exactly the same rolling diameter as a 205-65-15 so sppedo stays pretty correct. mine are actually looking a bit old so as its also time for 2 tyres i think i might get them polished an clear coated at the same time. if some 1 can tell me how to post pics on here i can put up a few pics..[/img]

~Such Is Life....
EL Fairmont Ghia: lowered suspension , TIKFD custom plates, 20x8.5 XHP Shoreline, soon to have: JVC head unit, Eclipse speakers, Alpine and Sony Amps, 2x JL Audio 12w3v2 subs

Posted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 9:39 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 30 images

Ride: Blown XR8

VIC, Australia

Hey TickfordGhia,

I was thinking of running 235's but the rims are 9-inch wide and i definately know i can't run them on the back cause i'm 90% sure they're 9.5 inch wide. 235's on the Front would be great, i never have any problems with the size or width of the rims. I don't know whether its because the rims have a deep dish on them and the offset is different, and favourable to me! :)
Thats probably why i find it weird that people seem to have problems with 8 inch wide rims. My mate with AU2 XR copies have less clearance to the body, on his EL to mine. He has 235/45/17 on 8 inch wide rim, i've got stretched 245/35/19, closer to 265's.
So i'm guessing its gotta be the offset.

I'm really happy with the wheels i've got atm, plus i can run super-super lows and its all still legal height, but with the rims, it looks pretty low.

Posted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 9:52 pm 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: BA II XR6 Turbo Ute & XH Ute

Power: 295 rwkw

VIC, Australia

yeah that would be ur problem 9" rims under stock body weork would be a tight squeeze.... u say u have king springs super super low??? would u be able to tell me the part number of those???

~Such Is Life....
EL Fairmont Ghia: lowered suspension , TIKFD custom plates, 20x8.5 XHP Shoreline, soon to have: JVC head unit, Eclipse speakers, Alpine and Sony Amps, 2x JL Audio 12w3v2 subs

Posted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 10:19 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 30 images

Ride: Blown XR8

VIC, Australia

I'm not too sure, i'll go have a look for you now.
I know the first part of the code is SSL, compared to SL for superlows.

Posted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 10:00 pm 
Oompa Loompa

VIC, Australia

i just bought 20's for my BA, there not on yet but i know there going to look gun, insurence is fine mine only goes up 62 bucks and vic roads is sweet with it, i got them for looks and performance with 255 tyres not cause of brakes man thats just stupid

Sort by  
 Page 4 of 4  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4