Fordmods Logo

Show us your E-series! 

Page 211 of 217 [ 3252 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 208, 209, 210, 211, 212, 213, 214 ... 217  Next

Post subject: Re: Show us your E-series!
Posted: Fri May 24, 2013 10:15 pm 
EFI Guru

Gallery: 28 images

Ride: 351 Vogue,XH 5.0,'17 5.0 Stang

WA, Australia

Yeah me too. We made em a smidge over 8" wide but wanted to go 10" which we couldn't do without lotsa work.
Had em on my XE ute with 265's but they wouldn't fit on the ED unless we narrowed the diff so, stuck piddly 225's on there.

Posted: Mon May 27, 2013 6:45 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: 98 El Falcon GLi

NSW, Australia

First post! Here's my baby! Only had it a while. Brought it as it is. Hopefully some mods soon!
Attachment:
IMG_4957.JPG
IMG_4957.JPG [ 316.93 KiB | Viewed 246 times ]

Attachment:
IMG_517g3.JPG
IMG_517g3.JPG [ 466.88 KiB | Viewed 269 times ]

1998 Ford Falcon EL GLi;
Resprayed metallic ripcurl green,
Reflective metallic tint,
2.5" catback w/ 3" dumper,
Sittin' on low kings springs all round,
BA 17" rims,
Hopefully more to come!

Posted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:12 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: 1997 Ford El Falcon Gli Wagon

SA, Australia

G'day, guys. This is my first post. So I am hoping I have done it correctly!

I know it is a bit rice, which I detest, particularly when it concerns Ford. But, I thought I would share a project my mate and I did over a few beers one very dark Saturday night. (We used a desk lamp for illumination in the drive way! I wouldn't do it like this again.)

Please excuse the terrible camera work. Photography is not my strongest ability. Also, if anybody would be interested in some better shots, let me know and I will upload some older ones.

Note, the blue lights all come on ONLY with the interior light. So, only when the car is stationary.

Pictures:

Testing the install (hence the stray wire and the bonnet stick!):

Attachment:
File comment: First test of under grill lighting.
dsc00535_numberplateblurred.jpg
dsc00535_numberplateblurred.jpg [ 137.66 KiB | Viewed 238 times ]

Once the test was complete, we switched on the LED parkers to see how they would look together:

Attachment:
File comment: Seeing what the LED parkers looked like with the under grill lighting.
dsc00536_numberplateblurred.jpg
dsc00536_numberplateblurred.jpg [ 160.84 KiB | Viewed 235 times ]

The under grill lighting (LED strip), viewed from below:

Attachment:
File comment: The under grill lighting (LED strip), viewed from below:
DSCN1589_lowRes.JPG
DSCN1589_lowRes.JPG [ 295.56 KiB | Viewed 222 times ]

The completed undergrill lighting + parker + low beams:

Attachment:
File comment: The completed undergrill lighting + parker + low beams:
DSCN1594_NumPlateBlurred_lowRes.JPG
DSCN1594_NumPlateBlurred_lowRes.JPG [ 381.1 KiB | Viewed 205 times ]

More recent projects:

Seatbelt illumination:

Attachment:
File comment: Seatbelt illumination:
DSCN1585_lowRes.JPG
DSCN1585_lowRes.JPG [ 271.83 KiB | Viewed 258 times ]

Rear footwell illumination:

Attachment:
File comment: Rear footwell illumination:
DSCN1590_lowRes.JPG
DSCN1590_lowRes.JPG [ 429.13 KiB | Viewed 236 times ]

What do you guys think? Too much? Wrong colour? Any feedback would be great. I'm open to constructive criticism. :D

Ride: '97 EL Falcon GLi Wagon
Mods: 2.5" Redback catback, 6000k HID, Blue LED Trip Computer, Blue LED dash, LED Audi Style Parker Lights, Footwell Lighting, White interior door handles with fade in and out with parker lights, Fairlane rear courtesy lamp.

Posted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:35 pm 
Parts Gopher

SA, Australia

Kiwi2580 wrote:
First post! Here's my baby! Only had it a while. Brought it as it is. Hopefully some mods soon!
Attachment:
IMG_4957.JPG

Attachment:
IMG_517g3.JPG

It's in great condition, mate and it's a beautiful colour.

