Fordmods Logo

SHOW US YOUR MODDED FG... 

Page 3 of 17 [ 251 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 17  Next

Post subject: Re: SHOW US YOUR MODDED FG...
Posted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:55 pm 
Parts Gopher

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: Ford FG

ACT, Australia

obie89 wrote:
mcinnesfg wrote:
obie89 wrote:
mcinnesfg wrote:
Thanks Obie :) Ive never really listened to any alpine stuff. But i'll go have a listen next time i can :)

Ive been recommended Polk Audio, and all up the system is gonna cost me close to 2500, which I'm not too fussed about, considering imalso putting another head deck down the bottom of the ICC (this also incorporates GPS and bluetooth)

Im also looking to get the place to install it for me as del (as I'm a deep when it comes to making stuff haha)

So a resonator should fix my problems. Do you know where you can get these? or if i could try install it myself? Or even what i should be looking for. I'll take a look on google and see what i can find :D

thats alright mate i only have decent stuff to say about polk aswell as i had a set of their 6" two ways in my old triton ute mouted to the rear pillars they did really well on like guitar clarity as in that car i was running infinity 6" splits in the front which were good for the base notes yeah i just slapped that system together as i went yet by coincidence the two brands worked in harmony lol.

yeah polk is a good choice mate. as for the resonator prob about 2 to 3 hunge for a decent brand i think they get welded inline between middle and rear muffler but not 100% on that but most custom exhaust places suggest them now when you get a cold air intake at the same time.

obie.

For all i know i could have one in there lol. Where would it be if i did have a resonator? - from my experience it just looks like a bulge in the exhaust pipe between mid muffler and rear muffler.

I got some 20"s the other day what do you reckon of them?

OBIE!! Those 20's look AWESOME! well suited for the car :) what size tyres are you running? 245?

Silver XR6 FG, 20" Enix Equus Rims, Lowered, Growler Intake, 2 1/2" Exhaust System, Pacemaker Headers, dual tip Click this >>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wiBi1pw30d0<<<

Posted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:31 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: MK2 FG XR6T UTE - SILHOUETTE.

QLD, Australia

hey Mcinnesfg,
cheers for the complements im pretty stocked with em. Yeah pretty sure they are 245s but to be honest have not taken that much notice up close lol.

I was thinkimg the other day how mad yours looks with the stripes and that mine might suite the matte black hockey\ gt style stripe kit? What do you reckon and how much did yours cost?

Also stumbled across a piece of cheap possibly effective hardware the other day on the net that might intrest you it caught my attention any way.
It was an insulation pad that sits between the side of the motor (air inlet ) and the air intake plastic manifold doodad and apparently drops air intake temperatures even further than the growler does and assists decent cai systems.
Its by mace engineering and can be found on their website the price was like 135 pretty cheap mod i am seriously considering thought it might interest you mate.

My current yet everchanging plans for my fg are stage 2 crow cams for that lumpy sound.
Herrod cat back exhaust.
Hi flow cat.
Pacies 4495s
xcal 3 and a tune then hopefully she can pull close to a 210 at the treads
id be happy with that aye.

-PREVIOUS RIDE-
2010 N/A fg XR6 - EGO
Stage 4 Atomic Cams,Full 2.5" XFORCE Exhaust (Headers + Hi Flow Cat + Catback)
Powerbond 20% Underdrives,Growler Cold Air Intake
Full Custom Tune (Xcal 3) - 170RWKW.

Posted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:35 pm 
Parts Gopher

ACT, Australia

My stripes came on the car when i bought it. But ive seen kits online for anywhere between $50 - $300. I personally wouldnt do a Matte black on yours, coz you wont really see it. I'd go a silver, or a white. Or you should have got the coloured advanti's, and matched the stripe to the wheels :P
As for the stripe style, i think utes look great with the GS stripe kit.

I dont know a lot about cams, except that they cost a fair bit :/ not really sure what they do...

I took a look at that cooling thing as well. It seems like a good idea :) keep the engine cool :) and the car cooler (see what i did there)

Also, i reckon you'd be hitting a solid 220-230 with those mods easy.

Silver XR6 FG, 20" Enix Equus Rims, Lowered, Growler Intake, 2 1/2" Exhaust System, Pacemaker Headers, dual tip Click this >>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wiBi1pw30d0<<<

Posted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:58 pm 
Stock as a Rock

QLD, Australia

mcinnesfg wrote:
My stripes came on the car when i bought it. But ive seen kits online for anywhere between $50 - $300. I personally wouldnt do a Matte black on yours, coz you wont really see it. I'd go a silver, or a white. Or you should have got the coloured advanti's, and matched the stripe to the wheels :P
As for the stripe style, i think utes look great with the GS stripe kit.

I dont know a lot about cams, except that they cost a fair bit :/ not really sure what they do...

I took a look at that cooling thing as well. It seems like a good idea :) keep the engine cool :) and the car cooler (see what i did there)

Also, i reckon you'd be hitting a solid 220-230 with those mods easy.

haha yeah i saw what ya did there haha.
Yeah i was thinking the matte black would only show up in good light sorter like another suubtle level to the elegance of these things lol. But wont know till it goes on so really only have one shot to make it count lol.
However a dull silver would look good too i reckon but only in gs styling not gt hmmmm....... Choices.
Anyone any good with photo shop?

