Fordmods Logo

Skyline? 

Page 2 of 6 [ 76 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Posted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:16 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA Wagon Turbo, Ba Fairlane G220

VIC, Australia

Yeah i know tell me about it (never here the end of it) :oops: But as soon as it happened the XR went straight in the shed motor rebuild more boost. 8-) wont happen agian. :D

Congo Green Ba Wagon With F6 6 Speed Manual Driveline.

Posted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:18 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: FG MkII Xr6t Ute

QLD, Australia

GeZza200 wrote:
You are getting beatin by a lancer turbo in your xr6 turbo, whats wrong with your car???

do normal lancers even have turbo options? I thought it was only evo's (but I admit I don't know about the tiers of lancer set ups)...

i have been in an evo 8 and it was freaking quick for a factory riceburner...it made me want to cry when i drove my car again lol

EVL098 wrote:
Cramping in the hand from having it on your Wang for an excessive period of time is a definate con.
Seriously do people google "f**k up modifications for Fords owned by Jews" and get linked straight to this site nowadays?

AU,factory fitted tickford kit/IRS, t5,Sports ryder/KYB: gone.

Posted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:21 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Yeah man she is an aftermarket setup running t28 bigger injectors wolf 3d bigger everything. Being front wheel drive she likes to fry those tyres. :D

Posted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:22 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 21 images

Ride: 98 EL Futura

Power: 199 rwkw

VIC, Australia

Dellar69 wrote:
Yeah i know tell me about it (never here the end of it) :oops: But as soon as it happened the XR went straight in the shed motor rebuild more boost. 8-) wont happen agian. :D

What is it? A done up Lancer GSR or an EVO?

EL Futura: CVE head, Wolf V500, ICE Ignition and Coil, 36lb injectors, Walbro 255lb, Paci comps, 3" exhaust, T5, Harrop Truetrac with 3.9s. Now with 198.9rwkw, (~185rwkw and 13.80 @99.1mph) with more power to come

Posted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:26 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Nah started life out as just a stock CE lancer.

Posted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:52 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EBII

NSW, Australia

A friend of mine has a lateish model Type R integra with the K20A 2L, goes really well, destroys all of my falcons and my commodore, gets better economy (10L per 100k or so he's said), but really, after paying $3000 for insurance (he is 4 years older than you), cost of the actual car....price of servicing and parts....... you're at best still a grand or so worse off per year.

Back in an E series!

Posted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:56 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Whiteknight1 wrote:
A friend of mine has a lateish model Type R integra with the K20A 2L, goes really well, destroys all of my falcons and my commodore, gets better economy (10L per 100k or so he's said), but really, after paying $3000 for insurance (he is 4 years older than you), cost of the actual car....price of servicing and parts....... you're at best still a grand or so worse off per year.

Meh, full exhaust, CAI and headwork would turn those tables around. lol

EL Futura: CVE head, Wolf V500, ICE Ignition and Coil, 36lb injectors, Walbro 255lb, Paci comps, 3" exhaust, T5, Harrop Truetrac with 3.9s. Now with 198.9rwkw, (~185rwkw and 13.80 @99.1mph) with more power to come

Posted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 5:04 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Hahaha, yea I know, all a matter of money, cant beat the falcons/commodores (for the price). In line with this guy wanting a car that gets better economy than the ford, thats my advice on high performance 2L cars, where you think you're saving money on fuel, even if you are, you're spending more than double on other things.

Back in an E series!

Posted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 5:32 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 5spd EF

Mate buy an excel.
Seriously best f**k car, and worst at the same time.
I used to only earn $80 a week in school and they would pay for petty and having fun.

r34? I was just like you kid, i wanted every import over 10k and i could afford it, but i settled and lets face it you will want to do it up, right? How much more cash are you going to throw into a car that really isn't all that good?

Ricer? wtf, how can a stock car be a ricer? The term ricer is thrown around well too much these days, kids have no idea what it means anymore.

Also, yeah i talk out my a**, but! IF YOU LIKE IT DO IT! f**k sheep.

Posted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 5:33 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Really at the end of the day it comes down to personal choice can any of us really justify the money we spend on our cars :D

Posted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:14 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 5spd EF

Why the hell would i say the r34 isn't a good car. I'm too caught up with my new oscars.

If you want a good looking car, powerfull, and cheap to run buy a car already completely modified, by the sounds of things you either have the cash, or big dreams.

My 2nd car was done up, rims, ps2, exhaust etc etc. couldn't have been happier with the car, It's a shame she couldn't swim. be careful though, there are a whole bunch of s**t cars out there.

Posted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:53 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

OsbornThomas wrote:
Why the hell would i say the r34 isn't a good car. I'm too caught up with my new oscars.

If you want a good looking car, powerfull, and cheap to run buy a car already completely modified, by the sounds of things you either have the cash, or big dreams.

My 2nd car was done up, rims, ps2, exhaust etc etc. couldn't have been happier with the car, It's a shame she couldn't swim. be careful though, there are a whole bunch of s**t cars out there.

Buying a car already done up, ruins the fun of doing it up yourself, and i think you take more pride in your car when you have done it yourself.

Posted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:16 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Hang on, the P plater turbo/v8 restriction came in a few months after I got my P's, I'm the last batch who can drive whatver they like.........i'm a few years older than this guy......unless WA hasn't addopted those restrictions.

Back in an E series!

Post subject: Re: Skyline?
Posted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:33 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: SF5 Forester

NSW, Australia

Teza wrote:
Anyone know any websites for Skyline bodykits? Im looking at getting an R34... i know it might be a 'Ricer' but hey seriously, fuel prices these days, who cares if its a ricer or not.. i'd swap a 4 or 5 litre motor for a 2.5litre turbo anyday if its gonna pull more KW and use less fuel.. So, if anyone has any info as to how much fuel they use? is it like 10Litres to 100k's? and websites for kits?

sorry mate i don't understand like you will be swapping a 6 cyl ford for a 6 cyl nissan turbo yeah sure the literage is smaller but you got to think that it will be a forced induction.. you will be using almost the same amount of fuel irregardless of the weight differences etc? sure the nissan motor will pull a better power figure etc but ya got to think if you mod and increase the power the whole idea of using fuel prices is a joke...

and bodykits for these nissan are all pretty generic and are a dime a dozen...

R.I.P Tobias my son.

Posted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:54 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

From my experience, fuel is the least of your worries as a P plater.

Back in an E series!

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 6  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next