Fordmods Logo

SHOW US YOUR MODDED FG... 

Page 2 of 17 [ 251 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17  Next

Post subject: Re: SHOW US YOUR MODDED FG...
Posted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:33 pm 
Parts Gopher

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: Ford FG

ACT, Australia

obie89 wrote:
mcinnesfg wrote:
Here's my FG :)

Since taking this picture ive put personalized plates on it, and i get my exhaust set up tomorrow :D

that looks pretty schmick man i quite like those wheels too, are you using a pre fab exhaust like xforce or are you getting a custom set up?

Thanks bud :) I was a bit iffy about the wheels at 1st, then played around in photoshop and lowered the car and it looked awesome, so i went and re enacted it. Got the wheels, and got it lowered :D

The exhaust system im not 100% sure on all the parts (my dad is organising a lot of it because im a derp when it comes to car internals haha) As far as i know its a xforce 2.5" system all the way through, growler intake, bigger tip at the end, and i think its a 100cpi cat :)

Silver XR6 FG, 20" Enix Equus Rims, Lowered, Growler Intake, 2 1/2" Exhaust System, Pacemaker Headers, dual tip Click this >>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wiBi1pw30d0<<<

Posted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:49 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: Vixen Red 09 FG XT

QLD, Australia

How did the exhaust and intake setup go mate?

VIXEN FG XT Previous best - 14.431 @ 99.69mph with minor mods
Currently 14.235 @ 101mph same mods. Bring on the 13's!

Posted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:15 am 
Parts Gopher

ACT, Australia

TheKrazeD wrote:
How did the exhaust and intake setup go mate?

Still in the process of getting the pictures for it so havent posted it yet (my SD card reader decided to crap itself in my computer -.-)

But otherwise its pretty good. I put a 2 1/2" system all the way through to a dual tip, growler intake (looks beasty) pacemaker headers (still not sure what model number they are) and the guy did this thing, where normally you have 2 mufflers? He put on this thing that combines them into one? i dont know a lot about it (my dads the car person so he sorts all the stuff out). But sounds good when you plant the foot. It picks up pretty fast as well. a lot faster than before.

The only thing im not too happy about (and i dont know what to do about it), The sound is kinda drony at low speeds. like from 0-70 it drones, unless you plant the foot.

I'll try post pics tonight for ya's :)

Silver XR6 FG, 20" Enix Equus Rims, Lowered, Growler Intake, 2 1/2" Exhaust System, Pacemaker Headers, dual tip Click this >>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wiBi1pw30d0<<<

Posted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:17 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

Where's these happy snaps at!! wanna see the sexy FG in it's finest form :D :twisted:

Posted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:19 pm 
Parts Gopher

ACT, Australia

Haha krazed, their comin :P their on the camera and will be up in the next hour hopefully :)
I'll also put a vid up on YouTube when I work out how to with the sound and walk through of the car

Posted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:54 pm 
Parts Gopher

ACT, Australia

Here they are :)

I appologize to everyone that it takes up so much room :P

Here are the photo's of my car with the growler intake and the exhaust :D

Posted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:34 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

GODDAMN!!

That thing is amazing! Digging the stripes up the front from the inside of the headlights. And that growler looks great! I can't wait to hear how she sounds :D

You going to get any more performance parts for it?

Posted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:57 pm 
Parts Gopher

ACT, Australia

It sounds pretty good, drones in the lower gears, but once you plant it, its amazing. I'll try get a vid up soon :) (I haven't worked out how to put videos on youtube yet :P haha)

Only thing i plan to do next is get it tuned and dyno'd, but thats not for a little bit.

Im also thinking of putting a sound system in, but i cbf paying 3k for it at the moment haha

Posted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:07 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: FG XR6 Ute

VIC, Australia

Here is my new rig with the hard top on.
Pretty happy with how it turned out.

Can't seem to get this image to stick but it can be seen here...
http://www.flickr.com/photos/jrproducti ... /lightbox/

Cheers

Posted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:16 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: MK2 FG XR6T UTE - SILHOUETTE.

QLD, Australia

mcinnesfg wrote:
It sounds pretty good, drones in the lower gears, but once you plant it, its amazing. I'll try get a vid up soon :) (I haven't worked out how to put videos on youtube yet :P haha)

Only thing i plan to do next is get it tuned and dyno'd, but thats not for a little bit.