If you were interested in some lighting mods, your colour would suit both blue and green LEDs. Not together of course. But it gives you a lot of flexibility in lighting colour choices.

You have made a wise investment. I know of E-series Falcons still driving around with >385,000 on the clock that never miss a beat. Hopefully we will both be so lucky! :D

Mods: 2.5" Redback catback, 6000k HID, Blue LED Trip Computer, Blue LED dash, LED Audi Style Parker Lights, Footwell Lighting, White interior door handles with fade in and out with parker lights, Fairlane rear courtesy lamp.

Posted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:27 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

NSW, Australia

Thanks Chafflube! I hope keeps on going!

I have purchased some blue led lights to replace my old speedo lights. Just gotta get around to changing them!

1998 Ford Falcon EL GLi;
BA 17" rims,
Hopefully more to come!

Posted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:13 am 
Parts Gopher

SA, Australia

Kiwi2580 wrote:

I have purchased some blue led lights to replace my old speedo lights. Just gotta get around to changing them!

Good stuff, mate. With the blue LEDs for your dash! Did you get them on eBay? I got mine from China and it cost around $4 with free shipping. But, I have to wait about 20 days for them to arrive. :(

Did you get yours from an Aussie bloke?

Be sure to post some pictures of your install when you're done! I will do the same.

If it helps, I got the 5050 SMD T10 wedge LEDs (10 of them).

Good luck with the install!

What do you think of my lighting, mate. Honestly, a bit extreme or rice? That is what I have been getting recently! Haha :lol: But it's all just a bit of fun anyway, right? :D

Posted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:20 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: ef falcon futura

Power: 154 rwkw

VIC, Australia

Chafflube wrote:
Kiwi2580 wrote:

Good stuff, mate. With the blue LEDs for your dash! Did you get them on eBay? I got mine from China and it cost around $4 with free shipping. But, I have to wait about 20 days for them to arrive. :(

Did you get yours from an Aussie bloke?

Be sure to post some pictures of your install when you're done! I will do the same.

If it helps, I got the 5050 SMD T10 wedge LEDs (10 of them).

Good luck with the install!

What do you think of my lighting, mate. Honestly, a bit extreme or rice? That is what I have been getting recently! Haha :lol: But it's all just a bit of fun anyway, right? :D

be careful with the chinese ones, i got them not long ago an they dont fit. they might fit with a bit of force but they are a very tight fit. these ones http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/180975738532 ... 1439.l2649

ef futura, pacemakers, 2.5inch catback, k&n panel filter and 3.45 lsd. extractors/cat, ticky head, custom cam grind, t5. now onto cosmetics.

Posted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:12 pm 
Parts Gopher

SA, Australia

Quote:
be careful with the chinese ones, i got them not long ago an they dont fit. they might fit with a bit of force but they are a very tight fit. these ones http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/180975738532 ... 1439.l2649

Thanks for the heads up, mate. They are exactly identical to the items I purchased. However, they are from a different seller if I recall. But I'm sure that they all come from the same factory, right?

But for a few dollars you can't really go wrong. So long as I don't crack the instrument cluster trying to get them in. But it looks to be made of ABS plastic, which feels pretty tough. Am I right about it being tough?

Also, how do you remove the original bulbs from the cluster? Because my speedo light has completely gone, so I can barely see my speed, which is annoying. But hopefully this problem will be gone once the blue LED replacement bulbs arrive.

Also, do you have any tips that will make the lights appear brighter or more blue? Do I have to sand the backs of the needles or anything like that to get maximum, brightness?

Thanks for your help! :D

Posted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:28 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

i didnt end up putting mine in, and just stuck with my red ones from jaycar.
to get thestock ones out, just twist them 90 degrees. i found it easier to use a pair of needle nose pliers. as for the needle, you could always change them to EF clear ones. there is a way to clear up the EL ones just not sure on how. its on this site i think.
if you want a set of EF needles, i have a set (only for speedo, tacho, fuel, temp) at home you can have for the cost of postage.

ef futura, pacemakers, 2.5inch catback, k&n panel filter and 3.45 lsd. extractors/cat, ticky head, custom cam grind, t5. now onto cosmetics.