Seems like we are keeping this thread afloat mate haha.
Where are all the sweet fg pics guys i know they are out there.

Yeah mcinnesfg i really wanna make half decent power for street cred like in the fast and furious haha. Nah but anything over 200rwkw would rock........ Leave a few sv6s even further behind than now haha. Gearboxes in those things are not great lol.

-PREVIOUS RIDE-
2010 N/A fg XR6 - EGO

Posted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:11 pm 
Stock as a Rock

NSW, Australia

Here is my mates FG

Attachments:
fg4.JPG
fg4.JPG [ 21.31 KiB | Viewed 315 times ]
fg3.JPG
fg3.JPG [ 19.32 KiB | Viewed 363 times ]
fg2.JPG
fg2.JPG [ 21.12 KiB | Viewed 307 times ]
fg1.JPG
fg1.JPG [ 20.38 KiB | Viewed 294 times ]

Posted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:36 pm 
Stock as a Rock

QLD, Australia

my671fordv8 wrote:
Here is my mates FG

this looks pretty good its got a little too much happening for my liking though.
Love the ride height and wheels though.

That is the type of stripe setup i want on my ute but run it all the way to the bottom of the door instead of mid door.

Imma order an underdrive kit and that mace engineering insulating spacer next week and see how she goes.
Keep ya all posted.

-PREVIOUS RIDE-
2010 N/A fg XR6 - EGO

Posted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:45 pm 
Parts Gopher

ACT, Australia

Personally dont like the wheels.
But i do love the F6's :) looks sexy :D

Posted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:25 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: fpv ute

QLD, Australia

Hi guys,

Ive recently started modding my FG ute up it started out as a base model tradesman now its got full genuine FPV GT kit, Raptor supercharger(currently installing), full leather G6E interior, Satin white body colour :), ultra lows all round with blocks in the back and the 20's :))

Attachments:
IMG_0027.jpg
IMG_0027.jpg [ 481.8 KiB | Viewed 366 times ]
IMG_0012.jpg
IMG_0012.jpg [ 480.32 KiB | Viewed 547 times ]

Posted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:18 pm 
Parts Gopher

ACT, Australia

That ute looks awesome mate :)
Bet it growls like a beast >.<

Posted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:50 pm 
Parts Gopher

QLD, Australia

once i get my tune sorted ill post a vid up of a skid :)

Posted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:46 am 
Parts Gopher

ACT, Australia

I CAN'T WAIT!!!!! I wanna see it now >.<

Posted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:36 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Vixen Red 09 FG XT

QLD, Australia

DAMN!! The stance on that ute is insane! I like :twisted:

VIXEN FG XT Previous best - 14.431 @ 99.69mph with minor mods
Currently 14.235 @ 101mph same mods. Bring on the 13's!

Posted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:23 pm 
Stock as a Rock

QLD, Australia

that is a sick ute dude definately keen to see how the charger goes as i only know of one other bloke who has done it and it was a modified ba/bf capa/ vortech kit. as this is the road i am also going to be pursuing, i was looking into rotrex superchargers but the raptor seems to be better value for money.

are you running stock internals with the charger or you plan to strengthen? manual or auto?
sorry im just really excited about your build cause its very close to what im looking to do further down the track when i can afford it.

good stuff my friend very good stuff keep us informed i will be watching very closely mate.

cheers.
obie.

-PREVIOUS RIDE-
2010 N/A fg XR6 - EGO

Posted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:33 pm 
Parts Gopher

QLD, Australia

Cheers guys, yeah cant wait to get the charger on....almost there now :))) as for internals im just leaving the motor as it is but ive upgraded the fuel system from pump to injectors. Also running the standard 4spd auto Ive installed a massive trans cooler but apparently thats the key to keeping them alive :) and installed a diff from BF typhoon and have a custom 1 piece tail shaft. Apparently the tail shaft eats the corn once you lower the car and then adding power just finishes them off i got one made for $220 :))

Will keep yous posted on my progress

Posted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:29 pm 
Stock as a Rock

QLD, Australia

joshyd wrote:
Cheers guys, yeah cant wait to get the charger on....almost there now :))) as for internals im just leaving the motor as it is but ive upgraded the fuel system from pump to injectors. Also running the standard 4spd auto Ive installed a massive trans cooler but apparently thats the key to keeping them alive :) and installed a diff from BF typhoon and have a custom 1 piece tail shaft. Apparently the tail shaft eats the corn once you lower the car and then adding power just finishes them off i got one made for $220 :))

Will keep yous posted on my progress

good stuff man i didn't know the fgs came out with a 4speed auto .
You sound like your on top of it haha.
im just in brisbane man would love to see this thing in the flesh when the s/charger is up and going.
what brand of cooler are you running in the pics?
obie.

-PREVIOUS RIDE-
2010 N/A fg XR6 - EGO

Sort by  
 Page 3 of 17  [ 251 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 17  Next