Im also thinking of putting a sound system in, but i cbf paying 3k for it at the moment haha

hey man,
she's looking good!
How stiff is the ride on 20"s im looking at wheels next week but probably keen on a little more meat on the rim lol.

you could get away with a system for probably around to for a mid range system.
my recommendations in this department are either alpine digital amps as i have had a fair bit to do with em.
or pioneer digital amps both can be had for much less than rrp at jb or the likes.

here is what my suggestions are for a sedan mate:
Lc6i - can be had for about $220 - this is a line level converter as the stock stereo has no rca outs at the back this converts the speaker line in to rca outlets on the lc6i unit meaning you can than plug amps into your lc6i and your steering wheel controls will remain and can be used.

some of the high end alpine gear incorperates this funcion into its amps which can save you space but is expensive.

next is a 4 channel amp i run a pioneer gm-d9500f its been pretty good got mine for $345 which wasn too bad but you could probably find it cheaper.

then depending on how many subs you want i only have 1 so i am running a pioneer gm-d8500m mono block amp which cost about $360 at one of the wow sight and sound outlets (R.I.P) lol.

then pioneer 6.5" splits in the front this requires a bit of spacer fabrication though lol. and the same in the back with the tweeters that came with the rear speakers now mounted towards the middle of the cabin sounds a treat and i got two sets for$520 bucks so not overly expensive to do the sound if your talking the high end of the mid range sound gear.

oh and a pioneer slimline 10" sub in a box as it is only a ute however this thing pumps out really well. and a bit of dyna matt to keep the sound travelleing in the right direction and to keep the road noise out but this stuff is expensive to line four doors and a boot.

just my two cents worth on audio gear lol.

Obie89.

-PREVIOUS RIDE-
2010 N/A fg XR6 - EGO
Stage 4 Atomic Cams,Full 2.5" XFORCE Exhaust (Headers + Hi Flow Cat + Catback)
Powerbond 20% Underdrives,Growler Cold Air Intake
Full Custom Tune (Xcal 3) - 170RWKW.

Posted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:18 pm 
Stock as a Rock

QLD, Australia

mcinnesfg wrote:

oh and i forgot to tell you there is a quick and easy fix to the droning just have a resinator installed it should only remove the droning sound..... so im told. not a big job at all.

-PREVIOUS RIDE-
2010 N/A fg XR6 - EGO

Posted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:50 pm 
Parts Gopher

ACT, Australia

Thanks Obie :) Ive never really listened to any alpine stuff. But i'll go have a listen next time i can :)

Ive been recommended Polk Audio, and all up the system is gonna cost me close to 2500, which I'm not too fussed about, considering imalso putting another head deck down the bottom of the ICC (this also incorporates GPS and bluetooth)

Im also looking to get the place to install it for me as del (as I'm a deep when it comes to making stuff haha)

So a resonator should fix my problems. Do you know where you can get these? or if i could try install it myself? Or even what i should be looking for. I'll take a look on google and see what i can find :D

Posted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:20 pm 
Stock as a Rock

QLD, Australia

mcinnesfg wrote:
Thanks Obie :) Ive never really listened to any alpine stuff. But i'll go have a listen next time i can :)

Ive been recommended Polk Audio, and all up the system is gonna cost me close to 2500, which I'm not too fussed about, considering imalso putting another head deck down the bottom of the ICC (this also incorporates GPS and bluetooth)

Im also looking to get the place to install it for me as del (as I'm a deep when it comes to making stuff haha)

So a resonator should fix my problems. Do you know where you can get these? or if i could try install it myself? Or even what i should be looking for. I'll take a look on google and see what i can find :D

thats alright mate i only have decent stuff to say about polk aswell as i had a set of their 6" two ways in my old triton ute mouted to the rear pillars they did really well on like guitar clarity as in that car i was running infinity 6" splits in the front which were good for the base notes yeah i just slapped that system together as i went yet by coincidence the two brands worked in harmony lol.

yeah polk is a good choice mate. as for the resonator prob about 2 to 3 hunge for a decent brand i think they get welded inline between middle and rear muffler but not 100% on that but most custom exhaust places suggest them now when you get a cold air intake at the same time.

obie.

-PREVIOUS RIDE-
2010 N/A fg XR6 - EGO

Posted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:52 am 
Parts Gopher

ACT, Australia

obie89 wrote:
mcinnesfg wrote:

thats alright mate i only have decent stuff to say about polk aswell as i had a set of their 6" two ways in my old triton ute mouted to the rear pillars they did really well on like guitar clarity as in that car i was running infinity 6" splits in the front which were good for the base notes yeah i just slapped that system together as i went yet by coincidence the two brands worked in harmony lol.

yeah polk is a good choice mate. as for the resonator prob about 2 to 3 hunge for a decent brand i think they get welded inline between middle and rear muffler but not 100% on that but most custom exhaust places suggest them now when you get a cold air intake at the same time.

obie.

For all i know i could have one in there lol. Where would it be if i did have a resonator?

Yea, im more steering to the polk audio, as im more a rock person, but i do like my dubstep and heavy bass. But i'll go check alpine out when i get a chance...or find a place near me that sell them.

Posted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:11 am 
Stock as a Rock

QLD, Australia

mcinnesfg wrote:
obie89 wrote:
mcinnesfg wrote:

obie.

For all i know i could have one in there lol. Where would it be if i did have a resonator? - from my experience it just looks like a bulge in the exhaust pipe between mid muffler and rear muffler.

I got some 20"s the other day what do you reckon of them?

Attachments:
File comment: 20" advanti's
22032012367_1.jpg
22032012367_1.jpg [ 301.66 KiB | Viewed 327 times ]

-PREVIOUS RIDE-
2010 N/A fg XR6 - EGO

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 17  [ 251 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17  Next