Posted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:28 am 
Parts Gopher

SA, Australia

ranga83 wrote:
i didnt end up putting mine in, and just stuck with my red ones from jaycar.
to get thestock ones out, just twist them 90 degrees. i found it easier to use a pair of needle nose pliers. as for the needle, you could always change them to EF clear ones. there is a way to clear up the EL ones just not sure on how. its on this site i think.
if you want a set of EF needles, i have a set (only for speedo, tacho, fuel, temp) at home you can have for the cost of postage.

Okay, no worries. Thanks for the offer, mate. I will take you up on that if my blue LED lights don't show up through the red needles. Again thanks for the offer! :D

I will be sure to post my results as soon as they have arrived and are installed, ideally with pictures, too. Then I will ask all the guys on FordMods what they reckon about getting clear needles, yourself included of course.

Thanks for your help, mate. I will get some decent needle nose pliers for this job. I don't think my $2 shop pair will cut it. They are very jagged on the edges and I am afraid the light will disintegrate before I get it out of there! Out of curiosity, how much would you charge for the needles + postage, if my post code is 3418?

Posted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:52 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Just charge the postage. Which im guessing wont be more than $5 express.
As for the globes. The led should be a direct replacement so u should have to touch the glass part at all. Just grab the base, twist and the holder should come out

Posted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 7:43 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

NSW, Australia

Chafflube wrote:
Quote:

Thanks for the heads up, mate. They are exactly identical to the items I purchased. However, they are from a different seller if I recall. But I'm sure that they all come from the same factory, right?

But for a few dollars you can't really go wrong. So long as I don't crack the instrument cluster trying to get them in. But it looks to be made of ABS plastic, which feels pretty tough. Am I right about it being tough?

Also, how do you remove the original bulbs from the cluster? Because my speedo light has completely gone, so I can barely see my speed, which is annoying. But hopefully this problem will be gone once the blue LED replacement bulbs arrive.

Also, do you have any tips that will make the lights appear brighter or more blue? Do I have to sand the backs of the needles or anything like that to get maximum, brightness?

Thanks for your help! :D

I hope this quote thing worked?

I think I may have bought the wrong led's? I bought these http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/10x-T5-74-70 ... 805&_uhb=1

Will these work? If not I'll just buy some others?

I like the interior lighting but the under grill lighting is a bit too much for my liking. But like you said, it's just some fun!

1998 Ford Falcon EL GLi;
BA 17" rims,
Hopefully more to come!

Posted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 12:12 am 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: 04 ba wagon

NSW, Australia

Those LEDs should work fine in length though they are very cheap in price and lighting. They aren't very directional and you'll find they won't light up very good and you'll be left with hot spots throughout your cluster.

Look for 3 led t5's they are a lot better and worth the coin IMO.

..wagonstyle..
04 ba wagon, manual conversion, pacemaker extractors, custom exhaust, m86lsd, full electric window conversion, dual zone icc, gt front end with body kit getting made

Posted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:34 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

NSW, Australia

wagonstyle wrote:
Those LEDs should work fine in length though they are very cheap in price and lighting. They aren't very directional and you'll find they won't light up very good and you'll be left with hot spots throughout your cluster.

Look for 3 led t5's they are a lot better and worth the coin IMO.

I'll give them a go and see what they are like!
Thanks for your help!

1998 Ford Falcon EL GLi;
BA 17" rims,
Hopefully more to come!

Posted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:34 am 
Parts Gopher

SA, Australia

Quote:
I hope this quote thing worked?

I think I may have bought the wrong led's? I bought these http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/10x-T5-74-70 ... 805&_uhb=1

Will these work? If not I'll just buy some others?

I like the interior lighting but the under grill lighting is a bit too much for my liking. But like you said, it's just some fun!

I agree. the under grill lighting certainly isn't for everyone. In fact, I was even a little sceptical about it just after the install myself. Although, like many mods, they just seem to grow on you over time.

Thanks for your opinion though. It is much appreciated! :)

Sort by  
 Page 211 of 217  [ 3252 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 208, 209, 210, 211, 212, 213, 214 ... 217  Next